I DONT BELIEVE IT

richard256

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being on call
NO IDEA WHY I JUST DON'T TAKE DIABETES SERIOUSLY, I'VE GOT A METER READS 9.7 AND UNDER,I REALLY DON'T THINK I'VE GOT
IT TO BE FAIR.RICHARD

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
well I think the 9.7 would suggest something is not working, as a non diabetic wouldn't go that high......

was your diagnosis type 2?

KkeithP

Non of us believe it at first Richard, but I now take a lot of care of myself.

I don't exercise enough but I bought a bike now.

Do you get tired in the afternoon after lunch?

Do you tend to want to drink more often than friends or relatives?

Do you have to get up at night a couple of times to pee?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

richard256

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being on call
Non of us believe it at first Richard, but I now take a lot of care of myself.

I don't exercise enough but I bought a bike now.

Do you get tired in the afternoon after lunch?

Do you tend to want to drink more often than friends or relatives?

Do you have to get up at night a couple of times to pee?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
YOU'VE SO RIGHT,HAVING TO GET OUT OF BED FOR A PEE IS A REAL PAIN,I USE SLEEPING TABLETS WITHOUT
THEM I'M AWAKE 2/3 NIGHTS ON THE TROT,IT'S AMAZING HOW YOU WAKE-UP IN TIME!! I DO ENJOY A DRAUGHT
GUINNESS other brands are available. I DID THINK ABOUT A BICYCLE,BUT MY LAST BIKE WAS A FOLDING ONE
UNFORTUNATELY IT FOLDED IN FRONT OF A VAUXHALL VIVA,YES IT WAS WAY BACK WHEN.RICHARD

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Richard,

A reading of 9.7 is definitely diabetic levels.

Sorry.

I think we all go through denial.

By the way, peeing several times in the night is a sign that your blood glucose is above 10 a lot of the time, which puts you at risk of developing complications if you don't bring it down.
Are you a type 1, 2 or 1.5?
And what is a typical day's food and drink?

I think controlling your diet is the most powerful thing you can do to stop your BG from rising.
Those of us who use insulin can bring it down using that, but for the rest of us, I think stopping it from rising too high, too fast is better than eating stuff that sends it high, then medicating to bring it down. Better to eat carefully and use less medication, if at all possible.

Reactions: 2 people

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello Richard256, well it looks as though you have got membership of the diabetic community, and unfortunatly life changes are necessary, sorry.
That cheeky draught Guinness and the other draught stuff, is a big no no, and other food changes are going to be needed, diabetes is a major life changing condition.
The night piddles, are tough but if you work at it you could possibly lessen them, and if needed get referalto a uroloigst for piddle lessening medication, I found dont have cup of tea going to bed, lower the general fluid intake, have a drink of soft fluid by bed, dont be thirsty.
Any cheeky special foods that are high carb, will also have a bearing on the piddle problem, the diet part is about to start, what you eat, how much you eat, when you eat, are now going to be a part of the daily grind, go aint it !!!, so keep intouch and help is online when ever you need it, ttfn