Latest HbA1C

Keith Saunders

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not being able to eat the food I used to.
Just wanted to share my little bit of good news with people (actually I want to shout about it loud but a forum or two will do).

Got my latest HbA1C results this morning. I was diagnosed in Nov/Dec 2023 at 55/56 mmol. I've crashed the carbs in my diet, I've been exercising, I've lost 37lbs; 5" around my waist, and my BMI has dropped significantly in to the normal range. My HbA1C is now 39 mmol.

To say I am delighted is an understatement. Now just to keep that level for the next 30 years!

Melgar

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just wanted to share my little bit of good news with people (actually I want to shout about it loud but a forum or two will do).

Got my latest HbA1C results this morning. I was diagnosed in Nov/Dec 2023 at 55/56 mmol. I've crashed the carbs in my diet, I've been exercising, I've lost 37lbs; 5" around my waist, and my BMI has dropped significantly in to the normal range. My HbA1C is now 39 mmol.

To say I am delighted is an understatement. Now just to keep that level for the next 30 years!
Great news!

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Well done. You should be really pleased! Onwards!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations do shout it from the rooftops! Such a good feeling when you get results from taking charge of your health in a way that works well for you. Well done.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!

Wowee! Isn't it just the most wonderful feeling when you conquer this stubborn D thing :) I am thrilled for you and hope it spurs you on to the best of health xx

Ro9998

Well done amazing celebrate proud of you

Reactions: Gargoyletaz

GerryBolger

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Keith
As someone who has progress from pre-diabetes to T2, I’d like to know what our (secret) sauce that worked for you. I’m not conscious of everything I eat. I’ve a waist that is 12cm above the max accepted threshold for normal and my HbA1c was 6.8% ~52mmol i believe.

So i was to reverse out of this as soon as I can. I’m giving myself a year. I’ve just started Metformin and it’s not a great drug for your body so as I’ve inflicted this on myself (sugar sugar and more sugar) I’m curious to know what’s worked for you.

Meanwhile celebrate, but not too much. A great success!

rekotek

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Keith
As someone who has progress from pre-diabetes to T2, I’d like to know what our (secret) sauce that worked for you. I’m not conscious of everything I eat. I’ve a waist that is 12cm above the max accepted threshold for normal and my HbA1c was 6.8% ~52mmol i believe.

So i was to reverse out of this as soon as I can. I’m giving myself a year. I’ve just started Metformin and it’s not a great drug for your body so as I’ve inflicted this on myself (sugar sugar and more sugar) I’m curious to know what’s worked for you.

Meanwhile celebrate, but not too much. A great success!
Gerry, I am also on metformin since I was diagnosed late 2022, I haven't experienced any issues after taking it. Also I managed to bring my hba1c to down 41mmol after 3 months after cutting out sugar, less carbs and more exercises.

We are all different so you need to find your own ways to reverse your T2 and have discipline to keep it up. Some important things are:

Avoid added sugar foods or drinks - I drink black coffee or green tea, sugar free soft drinks or milks. The only time I ate a dessert was at Xmas lunch at work last year.

Eat low carbs meals - I still eat fast foods or takeaway but limit the amount I eat each time. I do occasionally eat lot of carbs and I will do fingertip BG test after 2 hours to see how my body response.

Exercises more - I work in warehouse so walking 15k to 20k steps a day is easy and I found that resistance exercises is very important too.

Also, drink less alcohol if you do drink.