S: chic chip cookie cake, cream
D: double cheeseburger, no bun. Sprite Zero. Pork scratching
Too tired and annoyed to test before bed

Reactions: 2 people

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I travelled for two days from uk to Srilanka two weeks back. Went off the diet a bit. I am eating fairly heathyly but not on Low carb or !4:10 if diet. I did not loose any weight during the few days that I did IF.
May be my metabolism went into starvation mode.
I will get back to low carbing again.

Reactions: 6 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This week I will be having breakfast, skipping lunch and going for a walk at lunchtime or work through, and then dinner.

My last two weeks are a bit inconclusive due to probe lens drawing blood and being really stressed out but I think my body prefers to have breakfast as I lost 2kgs. I'd rather miss breakfast as mornings are nothing short of a nightmare for me, getting kids to childcare by 7.30am (we are always late).

I've had an awful week back at work. It seems I'm the only one capable of taking on various new projects, yet I'm the lowest paid out of everyone. Hardly seems fair. I love what I do but I am fed up of getting no thanks for my efforts and no appreciation of my situation at home which is not conducive to slaving over a hot laptop in my 'spare' time when it should be spent with my young kids whose behaviour this week has been challenging to say the least! I've been very emotional so that's not helped with the bg but I have been strong around food so that's a positive!

Rant over x

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Morning @Debmcgee, sorry if this has been already mentioned, but are you drinking enough water? Nursie told me that we need to be well hydrated to draw blood.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys. I'm still alive and kicking but been so blinking busy I've not been able to come on here.

I've had to let things slip a little the last couple of weeks as work, sick kids and life seriously took over. I've done ok but weight loss has stalled so I need a good kick up the bum. My spinal is on Thursday and I cannot wait! I'm going to use the painless time to start yoga/Pilates again and get a stronger core so that when the steroids wear off, I'm a few steps ahead and can hopefully continue. I feel like there's always too much going on and I crave downtime big time but it's virtually impossible. Trying to be kind to myself and stay positive but it's really hard sometimes.

I've not been pricking either which is worst part but my fingers needed a break anyway.

Hope you're all doing well xxxx

Reactions: 3 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning @Debmcgee, sorry if this has been already mentioned, but are you drinking enough water? Nursie told me that we need to be well hydrated to draw blood.

Makes sense and ashamedly the answer to this is NO . I try but find it hard to get my 2 litres in. I will try harder xx

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Makes sense and ashamedly the answer to this is NO . I try but find it hard to get my 2 litres in. I will try harder xx
I am sure the 2 litre number must have been picked out of a hat by someone as we all have different needs depending on our build, activity level, even the weather probably. Just do the best you can. Good to see you back :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The best general rule for liquid intake I ever came across (stunning use of common sense, I thought!) was:

1 litre for every 70lbs (5 stone) of body weight. More in hot weather.
Oh, and check the colour of your pee.
Too dark, and you are dehydrated.
simples. ;)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Debs, I don't, personally, have an issue keeping my fluids up, as when I'm away I've always had to ensure that anyway. I have a way of ensuring I get some additional fluids in, so, I drink 1 x 750ml of fluid, with my morning tea, and ensure I have the same with/after my lunch, but ensure I still have my teas, coffees or whatever.

Could you consider setting yourself a target that you will drink xml with every meal? I appreciate that not everyone can take in 750ml as quickly as I do, but you were drinking diet fizzy. If you were managing to get through cans of that, then, could you try replacing your mealtime drinks with more hydrating fluids, but if you would normally drink 330ml, up it to 500ml or 650ml?

It doesn't have to be complicated, but for me, if I need to establish a new pattern, I find it helpful if I can plan ways to ensure the early compliance of the pattern.

As Tesco say,................ Every little helps.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The best general rule for liquid intake I ever came across (stunning use of common sense, I thought!) was:

simples. ;)

I tend to drink more than 2l a day, as you say, body weight, and weather play a significant role in it.
I also find drinking a pint or two, (of water, unfortunately) puts me off snacking.

