1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Regular moderate exercise log

Discussion in 'Fitness, Exercise and Sport' started by RuthW, Sep 12, 2015.

1. johnpol

johnpol Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Well I did my competition yesterday, and I have managed to qualify for the British finals and the European championships in 2019, ended the day going 9 for 9(nine attempts with nine successful lifts) and a 152.5kg Squat, a 125kg bench and finally a 195kg deadlift giving me a 472.5kg total for the day. I had a lot more in me across all the lifts but I had a plan to reach my qualifying total which I achieved and went 25kg over. To say I am happy is an understatement, especially given all my health issues over the last 18 months, I would like to thank everyone for your support and comments it is much appreciated. Time to get back to it and put the work in for next year

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Many many congratulations! I was thinking about you yesterday and watching out for your post. British finals and European championships!
    You are a star and an absolute inspiration. Well done.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Congratulations. That’s awesome.

• Like Like x 3
  4. stuffedolive

stuffedolive Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Wow! that is excellent !

• Like Like x 3
  5. stuffedolive

stuffedolive Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Having a rest from strength exercise class today as I have a persistent abs niggle from my coughing fit a few weeks back - hope its not a hernia :-( Just did 45mins on the bike before breakfast and then 30mins brisk walk mid afternoon for my annual retinopathy - all clear :)

• Like Like x 5
  6. Geoffno6

Geoffno6 · Well-Known Member

Ha, well done @johnpol , I was almost disappointed when there was no report last night or first thing this morning. Brilliant results considering you’re fighting health issues

• Like Like x 3
  7. paulmh

paulmh Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Mindblowing. So impressed. Respect.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Inspirational stories found a real poster boy - amazing effort and proof that good guys do get just rewards.
    Now from the sublime to the ridiculously poor. 13.5k steps yesterday and 17k today -.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. paulmh

Boxing training at 10am and circuits / boot camp at 6pm and 15k steps.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. johnpol

Better steps than me, I think I've managed about twenty all day. Thanks for the mention. Was a good day

• Like Like x 1
  11. Geoffno6

Geoffno6 · Well-Known Member

Well done for the efforts @ickihun I’ve got a few of your problems but I think far less severely than you but enough to know what a pain it is. I always used to sleep with my feet out of the covers, putting more leg out if I was hot. Now they get cold and hurty but too hot if I keep them in, Ive found that my bum is the best thing to stick out if I’m hot!
    This week I’m working in a restaurant on the beach in Jersey and thought about surfing and realised that even with a wet suit I’d now struggle to go in. My thermostat is definitely wrecked now and my lack of body fat makes me feel the cold. Good luck with your GP and drug choices.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  12. johnpol

Well zero exercise yesterday, I felt alright when I got up but I have had a niggly bad left ear all weekend so went and got it checked (just a small infection) but at around 5pm it felt like a bus had hit me!! I hurt in some muscles I never thought we had muscles!! So didn't train at all last night. But I am going tonight even if its just to give the weights "A Good Looking At" and maybe start properly on Wednesday. Even though I had a lot left in me to lift heavier on Sunday it still took it out of me. Brilliant feeling though!!

Take care everyone.

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi all. Couple of low key days for me. Working from home yesterday which means less moving about. Rescued by a physio appointment which is about 5k steps walk either way. Walked very briskly there and back to reach a total of just over 11k for the day. Just below 10k today.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ianpspurs

12.6k steps mostly done before mid day on a dog walk before rain set in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. paulmh

Circuits at 10am and I’ll probably limp over 10k steps by midnight - proper shirking Ian!

• Like Like x 2
  16. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

A late start for the week for me, chest, dumb bell press to 36kg which was a bit disappointing as I'd hope for 38kg, but the weak wrist was on form :( a press machine to do one handed presses, incline flys and pull overs to 40kg finishing with some arm curls and weak wrist wrist curls.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Spl@

Spl@ Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Thought I would 'step in'. Kicked my steps up a notch this week. For the last month I have been gradually walking more and more. 5k steps plus work which is around 6k normally.
    Have upped my evening walk to an hour holding at 150 bpm. For me that's around 6.5k per hour. Certainly need a shower afterwards.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Had my last long walk home after work right through the country park this evening and emerged the far side just as it was getting too dark for comfort. Won't do that again until the evenings are lighter in the New Year. I'm fine going out for early morning or evening walks in the dark in well-lit areas, but don't walk through the parks in the dark. I leave work earlier on Wednesdays and Fridays, as I officially start work earlier than most of my colleagues every morning and had been enjoying doing this walk most of those evenings since half term.

I'm also interested to note I don't seem as active in the working day this year. Not sure if it's because, on the whole, we have a more settled cohort or because I've taken on a slightly different role for some hours a week, I'm much more classroom-based this year. I'm kind of missing marching students around the field to find out what's causing the current meltdown and sorting stuff out that way! I'm not complaining, you understand, just interested to note it.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ianpspurs

30 mins HIIT on exercise bike early on - not the full sprint 8 and no chest HR monitor so not full on. 14k steps. It'll have to do today now.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Davie_sett

Davie_sett Type 1 · Well-Known Member

today i did 12 miles of a 25 mile race on the watt bike today gave up after loosing the a group it was still over half a hour of effort though

• Like Like x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook