Diet only
Include a photo here if you wish to. Nope! :p
- What is your name? Laura Cristina
- How old are you? 31
- Are you male or female? Female
- Which country are you from? UK
- Which city/area do you live in? Sussex
- Are you religious? Nope!
- Pick three words to describe your personality. CRAZY CAT LADY?
- Do you have any pets? 3 cats and 20 tanks of exotic insects.
- Microsoft or Apple? Both
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Hockey/football.
- Do you get angry easily? Um depends....
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Ears are pierced
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Thats a secret ;)
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Pop
- What is your favourite flag? Cats
- Ever gone camping? Yes, and its always rains.
- Ever been in love? With cats
- Ever used fake tan? NO
- Which countries have you visited? Spain!
- Favourite city? Brighton
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Family Guy, Atypical, OITNB, Orphan Black and Black mirror
- List your five favourite films. Vacation, age of Adeline, About Time, The Purge
- Are you wealthy? NO?
- Do you work? If so, as what? Self emplyed dog walker
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Too many
- What do you like most about yourself? Quick learner.
- What do you like least about yourself? Fat tummy.

I love the "Cats" replies rather a lot, haha. And you're a dogwalker! (Walking cats would be a bot odd, I suppose...)

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No Stargate Atlantis?
Good morning all! Hope every one is well!!Both programs the original Stargate and the Atlantis expedition. Watched them religiously! In fact my son was only little when we first started to watch the first episodes of Atlandis! It got the scare of his life when we first saw the Wraith! He had nightmares!Poor Lad! It never crossed my mind that it will have a such an effect on him! Any way he is cool now, when I mention the incident to him, he just laughs! He is 20 years old now..

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
What is your name? Chris(tine)

- How old are you? Officially going to enter "my definitely late 60's" in February.

- Are you male or female? Female last I looked, but neutered almost 30 yrs ago...:D

- Which country are you from? US of A

- Which city/area do you live in? below the Mason-Dixon line... Virginia

- Are you religious? Interesting how this phrase is everywhere! I am a Christ-follower.

- Pick three words to describe your personality. Hmmmm somewhere along the line I turned into a controlling rhymes-with-witch. So that's two. More patient than I ever was, there's three. ;)

- Do you have any pets? We've been a cat family since before we married. On the last two (say I!!!!) of seven. They're getting along in years.... Mango and Tango we call them.

- Microsoft or Apple? Apple phone, Chrome computer. Couldn't run Windows again if I had to; it's been 5 years or more.

- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? "waiting for grandchildren", that's a sport, right?

- Do you get angry easily? Not any more

- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Do ears count?

- List your five favourite musicians/bands. In no particular order, Cleveland Orchestra, Bach (JS), early Beatles, Elvis (gospel and very early sessions), me, Brahms. You didn't say they had to be alive, now did you?

- What would you say your favourite music genre is? 1.Classical 1.5 Big Band 2. old time gospel (American), any gospel (American black churches) 3. good blues 4. (bonus) Irish and English country dance music

- What is your favourite flag? Green Mountain Boys (look it up;))

- Ever gone camping? Yep, loved it many times over. Virginia and Vermont. Virginia has way more snakes....and spiders...and poison ivy...

- Ever been in love? Yep and still married to him! Then there was that high school boyfriend puppy love thing...

- Ever used fake tan? Once. Never again! Spider veins are very flattering on the older woman, don't you know.

- Which countries have you visited? Canada (lived there 5 years), England, France, GermanyRussiaSwedenDenmarkFinlandNorway (that was a cruise), Jamaica, Tanzania, Kenya (Nairobi has the Best Weather/climate In The World!), Japan.

- Favourite city? No earthly idea. I am fonder of rural areas. But maybe Montreal for city. For living, not for touristing.

- List your five favourite TV programmes. Well, whatever Netflix or Amazon original I'm watching now, Dr Who until she's a woman and actually they lost me a little before that, Mission Impossible and The Man From U.N.C.L.E were teen favorites

- List your five favourite films. Do we have to? Mary Poppins (ETA: both of them! I was so leery of MPReturns, but loved it), 1968 Midsummer Night's Dream with Diana Rigg and Helen Mirren cat-fighting in the mud, 1993 Much Ado About Nothing Emma Thompson and Kenneth Branagh, the Star Trek movie where Spock learns to cuss, and I'm leaving my wild card empty possibly for Wizard Of Oz...

- Are you wealthy? In comparison to 90-something percent of the world, I am rolling in it.

- Do you work? If so, as what? I am retired from a symphony orchestra, and do not plan ever to stop playing!

- List the subjects you study/have studied. Music, learning disabilities, autism, homeschooling, ballet, health, the Bible, the odd veterinary care. With the internet, you never know when you're suddenly going to be studying something!

