Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Has the app on Android been removed? I am unable to find it in the play store and the link provided to the app does not work.

Cheers
Not an answer to your question, but I found using the forum through my browser much better than using the app.
I'll tag in a couple of moderators to have a look for you: @KennyA @lovinglife @EllieM .

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The app is working as well as it ever does for me (also on Android). I much prefer using a browser so I rarely look at it. But it's still there and still functional.

I'll look at the link on the site - that's not mod territory so it will be up to admin to check it.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The app is working as well as it ever does for me (also on Android). I much prefer using a browser so I rarely look at it. But it's still there and still functional.

I'll look at the link on the site - that's not mod territory so it will be up to admin to check it.
There was a link on the top of my page yesterday but I clicked it away.
I just had a look in the play store and searched for diabetes.co.uk and didn't get any results. (Apart from countless other diabetes related apps.)

Reactions: WallisOnline

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Has the app on Android been removed? I am unable to find it in the play store and the link provided to the app does not work.

Cheers
Hi WallisOnline

I can't find a link to the app either. The app itself is working but I have no idea why there doesn't seem to be an active link and (as you say) it doesn't seem to be available in the playstore.

So - I've reported the issue and it will be over to the tech people to resolve. Sorry there's nothing more I can do.

K

WallisOnline

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi WallisOnline

I can't find a link to the app either. The app itself is working but I have no idea why there doesn't seem to be an active link and (as you say) it doesn't seem to be available in the playstore.

So - I've reported the issue and it will be over to the tech people to resolve. Sorry there's nothing more I can do.

K
Cheers for taking a look!

• Agree
Reactions: EllieM and Antje77

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone heard of Tapatalk?

It's a single app that can access 00's of compatible forums. I used it years ago when I was supporting numerous product websites. I've often thought about resurrecting it to access here and the d.....org.uk site from one place. Can't find anywhere that says either site is compatible. Must admit I haven't tried very hard.

Anyone know?

Reactions: WallisOnline

WallisOnline

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone heard of Tapatalk?

It's a single app that can access 00's of compatible forums. I used it years ago when I was supporting numerous product websites. I've often thought about resurrecting it to access here and the d.....org.uk site from one place. Can't find anywhere that says either site is compatible. Must admit I haven't tried very hard.

Anyone know?
Tapatalk does work for this forum... using it to write this reply. I had forgotten about this.

Reactions: barrym

Paul_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Cheers
I found the same, the app isn't available through Play Store.

However, if you view the forum in Chrome and click on the 3 dot Chrome menu in the top right corner (not the 3 dot forum menu just under it), you should see a menu option for "Install App". Click on that and the DCUK app will install on your device.

Screenshot_20230914_211221_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

WallisOnline

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I found the same, the app isn't available through Play Store.

However, if you view the forum in Chrome and click on the 3 dot Chrome menu in the top right corner (not the 3 dot forum menu just under it), you should see a menu option for "Install App". Click on that and the DCUK app will install on your device.

View attachment 63158
Hi,

This worked for me and installed the app... will have a play around and see which works best for me.

Thanks for the assistance!

Reactions: Antje77 and Paul_

Carson_DCUK

Staff Member
Administrator
Hi,

Apologies for not getting on this sooner. We are currently building a new app for use on Android, and this will be available from the app store.

We will make a more formal announcement once this has been done.

Kind regards,
Carson