Defatizing with Optislim by Patch

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ernie - keep the faith, man! That's a good +2hr reading. I'd strongly suggest buying some strips and requesting a free meter from the manufacturer.

Sid - what's wrong with changing the lifestyle AFTER the quick fix? That way, you get the quick fix AND the benefit of an improved lifestyle? That's exactly what I'll be doing - and I fully expect that due to the benefits of weight loss, reduced insulin resistance and no meds, those lifestyle changes will result in maintained weight loss.

I've got no problem calling it an extreme diet. Extreme is not a bad word. (Especially to "dem yout").

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Ernie if your doing this with GPs help Ask for some test strips?
Im lucky i have them anyway on prescription ,I have asked for few extra strips
My Metformin will start to drop from Sunday 2500mg All ready for the following Monday lift off

Other meds will be dropped as and when with test results
Seeing my GP this Friday for other things Dist Nurse just left with a Arm full of blood
outcome will be my GO-NO-GO for lift off

[youtube]iPHhHyoOhjU[/youtube]

bowell

Dislikes
If i drop the Metformin i am more likely go up before I start ,
Dropping it slowly over the next week before i start
I also want to drop some of my Glit just before i start
Anyway i will talk to GP Friday

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
bowell said:
If i drop the Metformin i am more likely go up before I start ,
Dropping it slowly over the next week before i start
I also want to drop some of my Glit just before i start
Anyway i will talk to GP Friday
Don't forget to check your blood pressure-- that can drop quickly too.

ernie100

Bowell
Good luck and keep us up to date.....how many of us nutters are out there doing it.........? Just sat down after scoffing a big plate of stir fried veg...chillie, balsamic vinegar, fresh ripe tomatoes and hot peepers to give the basic sauce a kick....totally forgot its just veg...

Good point re strips will ring surgery tomorrow to get a supply.....if basic BG readings continue south will be happy bunny :D

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
I'm on day 6, which has been the hardest day so far. Weight loss stuck at -10lbs, but I would have easily settled for that a week ago.

bowell

Dislikes

handy thing being in the wheelchair .......You don't fall. ..Rest of the time Sat in the armchair

Good point though
I have a BP machine GP already told me wants all the info emailed to him daily

Note Im starting Monday 15th Aug
Just as Patch comes back from his blow out weekend :mrgreen:

ernie100

borofergie said:
I'm on day 6, which has been the hardest day so far. Weight loss stuck at -10lbs, but I would have easily settled for that a week ago.

Keep going....you will lose it............

ernie100

bowell said:

handy thing being in the wheelchair .......You don't fall. ..Rest of the time Sat in the armchair

Good point though
I have a BP machine GP already told me wants all the info emailed to him daily

Note Im starting Monday 15th Aug
Just a Patch comes back from his blow out weekend :mrgreen:

Great stuff that you are getting support??? from your GP.........keep us posted

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Ernie

Hope your stir fry did not have too much balsamic vinegar in it. As it contains grape must it is 12% sugar (14% carbs)!!

Doug

Albert

Osidge said:
Ernie

Hope your stir fry did not have too much balsamic vinegar in it. As it contains grape must it is 12% sugar (14% carbs)!!

Doug[/quote

Surely just because balsamic vinegar contains 14g carbs per 100 mil that's no reason to worry too much ? In my experience making stir frys containg balsamic vinegar I only use about 5 or 10 mil to taste, not a 100 mil ! That means at the most that it contains no more than about 1.4g carbs - hardly going to cause too much trouble surely?? :roll:

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Day Eleven - Thursday 04th August

Fasting BG:
6.2mmol/L

Bed Time:
7.3mmol/L

Had a little slip up last night... :oops: Got to 11pm and realised that I hadn't eaten any dinner!

****. :wink:

That's a few meals I've missed and not been hungry. I also forgot to measure by bed-time BG last night.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Not since I first started Atkins have I missed a meal. I am absolutely certain that this is doing me good

pixor

Congratulations Patch.

I am doing something similar, but using Atkins Advantage shakes as one shake has just 6g of carbs. I am replacing 2 meals a day with the shakes and having a low calorie/carb, freshly cooked meal in the evening. I wanted to make sure I was still eating fresh food (especially veg).

I've not had as dramatic weight loss as you, but I've managed 4.5 kg over 5 weeks so far, and better blood sugar control. I'll keep going until my BMI is well within the recommended readings.

Good luck!

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
As soon as I STOP losing weight on this regime (or my fasting BG starts to creep up) I'll be substituting the Optislim shakes for a similar, lo-carb, protein shake. I'll also suppliment that with a good A-Z multivit.

Weighing in only once a week should mean I catch any plateau less than a week into it.

bowell

Dislikes
By rights if its working as per study You should be more able to deal with the Carbs in the meal replacement drinks as the weeks go by :?: :wink:

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
They're definitely hitting my +1hr numbers pretty hard. Be interesting to see what happens as I lose more weight.

ernie100

Hi
FYI I am down to 2 shakes per day...max (they are just too sweet)and have substituted for a salad or veg based meal./ home made veg soup. (all approved veg)..I take milk thistle, multi vitamins and omega 3 fish oil every day as well. I drink water or green tea.....BUT today had my first coffee for 10 days and it was yum.....only 10 days until the next., Ok its a slight variation on the strict regime but I feel full, and although the shakes provide the basic nutrients etc....I kinda prefer the whole food approach...and still v low carbs but more liver friendly......