- What do you like most about yourself? That I'm alive? That I married my DH and thus get to go to my avatar place often:happy:

- What do you like least about yourself? My ever-thinning hair......

Nice to meet you all! I'm afraid I can't meet the humor level of so many of these posts.

Last edited:

Frannon18

Hey I'm a type 1 diabetic I think I was given diabetes via risperidone at the age of 6. I'm trying to get on top of my diabetes which is hard with my mental health and rough up bringing but I want to ask for help the diabetic team doesn't care about me, I've been throwing up pretty much every day since November last year, as soon as they find nerve damage that's it no help but I can't live with throwing up everyday. My diabetes is getting harder to control as I cant eat. And tips or advice would help many thanks
Francesca

H7DNA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
TV, Holidays and Family
- What is your name?
Andy
- How old are you?
- Are you male or female? Male
Male
- Which country are you from?
Uk
- Which city/area do you live in?
Cromer
- Are you religious?
No
- Pick three words to describe your personality.
Sarcastic, Funny, impatient
- Do you have any pets?
No
- Microsoft or Apple?
Micro
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
Football
- Do you get angry easily?
50 50
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
tattoos on legs, lower back and arms
- List your five favourite musicians/bands.
Prince, Queen, Hanson, Ukebox and Elton John
- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
Rock & Roll, Dance
- What is your favourite flag?
George
- Ever gone camping?
yes
- Ever been in love?
yes
- Ever used fake tan?
no
- Which countries have you visited?
Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, America
- Favourite city?
Italy
- List your five favourite TV programmes.
9 of out 10 cats do countdown, Mccintyres big show that's it
- List your five favourite films.
paint you wagon, bad boys 1 and 2 Kill Bill 1 and 2
- Are you wealthy?
No I am on my 3rd marriage of course I'm not!
- Do you work? If so, as what?
Holiday Park Manager (Static Caravans).
- List the subjects you study/have studied.
Maths, English Metalwork and Woodwork - very good with my hands
- What do you like most about yourself?
My Children
- What do you like least about yourself?
My teeth

Basxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys I’m new to this! I’m type 1 diabetic, 21 years old! Got diagnosed when I was 8... my diabetes management is so poor I must admit guys!

Reactions: Suzysbm and paulmh

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey I'm a type 1 diabetic I think I was given diabetes via risperidone at the age of 6. I'm trying to get on top of my diabetes which is hard with my mental health and rough up bringing but I want to ask for help the diabetic team doesn't care about me, I've been throwing up pretty much every day since November last year, as soon as they find nerve damage that's it no help but I can't live with throwing up everyday. My diabetes is getting harder to control as I cant eat. And tips or advice would help many thanks
Francesca

Hi @Frannon18 ,

Welcome to the forum. :)

Sometimes posts get lost amongst large threads like this one?
Please feel free to start your own topic in the T1 section, outlining as much info as you personally comfortable with giving on your issue.

You may be pleasantly surprised with the more personal responses..

Hope this helps?

Regards,

J>

mtc2300

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
- What is your name?
Martin

- How old are you?

-Are you male or female?
Male

Denmark

Copenhagen S (S isn't south but Sundby. Island of Amager with the airport)

- Are you religious?
I'm member of the Danish State Church

Patient, humor, sarcastic

- Do you have any pets?
Two cats

- Microsoft or Apple?
Fedora Linux and linux in general.

Sports?!?! What!

No

No

Ehm...
POP, 90's, disco.....

Well...

- Ever gone camping?
In my childhood in the deep forest of Sweden and Norway.

- Ever been in love?
Yes

- Ever used fake tan?
No

Germany, West Germany, East Germany, Sweden, Norway, France, Italy, Cyprus, Spain, Egypt, Thailand and the US

- Favourite city?
Chicago

QI, Taggart and then some locals

Moulin Rouge, Beautiful Thing, Harry Potter and some Danish.

- Are you wealthy?
LOL. I live in Denmark. Taxes are over 50% of your income.

Installs, maintains, patches etc. large scale Midrange Linux server installations, mostly Red Hat 4.x to 7.x versions. Veritas clusters on both Linux and Solaris. Also playing around with some HP UX servers.

IT

Sence of humor and everyone says my smile, so i like my smile too.

My food addiction hence DT2.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Nice to meet you. I'm in DC. What's a DH? ex. homeschooled my autistic 3d offspring, etc. Still alive despite massive poison oak caught in local swamp, into music
YIKES poison oak!!! That's about a million times worse than poison ivy, right?
Did I mention in my intro, I homeschooled my 2nd (and final) offspring, also autistic. The other one was just ADD until some substance abuse, so he's now square in the middle of Aspie-land. The autistic on is both ADD-and-autistic and Asperger.... what a combo! Gotta say, though, the ADD ones are way more fun to be around. My older son's grade school friends were exclusively the ADD ones in his class, and I think we had more fun than the regular kids. So, them being adopted, they didn't get any of it through me from my dad, but there is a sib's offspring who probably did. Actually another sib's offspring is somewhere on spectrum too possibly.

