Diet tips for diabetic type 1

claire91

Any advice for Dieting and exercise for a type 1?
I go to legs bums and tums fitness class, and it always decreases my blood sugar.
I go to circuit training which is more intense and my blood sugar goes up.. and it doesnt go lower at all later in the day.. (which the doctor said should happen when i go to diabetes clinic)
I decrease my insulin before I go because its so intense has anyone experienced that?

What type of dieting tips has anyone got? As in meals that fill you up so you dont have to snack throughout the day ( As I do).
Im not big i weigh 9st 8 but wanna loose a bit more ready for my summer holiday!

Reactions: 2 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Your blood sugar should rise and then fall after circuit training. If it's not falling, maybe you are reducing your insulin (basal?) too much?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Steady cardio generally lowers levels, intensive or competitive sport usually raises levels. Testing is key before and after and adjust insulin levels as required prior.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ref diet, protein is supposed to be the most filling food and fat such as cheese may help. Obviously keep the carbs down if you want to lose just a bit more weight and minimise blood sugar

Reactions: 2 people