May & Leadsom...Who Will Be Our Next PM?

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I know I predicted a woman from the start but she will be constantly compaired to Margaret Thatcher. Which is a shame.

Neither of these candidates is remotely close to Thatcher as a national leader

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Based on the weekend's shenanigans Yvonne and I are now leaning more strongly to May.

Questionable judgement, a pretty critical quality springs to mind when we think of Leadsom.

However, my concern re May as a Remainer, commitment to SM still holds in view of the expectations of the Leavers who are in the majority.

Reactions: 2 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Based on the weekend's shenanigans Yvonne and I are now leaning more strongly to May.

Questionable judgement, a pretty critical quality springs to mind when we think of Leadsom.

However, my concern re May as a Remainer, commitment to SM still holds in view of the expectations of the Leavers who are in the majority.

I wouldn't want to tell you, or anyone else, how to cast their vote, but surely you should vote for the person best equipped to perform the job, irrespective of their stand on withdrawal from the EU. In my view, Leadsome has ruled herself out through her words. If she didn't realise how vile her remarks would seem to anybody who cannot have children then she lacks any kind of empathy. If she did realise it then she lacks any kind of judgement. Either way, she is not fit to be Prime Minister.

(Purely in my humble opinion: other viewpoints are available).

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I wouldn't want to tell you, or anyone else, how to cast their vote, but surely you should vote for the person best equipped to perform the job, irrespective of their stand on withdrawal from the EU. In my view, Leadsome has ruled herself out through her words. If she didn't realise how vile her remarks would seem to anybody who cannot have children then she lacks any kind of empathy. If she did realise it then she lacks any kind of judgement. Either way, she is not fit to be Prime Minister.

(Purely in my humble opinion: other viewpoints are available).

I totally agree!!

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Its all becoming a totally dirty smear campaign. No wonder people dislike and distrust politicians..

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Mrs Leadbom has made an apology about her remark about being a mother.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some nudging from advisers or even her family ?
advisors I would imagine..but I think her economy of veracity with her CV has sunk her for good.. don't like May especially but her (Leadsom's) lack of knowledge on the gay marriage issue showed me that Leadsom is either ignorant or doesn't understand what she is voting for which for a PM is a bit of a ******...

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Mrs Leadsom has made rather a lot of errors of judgement.

1. Her CV and the over-inflation of the content of it.
2. Her criticism of May and the implications of childlessness
3. Her insistence that Economists wholly missed both what not joining Euro might do and the 2008 crash and depression (on both of these economists were split about 50:50) to discredit that there was an overwhelming majority pointing at what might happen in the event of Brexit.

If she becomes Prime Minister, it would appear that we have someone who doesn't, typically, pay much attention to what they're about to say, before speaking. That'll make for some interesting negotiations as we go forward.

Either way, I suspect whether May or Leadsom gets the job, there will be enough "Naye" votes against the policies put forward by the Government in Parliament for a vote of no confidence to ensue fairly shortly, and a forced general election to take place.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

That is good, but unfortunately she texted the apology...judgement call wrong again....oh dear!

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My best guess after this weekend, it that May will take an easy walk into 10 Downing Street...we shall see:)

Still her assertion that "BREXIT must mean BREXIT" is far from clear. I personally see no way she will relent on being part of the EEA with access to the SM and attendant free movement of people, and our onerous financial penalty...interesting times.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Mrs Leadsom has made rather a lot of errors of judgement.

1. Her CV and the over-inflation of the content of it.
2. Her criticism of May and the implications of childlessness
3. Her insistence that Economists wholly missed both what not joining Euro might do and the 2008 crash and depression (on both of these economists were split about 50:50) to discredit that there was an overwhelming majority pointing at what might happen in the event of Brexit.

If she becomes Prime Minister, it would appear that we have someone who doesn't, typically, pay much attention to what they're about to say, before speaking. That'll make for some interesting negotiations as we go forward.

Either way, I suspect whether May or Leadsom gets the job, there will be enough "Naye" votes against the policies put forward by the Government in Parliament for a vote of no confidence to ensue fairly shortly, and a forced general election to take place.

But it would appear that the majority of Mp's and Pm's are :wideyed:(highlighted above ) therefore we are the Daniel's being thrown into the lions den :nailbiting: :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well as Leadsom is about to announce she is quitting doesn't look like there's going to be a vote after all..

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
So, unless the 1922 committee changes their minds, it's May. But anyone stating that "Brexit is the will of the people" is overegging it slightly...

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
How real democracy works!

The people of this country cannot decide who is to be the big chief or prime minister!
We are one of the few countries that don't get to vote on deciding their leader and representative to the rest of the world.

Similar to everything political in this country.
Which is supposed to be one of the most democratic in the world!
First past the post etc!

We haven't even got a citizen's charter! Or a bill of rights!

Democracy, don't make me laugh!

Our politics are so bent in favour of the favoured, it's disgusting!

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
How real democracy works!

The people of this country cannot decide who is to be the big chief or prime minister!
We are one of the few countries that don't get to vote on deciding their leader and representative to the rest of the world.

Similar to everything political in this country.
Which is supposed to be one of the most democratic in the world!
First past the post etc!

We haven't even got a citizen's charter! Or a bill of rights!

Democracy, don't make me laugh!

Our politics are so bent in favour of the favoured, it's disgusting!

We just have to hope... Sometimes that's all we have left.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum