Cold, pins and needles in arms and hands

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone
I’ve been doing IF and low carb for a month or so and greatly reduced my bm to now normal levels, plus lost 5kg. I’m feeling a lot better in myself too, more energy etc. but last few weeks I’ve started feeling cold, particularly in my hands and feet, but overnight I’ll wake up with numbness and pins and needles in my arms (particularly if I’ve been sleeping on one of my arms) and in general my arms and hands are feeling numb and pins and needle-y. Last night it was actually a bit painful. Is this normal? My blood pressure readings are ok. No swelling or anything. Just so cold and low key numb and tingly alot.
Thanks!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@iwilltouchyourcat It's best you speak to your GP about those symptoms, best to get a professional's view on that.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone
I’ve been doing IF and low carb for a month or so and greatly reduced my bm to now normal levels, plus lost 5kg. I’m feeling a lot better in myself too, more energy etc. but last few weeks I’ve started feeling cold, particularly in my hands and feet, but overnight I’ll wake up with numbness and pins and needles in my arms (particularly if I’ve been sleeping on one of my arms) and in general my arms and hands are feeling numb and pins and needle-y. Last night it was actually a bit painful. Is this normal? My blood pressure readings are ok. No swelling or anything. Just so cold and low key numb and tingly alot.
Thanks!
You might want to try some magnesium supplements, that helped me with my 'funny feelings and cramps ', especially the night time ones

Reactions: iwilltouchyourcat

LouisLane

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hello everyone
Thanks!
I get the same..cold and numbness in extremities especially my lips feet and fingers and hands..everything's up and down weird seems to please it's self..unrelated to carbs I lost over 10st and mostly eat chicken fish veg and salad bit of banana and green apples I don't heal well and feet are a mess oh yes and thrush keeps coming back

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I get the same..cold and numbness in extremities especially my lips feet and fingers and hands..everything's up and down weird seems to please it's self..unrelated to carbs I lost over 10st and mostly eat chicken fish veg and salad bit of banana and green apples I don't heal well and feet are a mess oh yes and thrush keeps coming back
Amazing weight loss (assuming it was intention and beneficial).

How long have you been diagnosed, what medications and what type? What sort of levels do you see and are there any other conditions to consider? Has a dr diagnosed what’s happening with those cold numb ends?

These things help guide answers you may receive . I’ve never seen a diabetic yet who’s blood sugar doesn’t fluctuate with the addition or subtraction of carbs but with the exception of the bananas those things all look low carb So I assume you mean the cold and numb feelings don’t correspond to your diet, rather than your bgl.

Reactions: LouisLane

LouisLane

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Amazing weight loss (assuming it was intention and beneficial).

How long have you been diagnosed, what medications and what type? What sort of levels do you see and are there any other conditions to consider? Has a dr diagnosed what’s happening with those cold numb ends?

These things help guide answers you may receive . I’ve never seen a diabetic yet who’s blood sugar doesn’t fluctuate with the addition or subtraction of carbs but with the exception of the bananas those things all look low carb So I assume you mean the cold and numb feelings don’t correspond to your diet, rather than your bgl.
Hi I don't know who you are because I can't see your name..but thanks for the encouragement.almost felt like crying it's been so hard..I got gestational ds 25yrs ago no one told me it would probably come back I was addicted to pies lol. I mean sometimes I can eat and feel kind've ok and other times sky high with no food..some herbal teas contain berberine which lowers bs was diagnosed T2 but in hospital responded greatly to insuline..doctors don't listen to me try to lecture me on lifestyle but I'm doing everything right.. I've not got too much energy only when I'm not feeling too bad I'll go out.. sometimes I can't walk.
thank you it's nice to talk about it..
can't take those medications too bad on my stomach and my blood pressure rockets thank you how long have you had diabetis❓