Oranges.....Good or Bad ?

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good going Del, well done.You'll be able to educate the diabetic nurse at this rate!

Reactions: 9 people

Del 80

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for that, It is now obvious to me, since being on this forum, that I have been eating totally the wrong things, hopefully in the next couple of days should be in single figures.........Del.

Reactions: 6 people

revive@2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
yobs +litter/.Loud music on t.v. when actors speaking
I have same test kit as you it comes with liquid that makes 2 and high 15
it should then read 5.8 or whatever befor meal test 2 hour after it should be 8to 10
if it out of sight need see nurse or dr .
last year while I in hospitial was 20 to 27 but they said you in hospitial you be ok ??taken me
year to get better and my levels ok now .I eat banana every day for potasham don't forget lots food need vits ask go on course
to set you right ok ??/

Reactions: 2 people

Del 80

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My levels seemed to be O.K. when I was in hospital, they tested it three or four times a day.......of course in there you eat the right foods, actually, I didn't eat much at all during my stay in there, or up to going in, probably due to worrying about the operation.....I don't want to speak to soon but I do seem to feel an awful lot better at the moment........Del.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
When I was in hospital, all the food was wrong for diabetics.
Cereals, toast, orange juice and so on.
You have to wonder sometimes, don't the dieticians know what carbs do to us?

Reactions: 10 people

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A'right @Del 80 ?. Just thought I'd mention that, for some people, when their blood sugars have been running too high for a long period of time, their bodies get used to it, so when it drops down to near normal levels it can give you some hypo symptoms until your body gets used to healthier blood sugar levels again. Hope that makes sense.

Del 80

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I was in hospital, all the food was wrong for diabetics.
Cereals, toast, orange juice and so on.
You have to wonder sometimes, don't the dieticians know what carbs do to us?
That's very true.....never thought of it that way.

Del 80

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A'right @Del 80 ?. Just thought I'd mention that, for some people, when their blood sugars have been running too high for a long period of time, their bodies get used to it, so when it drops down to near normal levels it can give you some hypo symptoms until your body gets used to healthier blood sugar levels again. Hope that makes sense.
That's very interesting.....I have had a headache for a couple of days, I wonder if that's what is causing it ?

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Del80, some other fruit suggestions which are lower in carbs - cherries, strawberries, raspberries, melon, blackberries, blueberries, apricots. You should still test though as fruits affect everyone differently.

Well done so far! ;)

Del 80

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for that, just need to get it down a little bit more, then going to try different fruits........ I love oranges, hence the title of this thread, but will see if they send it up again........Del.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Thanks for that, just need to get it down a little bit more, then going to try different fruits........ I love oranges, hence the title of this thread, but will see if they send it up again........Del.
Hi Del

Great work. Keep off those spuds and give the Oranges a miss till you are getting much lower levels

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I myself love fruit, but I have to have small pieces instead of whole ones.
I can only have half a tangerines for a couple of pieces of an orange, just space them out through the day, but you have to test just how much you can cope with.
Berries are better and you can have more of them..
I still love fruit!

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn

They will (almost guarantee it) so why play with fire? Undoing that hard work with your "new" diet should tell you something about past choices

Reactions: 3 people

Del 80

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just tested at 7:15 am...........still 9.9.......although a lot better, is this good or bad for this time of day ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Still way over (aim is 7.8 and under) but a light year ahead of where you were. Your FBS is not the be all and end all in your program .... not yet anyway.

intelligenteating

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Close minded people.
What an amazing question to ask. What a society we have become where someone has to question if eating an orange is healthy or not!

Reactions: 3 people

Del 80

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just done second test of the day, at 3:45 pm.........9.3 mmol/L.........still going down !!

Reactions: 4 people

Del 80

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What an amazing question to ask. What a society we have become where someone has to question if eating an orange is healthy or not!
Exactly,You go through life assuming that all fruit is good for you, only to find out at some point that it certainly is not !!

Reactions: 4 people