Have no more energy.

james122

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
HIGH blood sugars!
I always have high blood sugar at the moment weather it is when I get up in the night before lunch or after dinner, I am always high. I don't know what to do as I have just lost my energy with trying to control this disease and I don't feel I can continue doing this anymore.

I am also very scared about the future I think I should just let diabetes take me to heaven sonner.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Morning James - please call your team this morning, you are putting yourself under alot of pressure and you need some support direct with your team, please tell them exactly what you have been saying here so they understand the seriousness of your thinking, they will guide you on managing your levels, can you please let us know how you get on ?

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
High blood sugar will make you feel quite lethargic...I agree with @Juicyj...you really do need to get in contact with your team and see if they can help point you in the right direction. If you're not doing so already...it's also worth keeping a food diary and test results for a couple of weeks before your appointment so they can get a clearer picture of what's going on.
It takes time to get things under control...but please don't stress on it...it will get easier :)

Reactions: 2 people

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I always have high blood sugar at the moment weather it is when I get up in the night before lunch or after dinner, I am always high. I don't know what to do as I have just lost my energy with trying to control this disease and I don't feel I can continue doing this anymore.

I am also very scared about the future I think I should just let diabetes take me to heaven sonner.

Hi James - you may feel scared and alone about the future but you are in a forum of over 195,000 people who can offer support and share their experiences.

Feeling suicidal isn't pleasant. If you require someone to speak to, please call:

Samaritans on 116 123
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
Languages: English

Share your problems and concerns with the community and we will all try our best to help. You really aren't alone.

And as you've already experienced, there's a few members who have already shared their experiences and info with you.

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. It sounds like you need much more support in getting your insulin balance and dosage right. Insulin should be able to control your blood sugar properly but you may need more advice to do this. Your DN should be doing this. If you give us more information we may be able to provide some general guidance but not in the same way your DN could. Do believe that although insulin can be a nuisance, it can and does control blood sugar fairly well when optimised so you can look forward to a more positive outlook with the right help.

SuperSoph

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
James, so sorry to hear you are feeling like this, hope you managed to get in touch with someone who can help.

Lets be honest - T1DM is a NIGHTMARE and doesn't ever give you a break BUT we are lucky in that we have the possibility of controlling our symptoms and improving things. I know its hard and I have struggled and continue to struggle to control my diabetes. Also, sometimes we cant come up with a reason for highs or lows but the important thing is to keep going and things will get better.

Hope you start to feel a bit better soon, feel free to get in touch :)