Mod Elections 2019 - Nominations Closed. Thank you everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys.

It’s that time of year again, when we are due to hold a round of Mod Elections.

In line with the forum protocols, Moderators routinely serve a period of two years, after which time they are eligible for a re-election for a further two year term, before taking a break.

This year, that means that Brunneria, Jaylee and Pipp are eligible for re-election. Unfortunately, neither Pipp nor Jaylee intend to stand again, this time around, however both will remain in their Mod roles until the new Mods are appointed, so no change for the time being.

Before moving on, I am sure you will all join me in my heartfelt thanks to both Pipp and Jaylee for all their time and efforts over their time in office.

Brunneria will stand for re-election.

Current Mods not requiring re-election are: juicyj , urbanracer, Diakat , and Rachox. My own role sits outside these parameters, so I continue in situ.

As I am sure you will appreciate, it is important that our Mod Team retains a decent mix of T1 and T2, so please do be mindful when considering your nominations. Being a Moderator can be very frustrating, but it is also very worthwhile and rewarding.

If you would like to be part of the core of the forum and influence it’s direction, the please do consider standing for election. This thread will act as a collection point for new Mod nominations. You can also self-nominate, if that is something you would like to do.

Edited to add; nominations may also be made by PM to me, or by emailing [email protected] for anyone a bit shy of going public.

Nominations : Open now, and will close at midnight (UK), Sunday 5th May 2019 Voting open a couple of days thereafter. Details of how and where to vote will be posted once voting opens.

I am hopeful the full process will be completed before the end of May.

DO NOT use this thread to vote. A new thread will be published for that once nominations have closed, however, this post will be regularly updated to add the nomination, for easy visibility.

Any questions, just ask. Good luck everyone!

DCUKMod, on behalf of the Admin Team.

Nominees to date:

Nominated but declined
@Chook
@Guzzler
@Tipetoo
@Mel dCP
@Prem51
@Robbity
@therower
@Scott-C
@kitedoc
@Daphne917
@bulkbiker
@wiflib
@ringi
@Tophat1900
@Dark Horse
@jjraak
@KK123
@EllieM
@Cumberland
@Fairygodmother

Nominated but not declared
@rhubarb73

Nominated, accepted nomination (or self nominated)
@Brunneria
@Goonergal
@HSSS
@Knikki
@Antje77
@lucylocket61
@Kittycat_7_
@Caeseji

Guys, please note: Only nominees who have accepted their nominations will move forward to the voting stage. No acceptance = no votes = no potential to be elected.

Nominations have now closed. A thread for voting will open in the next couple of days, after the Bank Holiday.

Thank you everyone for your nominations and to those accepting their nominations. Good luck when the time comes.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok, I’ll get the ball rolling. Would like to nominate @Chook think she’d be great. Haven’t asked, so hope you don’t mind me putting you forward.

Reactions: kitedoc and Rachox

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A don’t be shy bump.;)

Reactions: kitedoc

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bumping up again for Monday morning.
I'd like to thank @Pipp and @Jaylee for their service as Moderators and I hope they will continue to play an active part in the forum.
Also thanks to @Brunneria, @Juicyj , @urbanracer , @Diakat and @Rachox for continuing in their role as Mods.

Prem, thanks for thanking the guys for their great work. If I could just make one very important point.

Brunneria is elegible for re-election, so when voting opens, she too needs to gather votes. Just making that bit quite clear.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just added the following edit to the OP, as another means of nomination:

Edited to add; nominations may also be made by PM to me, or by emailing [email protected] for anyone a bit shy of going public.

Go for it guys and gals!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Prem, thanks for thanking the guys for their great work. If I could just make one very important point.

Brunneria is elegible for re-election, so when voting opens, she too needs to gather votes. Just making that bit quite clear.
If anyone needs to suggest @Brunneria to make her eligible for re-election I'm very happy to endorse wholeheartedly.
Also thanks again to all those doing such a great job of modding....you're all superstars!

Reactions: kitedoc and Prem51

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think all the current mods are doing a great job, so very happy to re-endorse all the incumbents :)

Reactions: kitedoc and Prem51

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Ok, I’ll get the ball rolling. Would like to nominate @Chook think she’d be great. Haven’t asked, so hope you don’t mind me putting you forward.

Thank you for nominating me @Goonergal but I'd prefer not to. x

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Chook I’ve noted you as declining but if you change your mind you can PM any mod.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd like to make the suggestion that people who feel that the moderator's role is one that they can undertake go ahead and nominate themselves :)

It always seems awkward to me when people are nominated and then have to decline for whatever reason. Self-nomination seems like a good solution.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks so much for the nomination, @satindoll but my health doesn't allow the time and attention I believe the role deserves.

Speaking of nominations, I believe your experience as an insulin dependent Type 2 would also be a great addition to the moderation team, so I nominate @satindoll :)

I'll also second the rest of your nominations!

Reactions: jjraak
D

Deleted Account

Apologies if this is not the correct thread to ask but ... out of curiosity ...
@DCUKMod why is your role "outside these parameters"?
Is there a definition of your role?

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@Indy51 ............I feel honoured to be nominated................ but like you I must decline,

I don't get on here enough these days so feel I would be short changing the Forum when there are so many others who could do a better job than I.

Reactions: kitedoc and Indy51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Many thanks @satindoll for the nomination but I really don't have the temperament to be a mod.. I still get modded myself!
Far too fond of being a curmudgeonly old b***ger.

Reactions: Antje77 and Indy51
Status
Not open for further replies.