Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do hope they have some answers for you ally. Let us know how you get on x

Reactions: ally1

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck hope it goes well and you get some information to help improve things - thinking of you

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Make sure you have your list of questions with you. Good luck.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Am home now.
Wow what a morning.
Waited 15 minutes to see the consultant, which not bad to wait.
The consultant was very though. He had the relevant information so didn't, t have to go from the start.
Prodded and poked all over. Pinned pricked all over as well.
He has requested for me to have an MRI scan, so will need to wait for that to come through.
We spoke about my squint in left eye that is my very lazy eye and been like that all my life.
Well, there is neuropathy in both feet and lower left leg.
It's the arms and left thigh and right leg that is not consistant to neuropathy, hence why the MRI.
Arthritis in both knees, yet I only have slight pain in my left knee.
Has ruled out a stroke.
Also I had to keep smiley, I felt a right plonker doing that.
We then spoke about my t2. Also spoke about my bipolar.
Was asked how often I have my HbA1c and he 2as astonished that only once a year because with taking quetiapine for my bipolar, the HbA1c should ideally be done every 3 weeks.
Explained my gp refuses to that being done, only once a year. Also he was surprised that the DN never did a foot check until I created merry hell
He said there is something not quite right with the amount of numbness and the falling over prior to getting my walker.
Until I have the MRI, and see if that shows anything.
He will do a follow up appointment once the scan has been done.
Not sure what will happen if there is nothing obvious from the scan.
Had to wait over an hour in the blood test area for a whole list of things to be checked for.
I felt he did a very though job

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Am home now.
Wow what a morning.
The consultant was very though. He had the relevant information so didn't, t have to go from the start.
He has requested for me to have an MRI scan, so will need to wait for that to come through.
We spoke about my squint in left eye that is my very lazy eye and been like that all my life.
It's the arms and left thigh and right leg that is not consistant to neuropathy, hence why the MRI.
Has ruled out a stroke.
Was asked how often I have my HbA1c and he 2as astonished that only once a year because with taking quetiapine for my bipolar, the HbA1c should ideally be done every 3 weeks.
Explained my gp refuses to that being done, only once a year. Also he was surprised that the DN never did a foot check until I created merry hell
He said there is something not quite right with the amount of numbness and the falling over prior to getting my walker.
Had to wait over an hour in the blood test area for a whole list of things to be checked for.

Sounds like you had a thorough check by a neuro who looked at everything, not just your symptoms. Fingers crossed it's not a long wait for the results of the scan and follow up appointment.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am home now.
Wow what a morning.
Has ruled out a stroke.
Sounds promising; someone firmly in your corner! Hope tests/MRI will give good results that can be tackled!

Reactions: ally1 and Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The consultant obviously knows his stuff. Is he going to get on to your gp to do more regular HbA1c and neuropathy tests?

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Sounds like you had a thorough check by a neuro who looked at everything, not just your symptoms. Fingers crossed it's not a long wait for the results of the scan and follow up appointment.
I need to wait for the appointment to arrive for the MRI

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
The consultant obviously knows his stuff. Is he going to get on to your gp to do more regular HbA1c and neuropathy tests?
He will notify my gp about HbA1c tests to be done more often. My psych has already done that and my gp ignored the request.
Consultant wants to wait for MRI results before deciding what to suggest re neuropathy unless things get worse

Reactions: Prem51

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I need to wait for the appointment to arrive for the MRI

Aye lass but the appointments for scans are not usually too long to wait for. It's the follow up appointments that might take a few weeks. But you might drop lucky and get seen really quickly.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
One thing, I would urge anyone that gets any numbness that might be neuropathy, please badger your surgery. I don't want one to suffer the way I have regards the way I was ignored.