Type 1 Dedicated Menu Page

Njieberridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not being able to eat Walkers Crisps, and Biscuits, grumpy people
I seem to spend most of my time thinking about food!!!!, what can I have for Lunch, whilst eating my Breakfast, and what can I have for Dinner Whilst eating my Lunch, it would be great if we had a Seven day Menu Plan, in place so with a click , we could have it here at our finger tips, members could put a meal on here, with Carbs Sugar and fat content, I have a Carb and Calorie counter book, which is helpful, but it's mainly processed food, I am new to the Forum, so it may have been discussed before, I just get sick of how much time I have to think about all that goes with being a Type 1 diabetic, and by the way this site is AMAZING, have learnt so much from it, for instance, shouldn't eat Grapefruit if on Metformin, which I am taking, so thanks Peeps .

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Have you checked out the recipes section in low carb forum and also the same place look for chocolate paradise... do they help?

Njieberridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Have you checked out the recipes section in low carb forum and also the same place look for chocolate paradise... do they help?
Ha ha , like the name, no I haven't,, sorry to be a dope , but where is the low carb forum, as I said I'm new on here, and haven't got the hang of it yet, I will take a look and thanks

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
If you scroll down the Home Page (the one all the forums are listed on) there is Food Nutrition and Recipes and then Low Carb Forum

l am a transplanted southern hemisperian and this island suits the name we use hence mine :hilarious::happy:

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I think you will find it's statins that you shouldn't have grapefruit with, not Metformin?

Njieberridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks Guys, I read so much imfo on here and get confused haha, I am on Statins, so , still can't eat grapefruit, will look at the low carb forum now :)

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
And he's off galloping along the home straight a sharp left hard turn and he's skidded past into recipes....quick back track and in he goes...another one hits the low carb forum....

Njieberridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
And he's off galloping along the home straight a sharp left hard turn and he's skidded past into recipes....quick back track and in he goes...another one hits the low carb forum....
Lol, SHE did skid straight on to the forum!!!!!, then got sidetracked, reading the other stuff on there, yep, she's off again s'long now

Reactions: 2 people

kerrygrant26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Brown rice, all the negative attention diabetics get from the media
I find homemade vegetable and lentil soup with a handful of bacon lardons (i do mine in the slow cooker) doesn't affect my readings and it tastes amazing if I do say so myself. I haven't worked out the nutritional information though lol my maths skills leave a lot to be desired :)

Njieberridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I find homemade vegetable and lentil soup with a handful of bacon lardons (i do mine in the slow cooker) doesn't affect my readings and it tastes amazing if I do say so myself. I haven't worked out the nutritional information though lol my maths skills leave a lot to be desired :)
Thanks Kerrygrant26, I do love my soups and lentils, i have a slow cooker, but never thought of making soup in it, will have a go at making it, I wasn't so good at maths myself, but I do know, that it can't be that high in carbs and fats,

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The Calorie Carb & Fat Bible 2014 has a good comprehensive list of foods with all the nutritional information you need.

kerrygrant26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Brown rice, all the negative attention diabetics get from the media
Thanks Kerrygrant26, I do love my soups and lentils, i have a slow cooker, but never thought of making soup in it, will have a go at making it, I wasn't so good at maths myself, but I do know, that it can't be that high in carbs and fats,
If you'd like the recipe for the soup I made just send me a pm and I'll send it along for you :)really basic ingredients that can be adapted to your own taste

Njieberridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
If you'd like the recipe for the soup I made just send me a pm and I'll send it along for you :)really basic ingredients that can be adapted to your own taste
Hi there
Yes I would like the recipe for the soup, it's nice to have different ones to try, I'm afraid I don't know what pm means!!!!!, don't know any of the jargon used on here

Njieberridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The Calorie Carb & Fat Bible 2014 has a good comprehensive list of foods with all the nutritional information you need.
Hi Noblehead, thank for the tip off, is it more informative than than the carbs and calorie counter?:)

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
PM is a personal message it can be a bit aquward to find but follow the following route:
Click on a persons name
Takes you to their profile page
Go to the tab that says Information
Click on that
Scroll down to the Send a Conversation
Click and will take you to pvt message.that person can read
Couple of other ways l think but l use that route.

Good Luck
MID :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi Noblehead, thank for the tip off, is it more informative than than the carbs and calorie counter?:)

Certainly the book is a lot bulkier but it has a good comprehensive list of foods :)

Njieberridge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
PM is a personal message it can be a bit aquward to find but follow the following route:
Click on a persons name
Takes you to their profile page
Go to the tab that says Information
Click on that
Scroll down to the Send a Conversation
Click and will take you to pvt message.that person can read
Couple of other ways l think but l use that route.

Good Luck
MID :)
i