Important! Do you have adequate meds or supplies to last through the holidays?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For anyone reliant of prescription or other supplies to live a good and health life, please check you have enough to see you through the holidays.

Every year we see several threads where people forget to order supplies in all the hurley-burley leading up to the event.

Please don't be one of those this year.

Seasons Greetings to one and all. I hope the holidays and any celebrations you have planned turn out as you are hoping they will.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just collected my tablets as I am due away for a week over Christmas. I had to ask for them a little earlier than usual and the surgery staff were quick to process the repeat prescription.

D

Deleted member 308541

I always have been one script in front with each of my medications, I also have 2 x 100 boxes of strips spare at all times as well.

So I have no fear of running out, even if I did run out the pharmacy is only closed for one day so it's not a big deal for me.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Christmas isn't the only problem. I always need to plan ahead for Winter in case of snow. Sometimes the surgery is closed and so is the pharmacy if staff can't get there so it's doubly important that I have a few weeks drugs in hand during all the Winter months not just at Christmas time.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Picked up 4 Libre sensors last week - normally only ask for 2, but wanted to ensure I'd have enough to cover holiday period.
I'll be ordering 2 boxes of 90 needles this week which will be sufficient to cover me for 6 weeks.
Probably a bit over-kill, but I'd rather err on the side of safety.

Reactions: SaskiaKC and jjraak

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Thank you for the timely reminder.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just ordered the next batch of test strips which was my only concern. Since I swapped from disposable to refillable pens just after a repeat had been done I definitely have plenty. Also needles as the amount I can order was changed when we sorted the insulin.

Reactions: jjraak

Auto E

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just collected my tablets as I am due away for a week over Christmas. I had to ask for them a little earlier than usual and the surgery staff were quick to process the repeat prescription.
Are you taking metformin?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the reminder DCUKMod, it’s on my to do list this week :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I ordered sensors last week and I’m still waiting for them to deliver it. But I have enough test strips etc, thanks for the reminder

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm just about to request some of my (non diabetic) med early - I always seem to need top ups between Christmas and New year...
(I just add a note to my request to let them know why)

Reactions: JohnEGreen

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bump - There are 5 working days before Christmas Day.

Please consider that you may use more medication - insulin and such and/or more testing strips, due to the less common food and drinks you may be consuming.

If you think you may be short, or even "probably OK" - order now! Better safe than sorry.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did my order online yesterday, it will be ready to pick up from my pharmacy tomorrow.
Commenting to bump up the thread :)

Reactions: DCUKMod

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did my order online yesterday, it will be ready to pick up from my pharmacy tomorrow.
Commenting to bump up the thread :)
You're lucky - we have to wait for four working days at our Practice...:banghead:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You're lucky - we have to wait for four working days at our Practice...:banghead:

We can collect next day too. If we're in need, once the script has been released at the GP end, the pharmacy seem to be able to download it and dispense same day.

That last bit I only experienced when I'd had a telcon about a longstanding issue, and my GP suggested trying a medication. I just left it a few hours and asked the pharmacy when I could collect. Would you like to wait (5 minutes) now was the answer.

I'm very impressed by our local pharmacy.