PLEASE SUPPORT MY DIABETES PETITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexander-v-o

I've signed and will continue the cause. Well done John. I hope by signing so late it still helps. Thanks to this forum making me think out of the box my whole life has changed and I am living within acceptable limits again. It is very rare for my blood sugars to go above 7 on my meter which I would have never achieved if I hadn't joined this forum. :wink:

Aubergenie

Dislikes
Weetabix, Twilight, Katherine Jenkins,
I have signed the petition.

I#m getting slightly fed up with the mixed messages given to diabetics. One rule for all please.

I think i'm lucky though, in that my diabetes practice nurse adds test strips to my prescription. I think everyone should have them.

suffolkboi61

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Marzipan ewwwwwwwwww
All signed and sealed :)
will get daughter and son to sign aswel,

thrifty

Dislikes
Rudeness and self obsessed people. Packed shops. Peer pressure
Just signed John

Thank you for doing this

Debbie

jopar

John

I'm not sure where you are going with this petition at all

As to testing, well the NICE guidelines cover this, but the PCT's dont obide by these guidelines, but because they are there they governement will say sorry but the guidelines say you can, and each individual case will need to be dealt with the PCT!

As to the other diet review not sure about this at all... It seems to suggest that the current advise should be replaced with what you personally consider to be the correct advice...

Which highly suggests to me that you are encouraging and attempting to replace one dogma with another dogma! Which is something I don't agree with at all...

So I haven't signed your petition as I don't srictly agree with what you are attempting to do

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
signed :mrgreen:

futurenets

I was really pleased to see your post. I signed the petition and also passed this on to another diabetes forum and as a result several others have also signed it.

mazbee

I thought I had signed this petition a few days ago, but now realise I did not complete it via my e-mail.

All done now though.

Sorry for the delay.
I hope that I can pull myself together soon.

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
John,I have just seen your petition, great job!I and have signed and some of my friends will sign as well.

Have you thought about putting it on Twitter? I could do that if you don't have an account there :?:

Irene

wellwell1212

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Liars and cheats
Just noticed your petition, well done sir, could not agree more. 8)

Did a notice go up on twitter? not to say it didn't, just I did not notice it.

wellwell1212

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Liars and cheats
enzina said:
wellwell1212 said:
Just noticed your petition, well done sir, could not agree more. 8)

Did a notice go up on twitter? not to say it didn't, just I did not notice it.

Yes, it's on Twitter. You can't see it because you are not following me on Twitter and the tweets are in 10 minutes fish and chips wrapping paper. :lol: I will tweet again. Bye, the way, you can tweet it to your followers too.

I follow Diabetes.UK on twitter, I incorrectly read it as them who might have posted it up there. Is your Twitter ID= cecilia102 ? If so then I'm following you now. Oops again, not doing very well here :oops: appears you are a female poster and I called you Sir, apologies no slight indented.

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
Oh, i never knew DiabetesUk is on Twitter, that's great. Yes, i'm Cecilia102 and mainly doing competitions on there. :lol: At the moment i can't get into Twitter at all, always getting error messages. As soon as i can, i will put a link on.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
John, did you ever get a response to the petition? I do not recall being notified as we usually are.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
This person is no longer a member on this forum so you will not get a reply from him.

From the No10 FAQ's section
What will happen to my petition once it is finished ?

Once your petition has closed, usually provided there are 500 signatures or more, it will be passed to officials who work for the Prime Minister in Downing Street, or sent to the relevant Government department for a response.

Every person who signs such a petition will receive an email detailing the Government's response to the issues raised.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Government response
Every person with diabetes is different and their clinical condition and personal situation changes throughout their life. If a person has diabetes, it is central to his or her care that they receive the most appropriate advice to help them manage their condition. However, the Department of Health does not provide specific dietary advice to people with diabetes.

The Department of Health wants people to know that they can change their lifestyle and make a difference to their health. This is achieved by giving the public clear and consistent messages on why they should change their lifestyle, and what they can do to make this easier.

The self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG) in the management of non-insulin treated Type 2 diabetes is the subject of a recently published report from NHS Diabetes. It recommends that in keeping with the National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence guidance (CG87), SMBG should only be provided routinely to people with Type 2 diabetes who are not treated with insulin or sulphonylurea and where there is an agreed purpose or goal to testing. SMBG should only be used within a care package and accompanied by structured education, which ensures that people with diabetes have a clear understanding of the role of monitoring and of how the results can improve health outcomes. Individuals with non-insulin treated diabetes who are motivated by SMBG to maximise the benefits of lifestyle and medication should be encouraged to continue to monitor their blood glucose.

Prescribing decisions about blood glucose test strips are for local determination, but Primary Care Trusts should not impose a blanket policy on testing strips for people with Type 2 diabetes.

© Crown copyright :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.