SD Code Free Strips Batch no. S0318075.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used Codefree for 3 years but then gave up on it and started to use an Accu Chek Mobile meter. I have now used an Accu Chek exclusively for approaching 2 years. I really do sympathise with you all. The Codefree was very annoying, and worked out more expensive with such a lot of re-tests and mistrust. The mistrust was the worst bit.
Yes, I’ve really lost faith in the Code Free :(

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I’ve really lost faith in the Code Free :(

I trust my Accu Chek Mobile. There are occasional strange readings, but nowhere near as many as with the Codefree, and each of the cartridges (50 tests) are consistent. I have never had a whole cartridge that is "off". It is also extremely convenient having cartridges that you insert in the meter, meaning no handling of strips and only one thing to carry about with you (including the attached Fastclix lancet pen.) The lancets are also in drums (6 in each) so no handling of lancets either. The only downside is the extortionate price of the cartridges if you buy them at normal retail prices. I think they are about the dearest there are. This is the reason I buy mine on eBay at very reasonable prices. Otherwise I could not afford them.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just emailed Home Health to ask how long he wants me to continue parallel testing. I have now parallel tested seven times a day for over a week and all the readings bar two showed a higher reading with the rogue batch S0318075. The two remaining readings showed identical results.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just emailed Home Health to ask how long he wants me to continue parallel testing. I have now parallel tested seven times a day for over a week and all the readings bar two showed a higher reading with the rogue batch S0318075. The two remaining readings showed identical results.
Thanks for that..

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thanks for doing that. My 48 strip test (used the other 2 testing the same drop of blood on the Caresens) reveals the Caresens average to be 0.1mmol higher than the Codefree and both running higher (0.2 - 0.3 mmol) higher than my monthly average which has been consistent (within 0.1mmol) for over a year. The parallel testing didn’t show enough differences to have any more confidence in the Caresens than the Codefree. Although the obviously rogue readings are more dramatic on the Codefree). Time to get the second batch of 50 Caresens strips out, me thinks. And will open a new tub of Codefree at the same time.

Reactions: digitalv

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting just did my first test FBG (Caresens strips arrived yesterday)

Code free 5.6
Caresens 4.8
Same finger... same prick..(stop it you lot!)
I haven't had a 4 reading from the Codefree since starting the latest strips batch...will carry on doing parallels..

Reactions: Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting just did my first test FBG (Caresens strips arrived yesterday)

Code free 5.6
Caresens 4.8
Same finger... same prick..(stop it you lot!)
I haven't had a 4 reading from the Codefree since starting the latest strips batch...will carry on doing parallels..

So far I’ve parallel tested S0318075 against two different batch numbers they sent me which have shown much more expected results. This is exactly what has broken my faith in the Code Free, the inconsistency :( I have one more batch to test but I’m giving my fingers a rest for a few days. Once I have completed this testing I’ll dig my Caresens out.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Second reading lunch was ox liver and bacon... few slices of ham then a cuppa so more a pre dinner reading..

Codefree 5.4
Caresens 4.7

Starting to see a pattern...

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@bulkbiker the difference between the two readings is .07, this is within the plus or minus tolerance is it not? Am I reading it wrong?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker the difference between the two readings is .07, this is within the plus or minus tolerance is it not? Am I reading it wrong?
Yes but the codefree and this batch of strips is consistently higher..
Just did my third set of readings after a curry
Codefree 5.8
Caresens 5.3

So for me Codefree is consistently higher with this set of strips... more to come tomorrow..

Reactions: Rachox

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was running parallel CodeFree and caresens when I first got it. Most of the readings were identical, something that had only happened once before with the surgery supplied Jazz.

Sometimes the CodeFree read significantly higher, 9.4 instead of 7.2.

Not entirely sure what to do with the 3 remaining unopened tubs of CodeFree.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
well, not sure what to make of this now.

just checked mine..close on 180 strips..batch no s0318075

normal has been 6.2-6.5
had a few lower 5.6-5.8 when i really expected higher ( post food etc )
quite smug thinking how well i'd done..now you say it maybe a rogue batch....sad face :bigtears:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
well, not sure what to make of this now.

just checked mine..close on 180 strips..batch no s0318075

normal has been 6.2-6.5
had a few lower 5.6-5.8 when i really expected higher ( post food etc )
quite smug thinking how well i'd done..now you say it maybe a rogue batch....sad face :bigtears:
I have generally found this batch to be reading higher, though it may just be rogue tubs within the whole batch. Either way it’s not good to have such inconsistency.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its groundhog day..
Codefree FBG 5.6
Caresens FBG 4.8

Exactly the same as yesterday!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And the after dinner reading
Codefree 5.4
Caresens 4.9
Consistently 0.5 to 0.8 diff with the Caresens lower apart from 1 this after noon when the Codefree was 5.4 and the Caresens 5.2 ... hmmm

Smallbrit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for this @bulkbiker - it is very useful. Unfortunately I have 6 tubs of the strips in question so that’s my future for a while...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
does seem to be a constant difference, as you said earlier, BB