DH is Dear, Da*n, Darn, Husband. DD is daughter, DS is son, etc etc on through the family members. I learned it on a homeschooling-autistic-kids listserv called Aut2Bhome, 15 years ago, and it's still in use on the Alzheimer's forum I'm on.

Maybe you can tell from my screen name, I'm a flute player. And you're a singer? A contralto no less-- my FAVorite!

Nice to meet you! :) chris

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Include a photo here if you wish to. It’s right there <<<<
- What is your name? Paul. Obvs.
- How old are you? 54
- Are you male or female? M
- Which country are you from? Scotland originally
- Which city/area do you live in? Lancashire
- Are you religious? Eh, no. Philosophical. Stoicism maybe?
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Sceptical. Abrasive. Bewildered.
- Do you have any pets? 3 cats. “Many” stick insects.
- Microsoft or Apple? MS
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Football, badminton, gym, cycling. Is dancing a sport?
- Do you get angry easily? Not so much.
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? One ear
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Portishead. Radiohead. Motörhead. Bread. Grateful Dead (or Alive)
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Like everything bar country (but love Cash)
- What is your favourite flag? I like Glasgow’s.
- Ever gone camping? Many times.
- Ever been in love? Yup.
- Ever used fake tan? Nope
- Which countries have you visited? Europe and US and wee bit into Asia.
- Favourite city? Rome
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Currently - GoT, Luther, Inside number 9
- List your five favourite films. Too many. Love cinema.
- Are you wealthy? Nope
- Do you work? If so, as what? Social investment consultant
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Lumberjacking, philosophy, social business, public finance.
- What do you like most about yourself? Optimism
- What do you like least about yourself? Procrastination. As in what I’m doing right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

commplex

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.

- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you male or female?
- Are you religious?
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Favourite city?
- Are you wealthy?

Have fun!
Hello World. First time posting. Commplex by name and by Nature. (yes it has two m's). 60 year old Overweight Australian Male and diagnosed as Type 2 8 years ago. I've been terrible at looking after myself until my 60th Birthday loomed and I realised for another reason i may be living on borrowed time. So ... now I'm taking my health very seriously and the first thing to address is my blood sugar. I've just "toyed" with a low carb diet and found it was easy to get into Ketosis but very difficult to maintain a "Healthy" BGL. I consider healthy BGL at 5 or more but less that 8. I was regularly in the 4's and had my first Hypo one morning as I awoke at 3.9. Had to take a spoon of jam as I had no other sugars in the house. Now I have the proverbial Jelly Beans on hand always. So ... How do I do Ketosis and maintain a healthy BGL?

Reactions: porl69 and jjraak

samwise100

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.

- What is your name? Sam
- How old are you? 50

- What is your name? Sam
- How old are you? 50
- Are you male or female? Male
- Which country are you from? USA
- Which city/area do you live in? North Carolina
- Are you religious? Yes
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Amiable, Considerate, Objective
- Do you have any pets? Yes, three dogs
- Microsoft or Apple? Apple
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Basketball, American Football, Soccer
- Do you get angry easily? No
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? No
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. CCR, James Taylor, Elton John, Willie Nelson, The Dead South
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Pop Rock, Country
- What is your favourite flag? I'm American
- Ever gone camping? Yes, pretty fun
- Ever been in love? Yes
- Ever used fake tan? No
- Which countries have you visited? Canada, Mexico, UK
- Favourite city? Wilmington
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Doc Martin, The Patriot, The Good Place, Better Call Saul, Peaky Blinders
- List your five favourite films. Shawshank Redemption, Inception, Forrest Gump, Groundhog Day, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- Are you wealthy? No
- Do you work? If so, as what? Yes, Real Estate sales consulting
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Business Marketing & Management
- What do you like most about yourself? Nothing
- What do you like least about yourself? Nothing

Have fun! “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” Ask me who said this.

Reactions: jjraak

Kemilaw

- What is your name? Kemmy
- How old are you? 55
- Are you male or female? Female
- Which country are you from? Nigeria
- Which city/area do you live in? Lagos
- Are you religious? I am a Christian
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Quiet, Reserved and honest
- Do you have any pets? No
- Microsoft or Apple? Microsoft
- Do you get angry easily? No
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? No
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Christian music
- Ever gone camping? Yes
- Ever been in love? Yes
- Ever used fake tan? No
- Which countries have you visited? U.S.A, U.K, Australia, Singapore,
- Favourite city? Milton Keynes
- Are you wealthy?
- Do you work? If so, as what? A University lecturer
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Economics
- What do you like most about yourself? I am very disciplined
- What do you like least about yourself? I am fat

Have fun!

