Fasting Blood Sugar this morning + yesterday's food AND physical activity

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, booster done .. feeling good so far.
Yes that circuit is good, leaves you drenched! Good total body workout. Will do something easier tonight though!
Has the sore arm appeared yet?
FBG phone 6.9 contour 7.4
Yesterdays food
B/ black coffee, cream cheese pancakes with blueberries
L/ cheese & bacon toastie on homemade bread
D: Spanish chicken casserole with salad leaves & pomegranate seeds, d/f jelly, sunflower seeds, almonds & double cream
Exercise/ rest day so just a mile walk early morning for gomad
Intervals on treadmill planned for this morning

Reactions: AGC_68

AGC_68

FBG 5.7

Yesterday's food:
B: The usual Greek Yoghurt, Berries, nuts and protein powder combo.
L: Chicken, roasted aubergine and avocado salad. Slice of keto choc ganache tart (I made a big one .. still 2 slices left!)
D: Chinese chilli chicken and aubergines with cauliflower rice.

Physical activity:

Walking: ~ 11000 steps

Evening workout:
Warmup:
Shadow boxing and dynamic stretching 10 mins

Workout:
30 toes to bar on the chin up bar
30 chin ups
100 regular press ups
100 close grip press ups
100 squat jumps

Cool down
Stretching 10 mins

Shoulder, much more sore from the booster (Moderna) than the 2 COVID jabs I've had before (Astra Zeneca). No lifting or resistance training today I think. On the plus side though, no headaches or feeling run down as with the AZ jabs for me :)

Enjoy the go mad intervals today!

AGC_68

Has the sore arm appeared yet?
FBG phone 6.9 contour 7.4
Yesterdays food
B/ black coffee, cream cheese pancakes with blueberries
L/ cheese & bacon toastie on homemade bread
D: Spanish chicken casserole with salad leaves & pomegranate seeds, d/f jelly, sunflower seeds, almonds & double cream
Exercise/ rest day so just a mile walk early morning for gomad
Intervals on treadmill planned for this morning

Liking the sound of the Spanish chicken caserole!

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 5.7

Yesterday's food:
B: The usual Greek Yoghurt, Berries, nuts and protein powder combo.
L: Chicken, roasted aubergine and avocado salad. Slice of keto choc ganache tart (I made a big one .. still 2 slices left!)
D: Chinese chilli chicken and aubergines with cauliflower rice.

Physical activity:

Walking: ~ 11000 steps

Evening workout:
Warmup:
Shadow boxing and dynamic stretching 10 mins

Workout:
30 toes to bar on the chin up bar
30 chin ups
100 regular press ups
100 close grip press ups
100 squat jumps

Cool down
Stretching 10 mins

Shoulder, much more sore from the booster (Moderna) than the 2 COVID jabs I've had before (Astra Zeneca). No lifting or resistance training today I think. On the plus side though, no headaches or feeling run down as with the AZ jabs for me :)

Enjoy the go mad intervals today!
You could still run today then

AGC_68

You could still run today then
RUN?!! :nailbiting:
There's got to be another option .. quads and calves feeling it from the 100 squat jumps yesterday .. may go for a long walk today and have a bit of a rest day :)

But if that shoulder is still this sore tomorrow .. a run it might have to be! :inpain:

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
RUN?!! :nailbiting:
There's got to be another option .. quads and calves feeling it from the 100 squat jumps yesterday .. may go for a long walk today and have a bit of a rest day :)

But if that shoulder is still this sore tomorrow .. a run it might have to be! :inpain:
Why 100 squat jumps? Don’t run if you don’t want to, I find running really hard

