Mod Elections 2019 - Nominations Closed. Thank you everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Apologies if this is not the correct thread to ask but ... out of curiosity ...
@DCUKMod why is your role "outside these parameters"?
Is there a definition of your role?

Its probably because @DCUKMod is not a moderator, she is the forum administrator (and quite possibly the whole site) so will look after the forums which may include stuff like forum upgrades, admins generally have a lot more access rights than mods do for all areas of the forums.
In general the admin role for any forums (that are provided by a company) is not an electable position as it's actually a job in the company that runs said forums.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My thanks go to each and every one of the current mod team, and to @DCUKMod . What a hard thankless task it must be at times. (Can't do right for doing wrong scenario). Very sorry to see @Pipp and @Jaylee retiring.

I would like to nominate @Guzzler

It is also useful to have some mods from different time zones to keep an eye on matter when the UK is asleep.

Reactions: Guzzler and zand

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Many thanks @satindoll for the nomination but I really don't have the temperament to be a mod.. I still get modded myself!
Far too fond of being a curmudgeonly old b***ger.
Shame as I think you'd be great...........a breath of fresh air.........and there's nothing wrong in being a curmudgeonly old b***ger..........:bag:

Reactions: kitedoc and Chook

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Thank you @Bluetit1802 and @satindoll. Your nominations are appreciated but I simply do not have the technical skills (or the tech - my old Tablet is on its last legs, bit like meself!) to do the job justice. Neither do I have the diplomacy needed for such a task.

Good Luck to all nominees and a big thank you to all those mods who are retiring, your efforts are appreciated.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you to all current mods for a job well done! :) will think about nominating someone - all my usual suspects have already been mentioned lol - good luck to anyone going into the vote :)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
There's so many lovely people that it's difficult to choose but I'd like to nominate @Brunneria and @Goonergal and I think @Tipetoo would be great.

Reactions: kitedoc

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy to endorse Brunneria and goonergal also Tipetoo.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would like to nominate @EllieM and @HSSS for their knowledge base and their fair minded approach.
Thank you @Guzzler I’m honoured you thought to nominate me. :happy: I may not have been on these forums as long as many of you but I’d love the opportunity to help keep them the fantastic resource that they are. So if fresh faced (who am I kidding?) enthusiasm and keenness to support all diabetics make well informed choices and maximise their physical and mental health counts for anything then I’m in. I’m feeling a little shy and nervous:nailbiting: being the first to publicly accept a nomination but I guess it has to be someone. Nothing ventured nothing gained and all that!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Any RH people spring to mind? Or MOODY (yes I know I am) or LADA? Or any other type I have missed?
Get your lovely nominations in...

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
I think @helensaramay would make a wonderful mod if they are interested in the role.

Thank you to all the mods who have got us to this point. We don't always agree but I know this must be a heck of a job and I appreciate your time and work.

Reactions: Antje77 and Prem51

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: kitedoc and Prem51

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I'm very honoured to have been nominated for this very responsible role by @satindoll. Thank you for the vote of confidence. I have to decline for several reasons. 1) I actually dont feel I have enough knowledge to do this role justice 2) I'm carer for my BIL who has taken a turn for the worse this year. I cant get on the forum as often as I would like to of late. I miss out on so much. But he has to come first 3) my own work, it's all or nothing, I can have periods where I'm almost as free as a bird, then other times I hardly get chance to breathe! 4) I've got fat fingers and as such leave so many typos in my posts!!! Anything could happen :)

@Brunneria has my vote, what an admirable job she does

I would also nominate the following

@Goonergal
@shelley262
@DJC3
@xfieldok
@ziggy_w
@Bluetit1802
@Guzzler
@rhubarb73
@HSSS
@bulkbiker
@helensaramay

I have many more nominations but not sure if there is a limit, maybe one of our amazing mods could let me know.

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank them for all their hard work. Without you this forum wouldn't be as special as it is. You all do a mighty fine job and I cant thank you enough for all the time and effort you put in. Special thanks to @Pipp and @Jaylee for all their help, advice and support. Happy mod retirement.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I'm very honoured to have been nominated for this very responsible role by @satindoll. Thank you for the vote of confidence. I have to decline for several reasons. 1) I actually dont feel I have enough knowledge to do this role justice 2) I'm carer for my BIL who has taken a turn for the worse this year. I cant get on the forum as often as I would like to of late. I miss out on so much. But he has to come first 3) my own work, it's all or nothing, I can have periods where I'm almost as free as a bird, then other times I hardly get chance to breathe! 4) I've got fat fingers and as such leave so many typos in my posts!!! Anything could happen :)

@Brunneria has my vote, what an admirable job she does

I would also nominate the following

@Goonergal
@shelley262
@DJC3
@xfieldok
@ziggy_w
@Bluetit1802
@Guzzler
@rhubarb73
@HSSS
@bulkbiker
@helensaramay

I have many more nominations but not sure if there is a limit, maybe one of our amazing mods could let me know.

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank them for all their hard work. Without you this forum wouldn't be as special as it is. You all do a mighty fine job and I cant thank you enough for all the time and effort you put in. Special thanks to @Pipp and @Jaylee for all their help, advice and support. Happy mod retirement.
I would respectfully decline, I have a lot on my plate right now. Maybe next year.

Reactions: Debandez

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry but posts have been deleted for breaching forum rules and derailing. Please keep this thread to the important task of nominating members for new moderator posts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.