Treatment type
Diet only
Have a couple of squares of 90% :)

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I trained myself to like dark chocalate and factored it into my carb allowance. I alway have a square after dinner. Start at 60% if you are not used to it. Really savour the taste. Lindor extra dark is also a good but it depends on how low carb you are as to whether it is suitable.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Try melting a square or two of 85% in a cup of boiling water then adding some coffee and little double cream. Rings my choc craving bell!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
100% Hotel Chocolat buttons for me please! :hungry:

Reactions: kitedoc

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I either have a square of 99% dark choc or if I can be ***** I melt some in a bowl over hot water together with some coconut oil, add in some cacoa powder and some almonds, sometimes a bit of erythritol or monkfruit drops and / or some orange extract too, put the whole lot in a silicone mould and leave it in the fridge for an hour or so to set. Apart from taking up time, the only problem is that its a very more-ish mixture

Edited by mod for profanity.
Edited to add
Cant quite see how writing a ***** as I did, can constitute profanity - still each to their own

Last edited:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Try melting a square or two of 85% in a cup of boiling water then adding some coffee and little double cream. Rings my choc craving bell!

I shall try that sometime!

Diane_56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks all for your suggestions shall try some of them

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
M

Member496333

You can buy 100% cocoa chocolate. It’s amazing. 8g carbs for an entire 100g bar and no sugars. Very likely too bitter for most people but I love it. I moderate it to a few squares on a weekend night, though, as I don’t want to develop a ‘sweet’ tooth.

I get my daily chocfix by sprinkling a little organic cinnamon and cocoa powder on my morning coffee :)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have one square of anything above 90% every day after my meal. Had a piece of husbands choc orange when I was a little too low the other night and thought it far too sweet and sickly. It is amazing how taste buds change.