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you’re feeling ok after the booster
FBG 6.9
Yesterdays food
Mug of tea before gym
At gym water, black coffee & coconut oil, vanilla protein powder with unsweetened almond milk
B/ alpro plain yogurt with coconut, dessicated coconut, pecans, sunflower seeds & almonds
L/ Spanish chicken casserole with salad leaves & pomegranate seeds, Brazil nuts & 2 cheese strings
D/ boiled egg & salad cream on homemade bread, Brazil nuts & d/g cheese
Exercise/ mile on gym bike for gomad
Intervals on treadmill 30secs on 30 secs off on the flat x2, same with gradient 2 same with gradient 4
That’s 1 round (6 minutes)
Every round turn the speed up 1
10 rounds (60 minutes completed)
Garmin said training effect 5 & 69 hours to recover, so didn’t do any more exercise
Steps 12,994 for the day

AGC_68

Hope you’re feeling ok after the booster
FBG 6.9
Yesterdays food
Mug of tea before gym
At gym water, black coffee & coconut oil, vanilla protein powder with unsweetened almond milk
B/ alpro plain yogurt with coconut, dessicated coconut, pecans, sunflower seeds & almonds
L/ Spanish chicken casserole with salad leaves & pomegranate seeds, Brazil nuts & 2 cheese strings
D/ boiled egg & salad cream on homemade bread, Brazil nuts & d/g cheese
Exercise/ mile on gym bike for gomad
Intervals on treadmill 30secs on 30 secs off on the flat x2, same with gradient 2 same with gradient 4
That’s 1 round (6 minutes)
Every round turn the speed up 1
10 rounds (60 minutes completed)
Garmin said training effect 5 & 69 hours to recover, so didn’t do any more exercise
Steps 12,994 for the day

Wow! That is a serious high intensity workout!!

No excuse for cheese strings though! :stop:;)

AGC_68

FBG 5.9

B: Usual berries, nuts Greek Y and protein powder.
L: Achari tuna and veg curry with cauliflower rice.
D: Thai chicken curry with cauliflowers rice, pudding: small slice of keto choc ganache tart

Actvity:

Walking: 3000 steps

Exercise: No workout

Shoulder got very sore from the booster jab yesterday, and I got a bit of a headache and a fever in the afternoon. So decided to be sensible and took it very easy no walking or strength training.

Today feels much better though. No headache, fever gone, shoulder slightly sore but not too bad. Should be OK to work out later today.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 5.9

B: Usual berries, nuts Greek Y and protein powder.
L: Achari tuna and veg curry with cauliflower rice.
D: Thai chicken curry with cauliflowers rice, pudding: small slice of keto choc ganache tart

Actvity:

Walking: 3000 steps

Exercise: No workout

Shoulder got very sore from the booster jab yesterday, and I got a bit of a headache and a fever in the afternoon. So decided to be sensible and took it very easy no walking or strength training.

Today feels much better though. No headache, fever gone, shoulder slightly sore but not too bad. Should be OK to work out later today.
Curry & rice twice in a day
That booster seems to get us all in the end,
Surely you’re not going to do any push-ups today

AGC_68

Portion control
I love cheese, and it is a good food for us T2s. I was kidding about the cheese strings. They are a bug bear of mine as there are always LOADS of cheese strings in my fridge for when my daughter stays with me (pack after pack LOL). But it is extra mature cheddar for me. Cheese strings leave a strange aftertaste for me, my daughter simply can't understand how I cannot love them like she does. Recently I've noticed she's eating my cheddar and leaving the cheese strings alone. I'm not sure if I'm happy about that , when she's with me next weekend I'll make her finish her cheese strings :joyful:. I see trouble ahead!

AGC_68

Curry & rice twice in a day
That booster seems to get us all in the end,
Surely you’re not going to do any push-ups today

LOL I had a feeling you'd pick me up on the 2 curries and rice yesterday. Leftovers .. had to be done or I'd have to chuck'em. Thankfully it is cauliflower rice not real rice. Have to say .. I love the stuff. Don't miss real rice at all. But no curry and rice today for sure.

Yes, that booster had some effects that the other 2 jab I had previously, never had. But happy to have been boosted in time for Christmas, and feeling good today.
As long as I keep my elbows tucked in tight to the body the shoulder is fine. I think the push-ups will be OK. I was planning on my heavy bag workout today, but the high impact won't be appreciated by the shoulder, so I'm being sensible and dropping the bag workout today.

