Completion of profile settings

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't have a problem with the 'prefer not to say' because I sometimes take the view that I prefer not to bother to respond to posters who have selected this option.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I saw a person ( can't use the word member, because) who posted yesterday and noticed it has 'guest', how can that happen ?
I will try and locate it.

I saw that and assumed the person had deleted their account but were back reading the forum as a guest at the time I saw it.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I was never given option when I set profile up. Doesn’t give me option on phone and I really only use the app.
I think my details were added but I can’t see it and I can’t see the info on anyone’s profiles.

So sometimes it may not be the posters fault that the info isn’t readily available.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Certainly it’s a little bit of a problem area. I for one would welcome some sort of solution. I have decided going forward to not contribute in anything even remotely autoimmune related, so a quick glance would certainly save everyone time. I upset someone so badly yesterday that they were complaining about my avatar :shifty:
Your avatar is great. We all upset others at one time or another, here and elsewhere. Your posts have been very helpful, insightful and useful to me (a type 1). Lots of people find the low-carb advice even though aimed here at type 2s very useful for type 1s who've had difficulties pairing insulin intake with carbs eaten. I realize there are some who are tired of hearing about Dr Bernstein but he and his huge following have been a guiding light for me. Remember what they say - if you're afraid of treading on toes, you'll never dance.
ETA: last sentence not really applicable to the subject matter - just an explanation of my rationale for wanting to avoid anything and everything T1 related.

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Jim -Your avatar is great. We all upset others at one time or another, here and elsewhere. Your posts have been very helpful, insightful and useful to me (a type 1). Lots of people find the low-carb advice even though aimed here at type 2s very useful for type 1s who've had difficulties pairing insulin intake with carbs eaten. I realize there are some who are tired of hearing about Dr Bernstein but he and his huge following have been a guiding light for me. Remember what they say - if you're afraid of treading on toes, you'll never dance. (I don't know where all this went when I posted earlier so I've reposted it)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ha. We laugh, but yesterday I was accused of attacking people based on my avatar pointing the finger at them :hilarious:

& there was I thinking you were merely offering a sausage, Jim. ;)
I'm a member of a Jap import forum, that was our secret sign!
Another interesting fact. Before diagnosis as a child. As BGs were climbing. I lost my appetite. (But boy could I drink.)
It was my birthday & the usual "kiddie fair" was on offer. I couldn't eat a thing, but was drewn to protien.. Just to keep my mum happy..

Just point & click on "report" at the first sign of any trouble. :)
Yer always welcome to swing by & say hi on any of my threads..

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Certainly it’s a little bit of a problem area. I for one would welcome some sort of solution. I have decided going forward to not contribute in anything even remotely autoimmune related, so a quick glance would certainly save everyone time. I upset someone so badly yesterday that they were complaining about my avatar :shifty:

ETA: last sentence not really applicable to the subject matter - just an explanation of my rationale for wanting to avoid anything and everything T1 related.

Oh I feel sad you say that but I understand. Personally I appreciate type 2 input. I would say as low carbing type 1 Ive received more supportive comments and reactions from type 2s than type 1s and that certainly meant something to me, but I understand your reaction. It’s a sensitive topic.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh I feel sad you say that but I understand. Personally I appreciate type 2 input. I would say as low carbing type 1 Ive received more supportive comments and reactions from type 2s than type 1s and that certainly meant something to me, but I understand your reaction. It’s a sensitive topic.

Knowledge & experience of carb & nutritional content is always valued. Whatever type. :)
We're all counting them, one way or another....

Reactions: jjraak and michita
D

Deleted member 308541

Ha. We laugh, but yesterday I was accused of attacking people based on my avatar pointing the finger at them :hilarious:
Crikey! I hope I do not upset <<<Insert User Name>>> with my avatar @Jim Lahey, with a few drops of blood spurting out of a finger.
0y4h3.gif

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I saw that and assumed the person had deleted their account but were back reading the forum as a guest at the time I saw it.

Not just me then, but Jaylee has replied as to why the member was a 'guest ' :)

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have decided going forward to not contribute in anything even remotely autoimmune related

That's a very good decision, Jim.

T1 is an incredibly complex condition with dozens of variables to manage.

The T1 community here tries to guide newly dx'd T1s through those.

It really doesn't help when someone with an entirely different medical condition pitches in and says, do low carb and it'll all be fine.

There are deep complexities in T1 management which other types will never understand.

A lot of the advice given on this site, especially about low carbing, seems to be from people who've béen doing this for a few years.

Many of us have been doing this for decades, 20, 30, 40 years. Have some respect for folks who have managed T1 for extended periods perfectly well without doing extremely restricted diets.

Reactions: porl69 and Emily95
M

Member496333

That's a very good decision, Jim.

T1 is an incredibly complex condition with dozens of variables to manage.

The T1 community here tries to guide newly dx'd T1s through those.

It really doesn't help when someone with an entirely different medical condition pitches in and says, do low carb and it'll all be fine.

There are deep complexities in T1 management which other types will never understand.

A lot of the advice given on this site, especially about low carbing, seems to be from people who've béen doing this for a few years.

Many of us have been doing this for decades, 20, 30, 40 years. Have some respect for folks who have managed T1 for extended periods perfectly well without doing extremely restricted diets.

Just to be clear, I don’t prescribe any particular way of eating to anyone. Not sure what you mean by “have some respect”, but I imagine this isn’t the place for that discussion.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not only do I not look like my profile picture, but neither does my human companion look like me : )))))
But it is definitely one of my favourite images on the forum! And i have to admit that my avatar is somewhat misleading as I'm far too old and decrepit to skip now...

But seriously, I believe that if people want appropriate help/advice, then they need to help us to provide it by including relevant and important information in their profiles. Otherwise it's liable to be a waste of all our time and effort...

Robbity

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Folks,

This is a topic on certain ambiguous health status membership causing uncertainty with relivant responses..

Bickering will be axed. Thread bans will ensue.

Be nice, or find another topic.

Thanks.