Hi I’m back

Numan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, type 2, controlling by diet and exercise, lost my way during lockdown, got depressed, stopped exercising, put on weight, got more depressed, stopped denying myself food I liked so put on more weight etc etc. Upshot is I’ve just had my check up and I’m 27kg heavier than my pre lockdown weight and I need to get off this downward spiral. I shall be ordering more strips, and my first day on the diet is over. What I think I’ve missed over the last 18 months is support, I need testing and measuring etc it’s how my brain makes sense of things and how I motivate myself to improve. Anyway I’m back,hopefully on the straight and narrow, but where do you get support in an isolated world?

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Where do you get support? Right here.
Many of us realize how tough it is to lose weight and stick to a sensible diet. It's not easy.
Tell us if you have some success, we'll give you a pat on the back.
Anyhow, well done for having another go.
Best of luck.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, type 2, controlling by diet and exercise, lost my way during lockdown, got depressed, stopped exercising, put on weight, got more depressed, stopped denying myself food I liked so put on more weight etc etc. Upshot is I’ve just had my check up and I’m 27kg heavier than my pre lockdown weight and I need to get off this downward spiral. I shall be ordering more strips, and my first day on the diet is over. What I think I’ve missed over the last 18 months is support, I need testing and measuring etc it’s how my brain makes sense of things and how I motivate myself to improve. Anyway I’m back,hopefully on the straight and narrow, but where do you get support in an isolated world?

You're here so that's 3/4 of the battle won.. if you want support then keep posting and updating us.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
@Numan It may be an isolated world but you are never isolated when on this site! We all have an incredible urge to help one another on this diabetes journey. We all have good and bad times. I had two years of floundering in the dark, but the folk on here pulled me back and they will do that for you too if you reach out. Just keep talking, keep asking for help and know that you are by no means alone.

Reactions: Numan

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, this joint is still hoppin', so virtual support is here if you want it. ;) You're not the only one who got thrown for an emotional loop with the whole covid/lockdown thing, that's for sure... But you're here now, and you're taking charge of things again. That's half the battle won.

You know you can do this, you've done it before. You'll do it again!
Hugs,
Jo

Last edited:
Reactions: Numan

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs

LeftPeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm in a similar boat and I find posting on the 'what is your fasting blood test' threads invaluable. It motivates me to eat well so I can post improved results each day and hopefully get back under control.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ditto what they've all said above

I find a daily finger prick, a weekly weigh and regular reading and posting on here keeps it all in check for me. Maybe over time I can decrease this a bit but until the habits are ingrained and automatic I need these checkpoints