Hope you're feeling good after that intense interval training yesterday. Very impressive workout, great for the cardio!

AGC_68

Why 100 squat jumps? Don’t run if you don’t want to, I find running really hard
I love squat jumps, great for muscular endurance and power.
I like sprints .. but just don't enjoy long distance unless it is a lovely sunny and warm day. It is a great exercise though, and I should do more. A good primal, movement pattern. Good for mobility and cardio.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pleased you’re feeling better, I would miss the push-ups for another day, I eat so much cheese, double Gloucester is the best, not many shops sell cauliflower rice round here so have to make a special trip to Iceland to buy it, I don’t get running either, intervals are great long runs so boring, some days I can run 10k easily enough other days I struggle with 400m, struggle with breathing but can easily swim 100 lengths, I find Bulgarian split squats with a dumbbell is really good for balance & power, but nothing beats deadlifts, it’s good that you’re still doing so much exercise, I really enjoy it, mad i know

Reactions: AGC_68

AGC_68

Pleased you’re feeling better, I would miss the push-ups for another day, I eat so much cheese, double Gloucester is the best, not many shops sell cauliflower rice round here so have to make a special trip to Iceland to buy it, I don’t get running either, intervals are great long runs so boring, some days I can run 10k easily enough other days I struggle with 400m, struggle with breathing but can easily swim 100 lengths, I find Bulgarian split squats with a dumbbell is really good for balance & power, but nothing beats deadlifts, it’s good that you’re still doing so much exercise, I really enjoy it, mad i know
Yes, like you I just really enjoy it and enjoy the benefits. I enjoy my life as much as possible, physically and mentally, exercise just helps with that. And I can't deny a little bit of vanity, I've always been athletic and enjoy the look of surprise when people I spar and roll with in the dojo realise I'm twice their age. There's no stopping father time but might as well put up a fight. Plus having an 11 year old daughter means I have to be there for her in all ways possible, she wants to go indoor climbing - I'm there, library - I'm there, skipping through the park - yep, hours spent in the bull ring spending her pocket money - sigh .. yes even that LOL! It's not for everyone it exercise keeps me sane, able to look after the people I love and be happy.

Bulgarian split squats rock! They really do, I don't do weighted full squats anymore .. protecting my hips and lower back. A lot of research now suggests more benefit from unilateral exercises for the legs, less negative consequences for the hips, knees and spine, more natural transfer to athletic movements (which tend to be unilateral or alternating and rhythmic from side to side). I have an academic background in biomechanics and human movement. I do incorporate single leg RDLs though in my warm ups. But loaded heavy deadlifts I regard from a risk reward basis as something that for me is time to leave behind now. KB swings, snatches, cleans and unilateral dead lifts are enough benefit with much lower risk now. A nod of respect to father time from me.

I love the broad range of your training! 100 lengths swimming! Brilliant. I swim like a brick. Just don't float, never have, dense bones and muscle, have to swim really fast just to stay afloat, knackering!! Love swimming short sprints with the kid when we go to the pool though.

When I realised I had T2D I went healthy keto (i.e. lots of non starchy veg + proteins and healthy fats) so I invested in a £20 food processor to make it easier. Get all my cauliflowers fresh and grate them in the processor. Have a stash in the fridge waiting to be chucked in the pan with some olive oil.

Look forward to hearing details of your workout tomorrow :)

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm a 48 year old Male or 48M in the new terminology.
I'm luckier than most that no matter what I eat I will be back at fasting or at least <5.4 (100) @ 3 hours.
I do still get 7s or the odd 8 @ 2 hours after eating half a pizza or a full Chinese but after seeing CGM data on non-diabetics I reckon that par for the course.

So last night I had a bacon & mushroom carbonara with real spaghetti, abut 120gs of carbs.
30 min walk with dog, 5.6 @ 2 hour. 4.4 @ 3 hour.

Fasting this morning 4.3 again, in fact it's always that low, think I'm a freak

But exercise is dog walking, after my major carb meal religiously, 30 mins, 3km, podcast . . . . happy

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT