1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

How much weight have YOU lost?

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by Administrator, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Vidar

Vidar · Well-Known Member

Just to add I weigh myself same time of day on Sunday mornings before breakfast and after morning maintenance.

2. Andydragon

Andydragon Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hopefully next Sunday will be better, don’t get down though, it honestly can be a difference of one day seemingly huge weight gain for no reason, or in fact weight loss. It’s a journey and quite often a life long change

3. Vidar

Hopefully next week will be better, I'm not going to give up either way as if nothing else this should Hopefully put my type 2 back in to remission. My morning maths was also off, it was a 7lbs gain this morning but after a second morning trip to the loo, that dropped to just a 3lbs gain. Wasn't expecting the 2nd trip and feeling much better about things now as its most likely just water weight.

I know I shouldn't be focused on the scales but for my surgery, though needing to lose roughly half my current body weight it matters.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Vidar

So I've weighed myself a couple of days early as curiosity got the better of me. I'm pleased to say I'm 4lbs down on last weeks weigh in so it seems I've maintained this week, though that's at 5pm and not first thing in the morning.

31st 9lbs.

The missus says I look like I'm losing weight though, could my body composition be changing even though I can't exercise?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #704 Vidar, Mar 26, 2021 at 5:32 PM
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  5. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Definitely. I had to put new holes in my belt faster than the scales moved.
    And still am. Scales haven't moved since January, but needed another hole this week, and my watch needs another link removing

• Winner Winner x 4
  6. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

You will do it @Vidar No doubt about it. Stay focused and don't give up. It will happen.
    I had my moments wondering how much I'd lose but here I am. I've lost 50% of my excess weight. I'm still classed as overweight but I'm working on not having severe pain from my gallbladder but once it's sorted I feel I'll be able to fight more weight off, somehow. I'd like to be a 14-16uk but currently a 16-18uk.
    You will do this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DisFanJen

DisFanJen · Member

Liking some of these posts. Really inspirational.

So my numbers since starting to diet when I went on to insulin (in late Jan).

I've lost 3st 12lbs (and 1 1/2 dress sizes).

Had a slight wobble this week when the mid week weigh-in (an unofficial check mid week before the official check on Saturday) showed me up by 1kg, but I'm eating healthily and exercising around an hour a day so I'm not stressed.

Maybe I'm just creating more muscle... :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Andydragon

Andydragon Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I’ve increased (and decreased) by over a kg day by day. Those sorts of fluctuations are totally normal. It’s the over all trend that’s important

May monthly chart is attached, I’m around my target weight now so you can see it’s never stable.

Attached Files:

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook