My 1st Keto Anniversary - 4 stone lost!

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
3rd July 2019 is the 1st anniversary of me starting a Ketogenic diet, which has enabled me to successfully lose 4 stone. Also, I have reversed pre-diabetes and no longer have high Blood Pressure. People on this forum have been a great help and truly inspiring - Thank You! :)

I tried really hard for six months or so to lose weight with calorie restriction "Eat less, Move more", but was unable to lose a single pound for two physiological reasons. However, losing weight on Keto has not been difficult and after shedding 4 stone my weight has stabilised at a weight I am happy with.

Here are three pdf files I've written/compiled which people might find of interest or helpful:

My Low Carb Journey Back to Health: Keto was the Key (How I came across Keto on the Low Carb forum and the essential science behind why it is safe)

Practical Tips for following a Low Carb or Ketogenic Diet (I hope some helpful pointers)

Is Elevated LDL Cholesterol (eg: from a Ketogenic diet) a Health Concern? (In depth look at cholesterol, heart-health and LDL)

Attachments

• My Low Carb Journey.pdf
    75 KB · Views: 484
  • Practical Tips for following a Low Carb or Ketogenic Diet.pdf
    75.9 KB · Views: 348
  • Is Elevated LDL Cholesterol a health concern_.pdf
    54.6 KB · Views: 309
Reactions: marathonmona

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Many congratulations on your multiple successes.
Well done to you for putting in the work!

Reactions: pdmjoker

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! It’s great here isn’t it! :)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Great documents for those of differing knowledge levels, and well done on your lifestyle change.

Reactions: pdmjoker

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What an inspiration! Well done, thank you for posting - it's helpful in so many ways to someone like me who aspires to keto but struggles. Every success story is another nail in the coffin of doubt and despair!

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What an inspiration! Well done, thank you for posting - it's helpful in so many ways to someone like me who aspires to keto but struggles. Every success story is another nail in the coffin of doubt and despair!
I remember feeling overwhelmed for quite some time at the start. I'm really glad to have been helpful to you in some way...