1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Dear judgemental person

Discussion in 'Diabetes Soapbox - Have Your Say' started by AdamJames, Apr 4, 2018.

1. donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs Type 1 · Master

Its back at no.1 in the book charts.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. lowedb

lowedb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oh god, I couldn't risk having one of those. All of my colleagues would be constantly plugging in and trying to 'diagnose' me.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. lowedb

lowedb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

And this has been made even more appropriate today given that I have spent 9 hours at work trying to figure out why the software on the computer won't 'see' the dongle plugged into the diagnostic port. And apparently stress raises your BG?

• Hug Hug x 1
  4. Gail1947

Gail1947 · Member

Well done for your difficult efforts. It’s like asking an alcoholic to have three drinks a day “ but they must be tiny! “ but we have to eat! Some things I think you may have misjudged... we are not all born identical, so that makes a difference beyond your control. If that guy counts calories, that form of dieting will fail because your metabolism follows the calories down and you stop loosing. We have been told reduce calories for a hundred years and obesity is still rising and so is diabetes. So what more proof does the medical profession need?
    Chin up you will get there one day “or die in the attempt! “ he he.
    Good luck from a new type2 food addict.

5. ert

ert Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Even judgy, judgy, judgy people will applause your forthrightness.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook