1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Got a compliment

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by LaoDan, Aug 25, 2020.

1. LaoDan

LaoDan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Lady that works at the subway station I use, pulled me aside and asked me if I had liposuction because I’ve lost so much weight, so fast.

I replied, thank you, but I just quit eating rice and started eating fat. Got a really funny look lol.
    Still another 10kg or so to go, but I’ll take it.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 5
  2. RosieMaxwell

RosieMaxwell Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

Brilliantly done! And it’s always lovely to get a compliment from a stranger

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. TeddyTottie

TeddyTottie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

LOL I was bullying compliments out of my co-workers prior to lock down. “Looook at meeeeee!”:)

Then covid happened. I honestly think no-one will recognise me now if we ever get back into the office! I have lost over 26kg and gone from a bursting size 22 to a loose size 16 so I am very pleased.

I actually weigh around 76 kg now - my first target is 75kg, my final target is 70kg. But whateverrrrr..... I weigh a tad under 12st now so I can return to horse-riding once the stables reopen, which was always one of my goals. I haven’t ridden properly for about 10 years as my old horse was retired in the field for quite long time and I finally lost him a couple of years ago. But I miss horses, so I am going to take it up again. Fingers crossed for the end of September!

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  4. RosieMaxwell

RosieMaxwell Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

Whoop it’s going to be so much fun when you get back into the office @TeddyTottie !

• Like Like x 1
  5. KK123

KK123 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

...especially if she turns up on a horse....:)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook