borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Re: DAY 1

NewdestinyX said:
If not -- then you should try a different version - like Sid's saying of either very lo carb -- or what I do - which is normal lo carb.. 70-90kg.day (some call that moderate -- but it's really 'low' by most definitions).

90kg of carbs? That's over 7000 chocolate hobnobs a day! This "normal lo carb" thing sounds easier than I thought (I've never managed to eat more than 2000 at a single sitting).

NewdestinyX

Re: DAY 1

borofergie said:
NewdestinyX said:
If not -- then you should try a different version - like Sid's saying of either very lo carb -- or what I do - which is normal lo carb.. 70-90kg.day (some call that moderate -- but it's really 'low' by most definitions).

90kg of carbs? That's over 7000 chocolate hobnobs a day! This "normal lo carb" thing sounds easier than I thought (I've never managed to eat more than 2000 at a single sitting).
LOL!!! Ya got me, Kenny. Of course I meant 70-90g of carbs. Not kg. :)

I take in between 1600-2000kcal/day - little more on weekends.

The point is, Kenny, get real. Be honest with yourself and design something that will work long term. That's the real victory! There's no caloric cure for Diabetes. There's no cure at all. Maybe one day. But that day is not today. Change your body's metabolism slowly and surely. And give yourself time to remake yourself. Remake the whole way you think about eating. That's the challenge.

pixor

Kenny said:
Interestingly, my skin condition has continued to be very good. I reckon the work I did before shifted a lot of fat from the liver and improved liver function. So already a permanent health improvement after dieting for only 10 days.
Getting increasingly spotty was one of the things I had noticed as my blood sugar levels continued to climb. It's one of the first things I have noticed since getting them back under control again. Hooray for healthy skin! :)

Kenny

I'm perfectly happy climbing onto this wagon and then falling off repeatedly. Actually, I don't fall off. I deliberately lower myself to the ground. I don't do guilt and shame. Perhaps I should start a thread called 'Defatizing in an erratic fashion with Kenny'.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do it Kenny!

I'm loving the image I got of you gracefully swooning under the influence of a chip.

wiflib

pixor

For all the guilt we may feel if/when we fall off the wagon, we must remember that we are doing something for ourselves, and we are stubborn so-and-sos. Not many people have 100% will power - I know I don't.

Kenny

DAY 1

Weight is stable at 109 Kg. Diet has been erratic because my wife's birthday was yesterday and I was forced to eat cake against my will. I didn't have much... honest! Today will be 2 herbalife chocolatized vanilla shakes with broccoli soup for lunch. Yum!

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Kenny.....You keep going A wall ......Will have to send the MoDs after you next Time :lol:

[youtube]7oE4G12SDNg[/youtube]

dventura

Does anybody know whether the good results (HbA1c) are permanent, even if you go back to eating normal amounts of calories (in moderation of course - not amounts that will make you put on excessive weight).

bowell

Dislikes
Well few on the study yes

I will let you know around 12 weeks time

Bob VLCD BG 5.5 no meds first time in 4 years

NewdestinyX

bowell said:
Well few on the study yes

I will let you know around 12 weeks time

Bob VLCD BG 5.5 no meds first time in 4 years
Great job, Bowell!! You're the only one I think that's still on the 'straight and narrow' with this one. Keep up the great work. So interested to see how it turns out for you. Though I have a feeling you really won't be able to or 'want to' return to 'normal' eating after this. It could actually make you pretty sick to your stomach if you try to jump back too quick. Keep us posted!!!

bowell

Dislikes
Blacksmarty1 is in front and still doing well Patch small fall but back on the road

Few others doing well ,Not posting fear of backlash not wishing to look like fools if they fail
i can see why

Its a slow return to normal food one meal at a time
after the first 8 weeks one meal is replaced with normal meal healthy balanced
moderate portion (No gut busters) keep at this until you reach your goal weight, then one more meal is replaced to see if you can maintain your weight ,finally you replace the last meal

And away you go

Most on this have eaten diabetic diet of some kind or other so should have less problems with
diet control :roll: after the VLCD be a shame to drop back after all the hard work

I may still keep to a shake meal for breakfast For me its very easy
if i am still in bed or up and in my wheelchair chair ,, also keeps me full
Anyway counting all my chickens now so better stop NOW

KENNY whats up have we lost you ?

ob

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been considering continueing shakes for b'fast once finshed. I've never eaten breakfast, but these shakes go down pretty well at 7am...

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good Patch, your going without breakfast worried me
(I think that's my mother's instinct coming out there, though I'm sure I could find references if I tried :lol: )

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Very well done, Bob and Patch. I'm very impressed :p

These shakes - can you have them hot? Hot chocolate?

Viv 8)

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Can't see why not? The Royal Choc shake is lovely - would taste a lot like hot chock if you used warm water, or even microwaved the made-up shake...

bowell

Dislikes
Done that with the Chocolate and Coffee slim-fast ones both are very Nice like this
But I like them cold with Ice
As far tooooooooo tempting to drink them thinking its just a hot Chocolate or normal Coffee :oops:

Then have a black hot coffee

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Patch said:
I've been considering continueing shakes for b'fast once finshed. I've never eaten breakfast, but these shakes go down pretty well at 7am...

What do you think would happen if I started having these for breakfast and continue with my usual low carb for the rest of the day?