Reactions: 3 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

simples. ;)

There's now way I can drink 10 litres a day

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't have any problem with snacking as low carb is filling. I'll try to do for 500ml with meals and 750ml through the day. That'll be a good start. I could definitely manage a bottle of wine with every meal!!

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
@amgrundy. I am JEALOUS!!!!

What do you eat on a normal day?

@brun - don't have the packet anymore as this was out of the freezer from the time before....it tasted far too sweet the first time so I added more prawns and drained it. Also added some soy sauce BEFORE reading label - - didn't realise it was so high!! It used to be a free food on slimming world!! It was the lowest carb sauce I could find in asda - reckon it was around 25% carb so v high but divided up among three meals, not so crazy!

I wish my numbers were better....
Hi Debmcgee, If you go on the forum "What Have You Eaten Today" You will see what I eat and others too. Good luck :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Debmcgee, If you go on the forum "What Have You Eaten Today" You will see what I eat and others too. Good luck :)

As I understand matters, Deb doesn't have issues finding things to eat. She has utilised this way of eating in the past but has recently been dabbling in the place we know as "off the wagon".

I'm sure Deb will be back in tune soon, but sometimes it's hard to grasp the mettle again, and many, many people find drinking enough fluids to be a real challenge, irrespective of lifestyle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well my spinal is finally coming - only four days to go. I can't wait to be painfree - even if it's only for a few weeks (I'm hoping it's more). Apparently being on gabapentin is bad for weight loss too as its contraindicative so the sooner I get off that, the better.

Now the evenings are getting lighter I'm going to drag my two rugrats out at least three times a week for a nice ramble before bed. I miss being close to the sea - grew up on the seafront in Sussex and it was ace!

Also I'm going to strengthen my core whilst the steroids are in full swing so that when they wear off, I'll be stronger and can hopefully continue.

Booked our hotels today for our summer road trips. It's nice to have something fun to look forward to....

Now I just need to slim into my bikini

Reactions: 6 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had the spinal - them to showed I've got two discs out not just one which was a bit of a shock! End result was that I had to have two lots of shots and they hurt like mad.

Was hoping to wake up like a new woman today, but alas no! Can't tell you how gutted I feel but maybe it'll kick in later...

And while I was in hospital, it was all kicking off at work. I got a verbal warning from the head on Tuesday over something completely ridiculous and totally blown out of proportion. The way it was handled was terrible and I have been treated terribly. Anyway, I dealt with it even though I wanted to curl up and die but that would just give them the satisfaction....anyway the school has announced huge changes and no one has bothered to inform me in an official manner or tell me that I have to re-apply for my job...nothing ceases to amaze me these days. But people who've devoted themselves beyond the call of duty have also been treated badly so loyalty counts for **** clearly!

Anyway my focus from this day on is on me and my two girls. I'm starting to build up my fitness again and want to feel stronger in mind and body.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Had the spinal - them to showed I've got two discs out not just one which was a bit of a shock! End result was that I had to have two lots of shots and they hurt like mad.

Was hoping to wake up like a new woman today, but alas no! Can't tell you how gutted I feel but maybe it'll kick in later...

And while I was in hospital, it was all kicking off at work. I got a verbal warning from the head on Tuesday over something completely ridiculous and totally blown out of proportion. The way it was handled was terrible and I have been treated terribly. Anyway, I dealt with it even though I wanted to curl up and die but that would just give them the satisfaction....anyway the school has announced huge changes and no one has bothered to inform me in an official manner or tell me that I have to re-apply for my job...nothing ceases to amaze me these days. But people who've devoted themselves beyond the call of duty have also been treated badly so loyalty counts for **** clearly!

Anyway my focus from this day on is on me and my two girls. I'm starting to build up my fitness again and want to feel stronger in mind and body.
Sending you ((((( hug))))) and for bravery and devotion to duty( even if your employers have not) Happy Easter . Clive