how high and how low have you been?

LaughingHyena

My sample on the day of diagnosis was 45, fortuantly I never got quite that high again.

Since then I the highest I think was just over 20 when I had a big last year. Hard to say how much I felt is as being ill I was feeling pretty lousy to start with.

Lowest was 1.6, I woke up feeling a bit grotty and tests, couldn't quite belive the meter as I didn't feel THAT bad. Ate a jelly baby and decided to go downstairs to try a different meter, 1.7. Went back up to bed with some more jelly babies and woke hubby up to make sure I didn't do anything stupid.

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Highest - unreadable "Hi" which is over 33. Lowest was in the 2's. I start to feel ill as soon as I hit the 3's.

When I was high I felt ok - didn't have any problems - apparently I was very hyper and wouldn't shut up lol.

cmichalis

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My highest level (when I was first diagnosed) was 72.2.....
My lowest, around 2.5.

I have been around 21 without feeling anything major, and around 3.2, and being able to function normally.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Low of 1.9 but do not have many hypos. High of 30 but can be quite often over 20. Been type 1 for 20 years and well controlled but get some unexplained and spectacular highs on a pump!

LEmes1980

My highest level, which was when I was first diagnosed was 28 and my lowest has been 1.9 and I've quite a few hypos too, it's a good job I know when I'm low, pity my body couldn't tell me when I was really high too lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

eclark61

Hi
A good question. My highest has been 'hi' so over 25 and these days, I do hit lows of 1.1. Sometimes I can function normally on this and have no awareness and other times, I just freeze and get weird visual hallucinations at 3.2. Its a mystery!

my higest reading was "hi" my bm meter goes to 45mmol over that it says "HI"
my lowest consious reading was 1.4 lower than that it say "low" ive had a few "low"readings but im usually unconsious! oops!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using DCUK Forum mobile app

CantThinkOfAUsername

Highest, errm I don't remember exactly but not that high. Maybe 22. Very rare.

Lowest 0.9 mmol/L with One Touch Ultra, conscious and performing a complex task of boiling some milk ready to make some yoghurt. I wasn't aware of the low BS until I did a test. Shocked and couldn't believe it so I did another test which confirmed it. I function very well on low BS's, better than I do on high BS.

My latest meter won't read that low, it only shows LO when it's below 1.1 so positively high BS's AFAIC. :lol:

Kash2001

High occasional 28 and low 1.6 a little confused at this level but all ok, sorted myself some food and all good again ;-)

Atb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My highest reading was 61 when I was first diagnosed as a Type 3 !! My lowest has been 2.8. The worrying thing is I have no symptoms between a reading of 10+ and a reading of 2.8. I keep it stable by regular testing every day.

LemonTree

Dislikes
High sugar levels :(
I was just thinking about this this morning! My highest I think has been between 24 and 28 and my lowest was 1.1 which was when I had just walked home from a night out at 1am so I was still standing but when I stood still I was shaking. That was in the early days and now if it dips below 4 I can tell. The highs are not so easy to distinguish unfortunately unless it very suddenly increases in which case I get sleepy very quickly. Because I'm still able to function when I have a hypo - even very low BG, is it still classed as 'severe' or is that more if you pass out etc? A great aunt had Type 1 and if her BG dropped below 4 she would pass out. She was constantly in and out of hospital and could never understand that the same didn't happen to me.

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
My highest was greater than 33.6, that's as high as my meter went, with no hyper signs and the lowest or one the lowest was 1.3, at my diabetic app, and I drove(no symptoms, at all) blood sugar was 5.4, before I left for the hospital, and it raised to 2.3 after chocolate biscuit given by nurse and a couple of sips of Lucozade. Walked into consultant and he just sat their looking at me in shock as I held a fully coherent conversation with him, he then decided to refer me to be put on my local pump waiting list.As I had no signs and should have been flat on my back.

karen1984

I've had nothing but highs since the beginning of December, the highest being 32.5 and the lowest was a one off 2.4 while I was in hospital with DKA. The doctors just keep upping my insulin every time I visit the hospital. (4 times since being diagnosed in October '12) Other than feeling very weak and shaky with the lows and being very thirsty and needing the toilet every 5 minutes with the highs, I've had no other symptoms for want of a better word.

oishii_ne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been diagnosed for about 15 years. My highest reading was 24.6 and my lowest was 4.0. Both were about 2 years ago, at a time when I didn't have much control, or interest in being stable. I had no symptoms at the high point, but was very shaky and disorientated during the low. I can always tell if I need to take glucose.

girlie959

my lowest was 2.4 while at work but my highest was 40something when i collapsed at home and got admitted to hospital for a few days that was a year ago now but my bs is still between 14 and 30

paulvg46

Highest was 46 when I was diagnosed at 13yrs old. Parents were told I had a 50/50 chance of making it through the first night in resus. The nursing staff remembered me 4years later when I did work experience in paediatric A&E. :)
Lowest was 1.8 - no interesting story with that one... Went on a sugar eating spree!

AndrewG

Dislikes
Hypo's
The highest I have been was 48 when admitted to hospital and diagnosed, and the lowest was 1.4 in the middle of the night, managed to wake up and my wife treated it as was paralysed.
Usually can tell when high, but struggle with the lows as usually have to get as low as 2.5 and then my eyesight goes with blind spots.

kezz01489

Dislikes
Judgemental people, everyone is entitled to their opinion but when people don't listen they will never learn. I know that cause that's how I used to be.
its mad isnt it but i think no. Yhat docs give are generalised and that its different for everyone. My lowest is 1.5 but i dont feel my hypoglycemia anymore amazingly tho. I was still pretty normal. And the highest was 32 without feeling it. Xxxx

Sent from my GT-S5670 using DCUK Forum mobile app

glenmoray

The highest I have ever been is 30mmol after a day at work without taking any insulin with me. The lowest I've been is 0.2 mmol. This was during the night after being brought round from a hypo in my sleep !