Really confused with hypo's

Chrissy73

Hi can anyone let me know why i am having awful hypo's ? i have type 2 diabetes i am on medication which is keeping me quite well controled but i am having hypo's so much and today it was even happening at 4.4 i thought that reading would have been a good one but now really confused.
Sorry to ask i am a new member Thanks Chrissy :D

bedshaped2000

what sort of food are you eating before the hypo? if i have say a small piece of dairy milk i go high then go very low 1hour after. Also if i have to much fat and not enough carb the fat makes me go very low. Also if i exercise vigoursly when im low carbing as in not enough carb to compensate the energy im using up. you need to trace back what you ate or did 2hrs before the hypo. im not on meds so it may be as simple as adjusting them, someone will be along in a minute to advise on that score

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Three answers come to my mind:-

1. Your meter is reading slightly high or the pot of strips are defective.
2. Your are not washing your hands before testing therefore getting erroneous readings.
3. Your body system has not yet adapted to running with lower BG's. This takes time but it will vary from person to person.

Chrissy73

Thank you for replies, i do eat a high carb diet and sometimes it is just with in 1 hour of eating the hypo' happens or quite a lot around midnight when i really don't like eating but find i have to then.
Quite often my readings when this happens are 2.1 and i feel like i will pass out, that is how i felt at 4.4 and 3.6... Thanks again i just need to get my head round what is happpening .
Chrissy :)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Chrissy and welcome to the forum :D , your profile and your question mention you are on oral medication, can you tell us what that medication is and the dosage you are taking?

If you are eating a 'high carb diet' there is no way you should be hypo within an hour!!