New diabetes movies - diet, exercise and cholesterol

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi there,

Here's the latest movie released by Team Blood Glucose, designed to give anyone with or at risk of T2 diabetes the essential information. It covers diet and exercise.

The film introduces the importance of 'GLUT4 transporters'. These are the helpful friends to us all as they play a crucial role in helping glucose to get out of the blood stream and into the cells in our bodies. They are stimulated to be mobilised by insulin, yet when we develop 'insulin resistance' the effectiveness of these transporters can be diminished by as much as 90%. The great news is that GLUT4 transporters can also be mobilised and numbers proliferated through muscular contraction. Effectively any bit of exercise we do - even just stretching muscles, lifting our legs when we're sitting, right through to intensive gym workouts. Every time we use our muscles we are encouraging these GLUT4's to get to work and help us mop up excess glucose out of the bloodstream. Hopefully the movie will be a useful source of info for all.

There is another movie which I watched the other day which I think might interest those who follow a LCHF diet and have concerns over their cholesterol/triglycerides/LDL/HDL etc levels. The movie would suggest that there is an over simplification of our current thinking around what should be regarded as 'healthy' vs 'unhealthy' when it comes to blood work results. Anyone with concerns over high cholesterol on a LCHF diet should at least watch the last quarter of the film, where it is explained that although a LCHF diet generally has very positive health outcomes, there are a very small percentage of people for whom the diet may have a negative impact and consequently need 'tweaking'.

Reactions: 2 people