how high and how low have you been?

pugsnumber1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ive been as high as 33, just recently after a change of diet I have gone as low as 2.5 during the night.I'm averaging about 6 through the day.ive been type 1 for about 2 years now and really do recommend a healthy diet does help control it.easier said than done I know

Chuckymarie

I'm always high HI has been my highest and 1.6 my lowest where I fainted but came to eventually I can't seem to get control it depresses the life out of me somedays I don't know how you's do it.

MarkE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Woo
Highest was @33, a couple of years back when first diagnosed.

Lowest so far 1.7, and REALLY felt odd.

Since laser treatment, my right eye starts to whirl if I go much under 4- a useful earlyb warning, though damnably unpleasant...

Hellbunny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Highest on diagnosis was 26.1, have been at 18 a couple of times since then and felt pretty rubbish.
Lowest was 1.8, first time i injected novorapid, wasn't told to look out for hypos or anything, just checked on the off chance 1 hour after eating (was in my honeymoon period) after 4 units, felt yawny and abit shaky then was almost on the floor a few seconds later.

Pretty daft i wasn't told to look out for hypos or what to expect! Good job i wasn't in the car or on my own with my children :(

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
29 on diagnosis, 4.4 being my lowest reading since then. A1C was 12.6, now 6.4.

Ali

tony48738

When first diagnosed with Type 1 (in the back an ambulance after a heart attack) the paramedics were unable to get a reading as my sugar levels were so high, after 30 minutes on a drip they managed to get a reading of 33 the highest their meter would read. lowest ive been down to 2.3, my fault for not calculating insulin dose correctly. ;-)

FoxyRoxy

Dislikes
Ipswich Town, having diabetes and bipolar, intolerance, the Daily Mail, Twitter, bad music
Highest has been 'hi' which is over 27 (my meter doesn't measure over 27) and lowest has been 1.9. Had no warning before I hit 1.9 but was able to manage it before it got out of hand. Struggling to get normality since started injecting in October last year.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

johnhnett

My highest reading was off the chart, and the lowest was around 2.5. The effects of low blood sugar range from a dry mouth and thirst to feeling weak and the shakes.

Sent from my HTC One S using DCUK Forum mobile app

chrisjohnson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
not being able to eat what i want
highest recently was 17 2hours after a small piece of pizza lowest 3.9 feel shaky and ill if i get below 5 think this is because at moment seem to be around 9-10 mark all the time
chris

MrsBRW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been type 1 now for nearly 30 years & have been fine until I've been put onto 12 hour shifts. Now I'm testing highest was too high for the meter to recognise & low 1.7. I couldn't speak & work still won't change my shifts back to 8 hours. Next time it'll be paramedics helping me & maybe then they'll sit up & take notice.

sally wilkins

Hi my highest was a couple of weeks back, I let something get to me, next thing I tested as excessive thirst metre read Hi.. I find if I get anxious I go high. I worked as a trained nurse so am still dealing with feeling out of control at times... I also get blurred vision when high.. My lowest was 2.3 I was at home & luckily so was my hubby, I was very shakey & clumsy, so he made me sit & have a banana & orange juice...

NBG

My highest was 22 I always feel sick when it's too high. My lowest was 1.2 and I was barely conscious. Whenever I get stressed my levels plummet which apparently is the opposite of what should happen!

d3mon78

I've been a type 1 brittle diabetic for 23yrs now, diagnosed when i was 11 and i admit i completely abused my diabetes my highest blood sugar was 72.2 and the doc in the hospital turned round and said "wow you should be dead" the lowest i have been is 0.2, my symptoms for recognizing both highs and lows some time i can notice i am low at approx 3ish but at times i can be walking around and seeming completely normal with a sugar of 1.8, the same with highs at times my muscle in my whole body will suddenly tense making walking moving or basically doing anything almost impossible with a sugar level at 25ish yet at times i've had sugars of 38ish and felt completely normal the joys of being a brittle diabetic my sugars are basically uncontrollable but i have noticed that as i hit 30ish i have started to suffer with many of the serious side effects of high and low sugars problems with my eyes my joints constant pain so for anyone who doesn't look after themselves please do because i'm now 34 have a 2yr old little boy and so wish i could play with him without being in constant pain having to stop every 5 mins so listen to what your Dr tells and do all you can to keep your levels normal.

pippaandben

Highest meter reading 32.6 but 2 occasions when had "HI" reading which on my meter means 33+. This was in a period when all oral medication seemed to stop and whilst waiting to go on insulin after 2-3 weeks of being in 20s. Felt fine in myself just thirsty, Lowest 2.7 feeling decidedly shake with jelly legs and sweating..

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
The highest my son has been was at dx. His blood sugar was recorded at 86 mmol/L and the lowest was a 1.6 in the middle of the night. He seemed quite fine when I asked him if he wanted something to eat.

Ruth3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
I would get into trouble if I told you, but I am a red. I support dogs donkeys birds Palestine and Rspca.
I can vary between 28 with Keytones and 2 with visual disturbance this on the same day. My blood glucose levels fluctuate wildly for no apparent reason . I have seen neither hide nor hair of any diabetes professional for over a year and frankly am disgusted with them. Does anyone else live in Walsall if so how often do they see a professional? :crazy:

Jeaniebrock

Hi type 2 lowest 1.6 highest 14 after glucose test ie 2hrs after sweet drink,thats for highest!
Now on sitagliptin,could not tolerate Metformin,was given drug that lowered BS but had hypos,very frightening!!
I know when my BS are above 8/9 and low 4 1/2 very little lee way,i am having some success now sorting my own diet out,for a long time was eating too much as afraid of hypos!
I also have Fibromyalgia and now found have underactive thyroid so on thyroxin,BS were around 9 but got them down to 8 1/2 now :) aroung 7 1/2 so feel i'm getting there,but have had a rocky 3yrs.
Too little is often known by GPs and their nurses re Diabetes i didn't get to hospital Diabetes clinic until 6months ago, when i insisted,now getting on much better,have more confidence they know what they are talking about!! jeanie :)

sparky999

Hi .my highest 19.5 when first diagnosed ... felt permanently tired and thirsty.... lowest 4.6 recently after a long walk...anything under 6 i feel rough and sapped of energy .. i average 8 to 9 with wild swings.. how do you people maintain a steady 7???

crushersmum

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Depressingly, my son - who had a few rebellious teanage years, & has spent weeks on end over HI on the meter ( ie over 33 for 10 days running when he was 15!) & when admitted to hospital in one of his worse bouts, was off the scale of the hospital meter at more than 47... but back to normal within 24 hours. ( No idea why the hospital machine stops at 47)
Not all the very high readings were accompanied by ketones as often they were after he binged on biscuits just half an hour before a hospital appointment just to wind the staff up! ( or maybe to get another day off school as he would get admitted if his sugars were that high at an appointment?)

He has also in the past had many hypos below 2 - down to as low as 1.4 once and still walking, though not coherant other than saying that he was low.

Fortunately he has now grown up & stopped the total rebellion thing and looks after himself better :clap: so is only high when sick.

Parky

Been T1 30 years. Highest was Hi on meter means +30, get + 20 maybe once every couple of weeks no obvious signs in how I feel - maybe thirst occasionally. Low 1.9 the other day was just beginning to be aware of hypo symptoms before I tested but can have these at 3.2 also.