Adams23

Hi, I'm tryng out this new keto diet, what do you think, here is one of the recipes, for snack time lol.
I'm following this "Done For You" keto meal plans are completely customized based on your food preferences and weight loss goals.

Keto Tiramisu Fat Bombs
Tiramisu Fat Bombs
It is a perfect treat that you can munch on whenever you feel like you need an increased energy level in your body.

A keto-friendly dessert, which is high in fat but low in carbohydrates and protein.
----------------------------‐------------------
Servings: 8 fat bombs

Ingredients:
4oz Cream Cheese, softened
2oz Butter, softened
1 tsp Instant Coffee Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Erythritol
1 Tbsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 cup crushed Sugar-free Grahams

Procedure:
1) Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
2) Pulse into a smooth dough.
3) Divide the dough and roll into balls.
4) Chill for one hour.

➡️ Nutritional Information:
Energy - 80 kcal
Protein - 1.5g (7%)
Fat - 8g (90%)
Carbohydrates - 1g (3%)

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The ‘sugar-free grahams’ are a puzzle. Do you have to make your own? Standard Graham Crackers are made with wheat flour and are awash with rubbish and very carb-heavy for keto. There are recipes to make them with almond flour, do you need to do that first, perhaps?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anything you fancy google it, just put keto in the search first. Don't pay for anything. Thousands of recipes on the net.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The trouble with most snack and dessert recipes is
A) portion size. This recipe makes 8 but it would be very difficult to only eat one. Freezing remaining portions can help but I find they call out to me from the freezer and I would eat them over, say 3-4 days, which could be considered too much
B) they contain artifical sweeteners. There's a lot of debate over sweeteners, some are considered healthier than others but even so they don't help lose the sweet tooth and can trigger cravings.
It ends up as personal choice. Just make sure its an informed choice

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
personally I'd adapt this one. Leave out the sugar free graham's (whatever they are) reduce the sweetners to a teaspoon and serve it as 8 tiny portions of tiramisu mousse, if you can manage not to eat all 8 yourself!