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just been diagnosed with type 2 diabeties and would need some help on how to manage it.

Not a much visited thread this. You’d be better starting a thread in the main body of this forum, you’ll get mor3 traffic that way!

Sarka

Hi everyone !

- What is your name? : Lilith Rodríguez.
- How old are you?: 26.
- Are you male or female?: female.
- Which country are you from?: Chile.
- Which city/area do you live in?: Santiago.
- Are you religious?: Not really, and I'm not baptized.
- Pick three words to describe your personality: eclectic , introverted, stubborn
- Do you have any pets?: two cats , Titania and Patroklos.
- Microsoft or Apple?: Microsoft, I guess.
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?: No, thank you haha
- Do you get angry easily?: I'm a dramaqueen, that's different. No, seriously... I transform all the anger into a constant sadness.
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?: Nope.
- List your five favourite musicians/bands: Vetusta Morla, Arcade Fire, Nightwish , Iron Maiden, Bomba Estéreo.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is?: Woaaah, I'm soooo random... I love metal , rock , indie , classical , mediaeval music , irish jigs and reels , pop, the sounds of Latinoamerica , and of course, chilean musicians/bands.
- What is your favourite flag?: That's a good question.
- Ever gone camping?: oh yes , I love it.
- Ever been in love?: Mmmmhh haha.
- Ever used fake tan?: Nope.
- Which countries have you visited?: Only Uruguay and Brasil. It's difficult for me to leave this place, no time, no money..
- Favourite city?: I have to know the world, first.
- List your five favourite TV programmes: (I watch everything on internet) Doctor Who, Vikings , Downton Abbey , GOT, Da Vinci's Demons.
- List your five favourite films: Frances Ha , Bedore Sunrise , The Fountain , Mona Lisa Smile , The Hours.
- Are you wealthy?: oh no.
- Do you work? If so, as what?: I'm searching for a job right now... I'm a student , so I need some whatever part-time job :c
- List the subjects you study/have studied: I studied Acting in Drama School , and after two years I decided to be a teacher in Visual Arts . So , my life is full of artistic subjects. I love it.
- What do you like most about yourself?: I'm trying to clear my heart and discover...
- What do you like least about yourself?: Uff , let's not think about it.
Hello! I am reaching out to ask about living with diabetes in Chile. Could you tell me more about it, I am thinking about moving there.

SueAM

Hi, my name is Sue & I am a new memeber here.

I was diagnosed with diabetes T2 in 2001. I am 36 years old & both sides of parents family have a genetic desposition for early onset of T2. My older brother was recently diagnosed.

I am having a hard time since 3 months, in bringing my fasting/post meal glucose levels down to normal. I woke up with a 219 mg/dL as of now.

I am currently taking insulin: long and short acting, along with 500mg metformin (endo reduced it from 2000 a day because of nausea & acid reflux)

I would really appreciate any insight. I am forcing myself to eat lower carbs & less portions of food.

I have quit whatever sweet I would eat often which wasn’t a lot but I know what it can do to sugar levels.

Kindly just help me out. I want to know how long would it take for my levels to go down. I am insulin resistant at the moment. Don’t know whether it’s because of being a female (certain cycle days tend to raise my sugar way high) or just in need of a proper meal plan :(

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, my name is Sue & I am a new memeber here.

I was diagnosed with diabetes T2 in 2001. I am 36 years old & both sides of parents family have a genetic desposition for early onset of T2. My older brother was recently diagnosed.

I am having a hard time since 3 months, in bringing my fasting/post meal glucose levels down to normal. I woke up with a 219 mg/dL as of now.

I am currently taking insulin: long and short acting, along with 500mg metformin (endo reduced it from 2000 a day because of nausea & acid reflux)

I would really appreciate any insight. I am forcing myself to eat lower carbs & less portions of food.

I have quit whatever sweet I would eat often which wasn’t a lot but I know what it can do to sugar levels.

Kindly just help me out. I want to know how long would it take for my levels to go down. I am insulin resistant at the moment. Don’t know whether it’s because of being a female (certain cycle days tend to raise my sugar way high) or just in need of a proper meal plan :(
I notice you have posted your questions as comments in a couple of threads on the forum. May I suggest that you post your very own thread, as you’ll get a better response than having your questions swallowed up in pre-existing threads. The Type 2 subforum here: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/type-2-diabetes.25/ would be the best place I think. Click the green button at the top right of the page which says ‘post new thread’ and take it from there. Hope that helps :)