President Trump releases statement to mark Diabetes Awareness Month

DCUK NewsBot

President Donald Trump has released a statement to mark Diabetes Awareness Month by declaring his commitment to tackling all forms of diabetes. The president's statement was published on the official website of the White House, where he highlights the positive work being done regarding research developments and the need for people to make positive changes to diet and lifestyle to improve their health. Trump’s statement said: "My Administration is committed to empowering more Americans with the tools and research needed to combat all forms of diabetes. "Every American should take charge of his or her own care by learning about diabetes, and making appropriate modifications to their diets and lifestyles. "We are close to achieving the goals of developing artificial pancreas devices and personalized options for automated blood glucose testing and insulin delivery. Together, we will fight to overcome all forms of diabetes and ensure a healthier future for all Americans." It is great to see the White House releasing this statement and that it touches on improving diet and nutrition is important because we know that making positive dietary changes can help prevent type 2 diabetes and even put the condition into remission. Diabetes Awareness Month began in 1991 as a means of boosting diabetes research as well as awareness of the condition and its many types among people worldwide. This year Diabetes.co.uk is relaunching its #FacesOfDiabetes campaign to celebrate Diabetes Awareness Month. The social media campaign encourages users to share their selfies and stories to show what diabetes really looks like. You can also get involved by checking out our Diabetes Awareness Month 2017 Phone Wallpapers and adding one of our Diabetes Awareness Month frames to your Facebook profile picture.

Continue reading...

Reactions: ickihun

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
"We are close to achieving the goals of developing artificial pancreas devices and personalized options for automated blood glucose testing and insulin delivery."

And this will help make America Great again and deliver great economic benefits to our pharma economy and those who hold shares in it.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
One could at least say that his comments outweigh the cynicism and the snide remarks

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Finished with this .... tiresome

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Diabetes - sad. But America is a world leader in numbers of diabetics - carbs make America great.

Reactions: Freema

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Thanks for amplifying my point

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
One could at least say that his comments outweigh the cynicism and the snide remarks

His comments? Are you perhaps under the impression that a man who just this week, reportedly made a war hero's widow cry because he couldn't even remember the soldier's name, actually wrote those words himself?

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. No, Trump didn't write this himself, but does anyone think that any previous presidents wrote their statements on diabetes awareness month all by themselves? Of course they didn't.

Reactions: Dmcc0

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well Yes I do actually trust Obama to be a very bright man being able to overview most of What his name was put under , where Trump more or less reminds me of a stupid megalomaniac

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I doubt Obama knows any more about diabetes than Trump does.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well. Talk is cheap. Lets see!
It normally all comes out with the wash. Or dirty dish water where politics are concerned.
Still pleased I didn't follow my dad and his friends into politics. Soooooo boring.

Dmcc0

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've no real opinion on Trump's ability either way (being from the UK), but there does seem to be a bit of a witch hunt as far as the media is concerned. Everything he does seems to be put under so much more scrutiny than his predecessors. Seems the guy can't do right for doing wrong in some folks eyes. I'm sure if those same people just got behind him instead of trying to undermine everything he does the whole country would be better served.

Sent from my MotoG3 using DCUK Forum mobile app