philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Results are in, I've literally just left the doctors office with a hba1c result of 58 down from 103 April 2019. I actually cried, I'm so happy. I know I still have a way to go but I am shocked, I really wasn't expecting that.
Thankyou to everyone for support/help/advice etc. Hope everyone is well!

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Wow. Well done you. That's a massive change. All your hard work is paying off.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Results are in, I've literally just left the doctors office with a hba1c result of 58 down from 103 April 2019. I actually cried, I'm so happy. I know I still have a way to go but I am shocked, I really wasn't expecting that.
Thankyou to everyone for support/help/advice etc. Hope everyone is well!
I cried when I got the next HbA1c after my first damning diabetic one, and it was just barely in the prediabetic range. It is indeed a crying-with-joy occasion, if ever there was one. Well done!!!

philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wonderful! What were the main changes you made?

I try to go carb free when I can and particularly try to avoid pasta unless I fancy a treat because I find that I spike with pasta and it can take so long for my levels to reduce. At first because my meals were so carb based I set myself a goal of having at least two carb free lunches a week or at least low carb but did alot of reading and scouting out recipes and actually found there were so many I wanted to try that I really got into it and ran with it.
Knowledge is another thing. I've been pretty ignorant to my diabetes in previous years but I've found the more I've read the better understanding I've had which has made it easier in turn.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I did 91 to 47 at my first test and did not know if I should laugh or cry so I did both - it was an incredible moment and such a relief. Then I was at 41 st the next test - that made my heart beat faster too - these are great experiences, made all the sweeter for being entirely contrary to the expectations of HCPs.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Got my results back today, down to 35 (5.4% in old money) - absolutely thrilled with that but I suspect I’ll get a stern talking to at clinic for it being so low.

Shiba Park

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got my results back today, down to 35 (5.4% in old money) - absolutely thrilled with that but I suspect I’ll get a stern talking to at clinic for it being so low.
Unless my consultant is unusual, I very much doubt it! Providing they don't see too many hypo's on your meter (which going by your posts is unlikely) they've been fine with my similar numbers. The endo just sits there wondering what to fill the appointment with

Shiba.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Unless my consultant is unusual, I very much doubt it! Providing they don't see too many hypo's on your meter (which going by your posts is unlikely) they've been fine with my similar numbers. The endo just sits there wondering what to fill the appointment with

Shiba.
If it’s a test via my GP, I’ll invariably get a phone call from the practice nurse for anything below 50 - and because she doesn’t understand how the tech works these days, naturally assumes it’s due to hypos. My hospital team get a little twitchy if it’s below 40, as they’re a little more au fait with the smooth results you can get. If my consultant has been looking at the Libre results on Diasend, he’ll see almost permanent lows - because for me it reads around 2-3mmol lower than blood. Once I show him my blood calibrated numbers he’ll be fine. I have a great relationship with my team, so it’s all good - my consultant knows I don’t have much by way of hypos and happily signed off my group 2 bus/lorry driving licence.