Diabetics

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I’m just asking a general question, do you all constantly think about diabetes all the time?

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do at the moment becuase i havnt had my tests to show my levels have dropped.

I think once i get back to a good HBA1C i wont any more. I need to carry on doing on what im doing but just relax back into life or i will become overly obsessed with it all.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not about diabetes, but sometimes I read about people who are not doing well and that does prey on my mind.
These days I often forget to eat, and rather too many everyday things slip my mind, but I happily sit by my computer and knit or crochet, drink coffee and respond to messages on many subjects - I am on forums to do with making and wearing kilts, on using and maintaining knitting machines, on folk music and various forms of dancing, calendar customs and so on - I don't have time to dwell on my own personal condition, and even if I did there isn't much to consider.

Reactions: ickihun and Struma

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
A lot depends on what type of Diabetes one has, the medication one has to take or the dietary approach (and this sometimes depends on where one is on the 'journey').

These days I think Diabetes has a small place at the back of my mind and that will, I'm sure, never be expunged but I am no longer waking up with worry and going to bed with worry.

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No I keep good control, so I don't think about it, it just comes naturally after 51 years, so think about all the good things in life but just look after your diabetes and then after a while it becomes the natural thing to do

M

Member496333

No, not anymore. These days I just have a laser focus on optimal nutrition. In return, nature takes care of my health for me. The whole experience has been very fulfilling. So far, the diabetes shows no sign of returning, and I don’t intend on ever doing anything that might change that :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ickihun

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Six and a half years in, we very rarely mention it. Low carb is our way of life, just as low fat/"healthy" whole grains used to be. In many ways, T2D is just history, "Resolved" several years ago.
Sally

Caprock94

Gotta admit, I think about it a lot. I'm only 6 months in, and have lowered my A1C from 8.5% at diagnosis to current level of 5.2%. Doctor says I am doing great. I worry about possible damage I have done to my body, and the guilt associated with it. I hope this feeling fades soon.

Reemap

Hi .. just had a good HBA1c result this months from 7.0 to 4.2... next would be in Jan 2020 if I still manage to be in control than may be diabetes will go off my mind but as of now yes it is in my mind..

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Gosh no, my head would explode if I constantly thought of all the things that affect my levels.

Reactions: ziggy_w

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Gotta admit, I think about it a lot. I'm only 6 months in, and have lowered my A1C from 8.5% at diagnosis to current level of 5.2%. Doctor says I am doing great. I worry about possible damage I have done to my body, and the guilt associated with it. I hope this feeling fades soon.
Hi Caprock94,
I'm only 6 to 7 months in too. But I don't think about diabetes except when reading or posting on this website.

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m just asking a general question, do you all constantly think about diabetes all the time?
Not all the time, but alot of the time, which isn't a problem for me. I dream frequently about it too.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Constantly have to be aware of it. The joys of pumping insulin and an unpredictable schedule. Just part of life for me.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
No not all the time I do have to sleep after all. How about you do you think about it all of the time?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It's always there with a lot of planning at times, but it's still just a small part of who I am and it's generally just getting on with it day to day.

Reactions: therower
D

Deleted member 308541

Once I had consistent hba1c blood tests in the 30 mmol/mol region I do not think about it anymore, as I have other medical problems to contend with that are more important.

sportyboston

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am only three months in (Type 1) and I think about it a lot. I think about the number of carbs I am eating and dosing.