Important! Forum Website going down for 24hrs, from midnight, tonight - App unaffected

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys, I have just been updated.

The forum will go into maintenance mode tonight at midnight for circa 24 hours. The forum will still be accessible via the App.

The App is a free download from the Apple store, or Google Play.

Hopefully we'll be back up and running in good shape, by Tuesday breakfast time.

D

Deleted member 308541

Being a sucker for punishment, I have just downloaded the app onto my Chromebook it seems to work ok maximised.

It's still not user friendly as far as I am concerned compared to the website in Chrome.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Let’s get this bumped up the recent posts list before bewitching hour ;)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
And we are back online !! Welcome back all :)

Reactions: marathonmona

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys, I have just been updated.

The forum will go into maintenance mode tonight at midnight for circa 24 hours. The forum will still be accessible via the App.

Hopefully we'll be back up and running in good shape, by Tuesday breakfast time.
Hmmm.... My app kept trying to update, but didn't get anything more recent than the 14th of August. I thought it was all down, but I guess I just need to reinstall then! Glad the browser-based forum's back up. :)

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I couldn’t get the app to work at all. Just a blank page under the red banner.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Why hide the forum?
No longer visible on the home page, it is the last thing on the row of headings, and the last item on the menu.
Anyone would think it was the mad auntie in the attic.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Why hide the forum?
No longer visible on the home page, it is the last thing on the row of headings, and the last item on the menu.

On your phone? It's first place in the top banner on a PC screen.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On PC - I have the home page in favourites, as I could take a look at that and then single click to the forum.
The change will probably mean that I put the forum in favourites and then go to the home page later, if I remember.

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
I have to scroll down and keep on scrolling on a Mac to get to the Forum. Nothing shows up on the menu at the top.
sally

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why hide the forum?
I’m getting a link (simply the word ‘forum’) right at the top of the home page, over on the left, just next to the diabetes.co.uk logo.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
My suggestion, I made on another thread too, is to have NEWS right as the first thing on the menu and then everyone would have lots of notice or outages etc.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just make a bookmark for the forum or new posts or whatever - it's hardly difficult.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have to scroll down and keep on scrolling on a Mac to get to the Forum. Nothing shows up on the menu at the top.
sally
It was included under the "news" section but now seems to have been restored to its rightful place.

D

Deleted member 308541

Why hide the forum?
It's mot hidden, it's position has been moved that's all.

The change will probably mean that I put the forum in favourites and then go to the home page later, if I remember.
That's what you should do if you want the forum, bookmark it... :meh:

Waste of time and effort installing the app on my Android phone and Chromebook as it was down on them as well.

Much improved website since the outage, the front page has been cleaned up a lot and much easier to read.

The forum I cannot see much change as I have have only just started to have a browse through, I did notice that the XenForo forum software has not been updated to the latest 2.0x however.

My forum book mark in Chrome browser works as normal no problems getting to the forum, the app loaded up near enough straight away.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why hide the forum?

The forum and overall website have a massive number (well over 8000, as I understand it) links back and forth. The main website has undergone change, as you can see, with other changed under the bonnet for the forum.