PLEASE SUPPORT MY DIABETES PETITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallycorker

Dear All,

I have posted a petition on the 10 Downing Street website regarding the advice given by the health authorities particularly to Type 2 diabetics - however, I know that many Type 1 diabetics disagree with the carbohydrate advice given to them.

The petition can be found via the link below:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Diabetes-Advice/

Hope that some of you will consider supporting my petition.

Perhaps this is a facility provided by the Government is something that, as a group, we could make better use of to let the powers that be aware of our views.

Best Wishes - John

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi John,
Signed up. I'm in full agreement with your petition.

Regards Graham

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Done. Nicely worded petition.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi John.
Better late than never ! :D

Manogwent

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
carling lager
Total agreement, got in before closing time, manogwent :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
wallycorker said:
Dear All,

I have posted a petition on the 10 Downing Street website regarding the advice given by the health authorities particularly to Type 2 diabetics - however, I know that many Type 1 diabetics disagree with the carbohydrate advice given to them.

Perhaps this is a facility provided by the Government is something that, as a group, we could make better use of to let the powers that be aware of our views.

Best Wishes - John

Keep this one running folks. It's also about the availability or not of test strips.

thumbless1

Dislikes
The NHS which is overworked and behind the times.
Was looking for something like this.

Had a disagreement with my practice nurse that i was not getting enough information.

They are told not to encourage low carbing.

I got a meter and test strips, lancets too on the NHS but told that i only need to test once a week.

I signed up.

Thanks Davey.

I have only been diagnosed type 2 for a month. :)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
cugila said:
wallycorker said:
Dear All,

Best Wishes - John

Keep this one running folks. It's also about the availability or not of test strips.

gardenfairy22

Hello,
I signed a few days ago and copied the link to all my email contacts, explaining why it was important to me personally, and received some nice replies along the way, one suggestion was to put it onto Facebook, Myspace, Bebo, etc. as a group, I added it to my own page but don´t understand how to do the group thing. If anyone does, perhaps that is another way to get people´s attention?
Carole

Status
Not open for further replies.