Diet Controlled Diabetes

Dislikes
Violence of 'ANY' description
Having recently been diagnosed 'Diet Controlable Diabetic' which is managable through diet instead of medication. I now realise that I am now faced with loads of information relating to 'Diet' I need to go through each time my body gives me the 'warning signs' relating to this.

At this point I do not have to worry about checking my 'Blood Sugar Levels' as my body gives a who load of warning signs telling me that I need to 'adjust my diet'.

By compensating for any changes in my condition restores 'health'.

As result of all this I now empathise with anyone who has dietry problems relating to this whole issue as it a vaste subject to go through as is no longer a case of whether a person is either a 'Type 1 or 2 Diabetic' but 'Which foods can I eat?

Now I need a database to sort through this information. Even better I'll use an 'Internet search engine' such as 'Google'. That'll do I ask and I'm off searching through all the information to change my diet..

My question now is does anyone else do this?

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Yes, every day. Counting carbs and checking hidden ingredients. It gets easier. 2 apps help me, myfitnesspal and carbs&cals. Both give nutritional info on most foods. Good luck ;-)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. There is a lot of dietary advice just on this forum alone. Many of us would say just be aware that carbs are the enemy of diabetics so keep them under control having sensible portion sizes and low-GI where possible. Fats and proteins are not a problem and fats will help make up for lost calories from reduced carb intake but as most of us over eat anyway no need to worry. Do consider getting hold of a meter and strips as it will help you find out which foods affect you most and by how much.