Defatizing with Optislim by Patch

ernie100

Hi
Just thought that I would share it with you that day 11 on the diet my Fasting BG is 5.2...on day 0 it was 7.5 ?????.....hmmm methinks its time to celebrate with a cup of tea (green) and some roasted tomatoes with chillie and olive oil.....
Perhaps its unfair on Patch for me to keeep posting my ramblings on his thread ...which are quasi diet and quasi voodo science....so will put up a separate thread which summarises my journey so far on this experiment and will keep it updated...the only thing is I dont take my BG readings very frequently.....I would be happy for the thread perhaps to be used by all on the trial to post just summarised results???? with a couple of supporting comments...what do you say.....??? Mr Moderatorss...any suggestions/ comments ?????

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
ennrie said:
Sorry just to clarify...its my ramblings that are quasi science and voodoo..not Patch's

Thanks ernie. To clarify - MY ramblings are full blown voodoo! :wink:

Day Twelve - Friday 05th August

Fasting Bg:
5.2mmol/L

Happy with that! Lastnights pre-bed time reading was 7.3mmol/L - so somethings going right!

Here's to a good weekend!

pixor

Brilliant fasting readings, Patch.

I've been knocked off course a bit by having visitors to stay and eating out :(

I'm determined to get back on the wagon though.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I am VERY chuffed. Just got the challenge of this weekend (not going away), to deal with. I find it challenging because weekends are usually when I treat myself with food.

As long as I can hold out until Monday morning (my REAL treat - weighing in!) I'll be fine.

Weekend away is NEXT weekend. I'm a little concerned about how the booze is going to effect me, so I'll be drinking bottles instead of pints, and making them LAAAAST...

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Patch have you faded right away :?:
CAROL

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Been meaning to update this thread but ben very busy...

Weight loss this week was ONLY 1lb. Pretty gutted. BUT - my BG is RIGHT DOWN (minus all diabetic meds!) and my fasting BG this morning was 3.9mmol/L!!!! +1hr after a Banana shake it was 8.4mmol/L. +2hr was 6.9mmol/L.

Just need to get the weight loss going again!

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
Congratulations Patch! As I said elsewhere you are a legend ( well, I said amazing but you ARE a legend) and probably not in your own lunch box either as I guess you are not using one at the moment, just a shaker. :lol:
The Optifast gave me a one hour spike I was not happy with so I am now back on low carbing and making my own shake concoction which raises me about 0.8 - 1.00. I weigh myself daily and have been static for about 3 days now.
I had an annual check up last week (4 months overdue) and my A1c went down 0.1 and in the midst of the weight loss my total cholesterol went up slightly as I expected. HDL also went up, trigs down and LDL up but I put that one down to the 3 kgs of fat I shifted in 3 weeks. BP 110/60 and the GP told the student doctor she was not concerned with the slight rise in total cholesterol as I no longer needed to be in the diabetic range as she considered that I was "a person at risk of developing diabetes" not diabetic. She gave me a referal for another blood test to be done when I am finished losing weight in my own time.
I know that I am a diabetic but can maintain non-diabetic figures as long as I keep on low carbing.
Fantastic effort.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
CV said:
...GP told the student doctor she was not concerned with the slight rise in total cholesterol as I no longer needed to be in the diabetic range as she considered that I was "a person at risk of developing diabetes" not diabetic.

This is AWESOME news! I've put off seeing the Dr. at the moment as I want to get my HbA1c down. I thing after a couple of months I'll make an appointment and have a full set of diebetic bloods taken.

Success is a GREAT motivator, isn't it!

sugar2

Great news about your BG Patch..well done.

I am curious. Do you have a theory about the lack of weight loss this week? (A lb off is still good though! better than a lb on).

I didn't expect you to lose as much as last week, but I am surprised that it was "just" a lb. Wondered if you had any theories.?

Fantastic news about the BG though...and that was teh aim after all.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I cheated a little over the weekend (although at the time I didn't think it would have much effect, as some vegetable are allowed...).

On Friday night I had a small salad of lettuce, tomatoe and cucumber with 2 slices of ham, and some ceasar dressing. On saturday night I had some green beans roasted in the oven with a little sesame oil and salt. On Sunday night I had some olives and a couple of Gherkins.

Won't be doing that again. :oops:

Pretty disapointed about the small loss.

sugar2

Patch said:
I cheated a little over the weekend (although at the time I didn't think it would have much effect, as some vegetable are allowed...).

On Friday night I had a small salad of lettuce, tomatoe and cucumber with 2 slices of ham, and some ceasar dressing. On saturday night I had some green beans roasted in the oven with a little sesame oil and salt. On Sunday night I had some olives and a couple of Gherkins.

Won't be doing that again. :oops:

Pretty disapointed about the small loss.

Well, I guess that is cheating in the sense of not sticking to the newcastle study...but it is hardly a major cheat!

Maybe you are an "averaging" type of weight loss person...loads one week, nothing the next, followed by loads the following week and so on...still a great average loss though. Good luck.

ernie100

Keep going Patch.......the Newcastle trial did include the use of salads / veg after each meal.........to increase the carb intake from 6000 to 800 calories per day. Dont fret about the weight .....it will happen and after all the BG in the short term in more important than the weight...are you drinking tea / coffee? ....if so how much?

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
It's only things I've read on the web but the weight loss issue-apparently (to my understanding) with a sudden drop in calories the body adjusts it's metabolism so it can get by doing the same on fewer calories. It's the plateau thing, it's this slowing of metabolism that would cause rapid weight gain if you weren't to maintain some diet control after these few weeks. I'm sure googling plateau syndromw will offer a better explanation than i abbreviated to a couple of lines

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Day 17 - Wednesday 10th August

Fasting BG:
4.0mmol/L - Woo-hoo!!!

That is good stuff. I also weighed myself again this morning after my measly 1lb loss on Monday morning, and (happily!) found that my weight has dropped by a further 4lbs since then!

You have to factor in weight fluctuations (it's why I SHOULD only weigh once a week!) but the psychological boost that it has given me should see me through this weekend's trip without any major slip ups food/drink wise.

If you'd have told me less than 3 weeks ago that my fasting BG would come down from 12mmol/L (always double figures), to 4mmol/L (without medication???) I'd call you mad...

But...