SD Code Free Strips Batch no. S0318075.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I guess the good thing its usually about 0.5-0.8 so I could just carry on using the Codefree and subtract..
That’s an idea as I have about 7 tubs left :(

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you heard any more from Home Health?
Nothing since Monday when they said they were waiting for the manufacturer’s report. I’ll drop them a line if I haven’t heard back by tomorrow.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Could be dangerous though. Which of these comparison readings are you using for your stats?
Still the Codefree at the moment.. I just want my old friend to be correct! Plus I have over 400 strips still to use!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Still the Codefree at the moment.. I just want my old friend to be correct! Plus I have over 400 strips still to use!

I think that is sensible. It is what I did when I was testing out the 2 different meters before eventually giving up on the Codefree.
I doubt this will get anywhere. The differences are mostly within the tolerances. (15% above 5.6 or 0.83 for concentrations below 5.6) 95% of the time. It is unsettling and annoying though, and who is to say the Caresens is correct?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that is sensible. It is what I did when I was testing out the 2 different meters before eventually giving up on the Codefree.
I doubt this will get anywhere. The differences are mostly within the tolerances. (15% above 5.6 or 0.83 for concentrations below 5.6) 95% of the time. It is unsettling and annoying though, and who is to say the Caresens is correct?

Well that's quite interesting because on the Codefree, unless fasting, I'm usually between 5 and 6 but then my HbA1c comes out at 27 mmol/m which would imply lower average blood glucose levels mid 4's to 5's. Knock 0.5 mmol/l of my Codefree scores and voila! All explained..

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well that's quite interesting because on the Codefree, unless fasting, I'm usually between 5 and 6 but then my HbA1c comes out at 27 mmol/m which would imply lower average blood glucose levels mid 4's to 5's. Knock 0.5 mmol/l of my Codefree scores and voila! All explained..

Yes, it doesn't add up at all. Your HbA1c averages at 4.7mmol/l according to the converter, which is ****** brilliant. It would be great if you had occasional use of a Libre to see what is happening overnight. You must be quite low.

Edited by mod for profanity.

Last edited by a moderator:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It would be great if you had occasional use of a Libre to see what is happening overnight
To be honest until I start to see some problematic variations in my numbers I'll carry on without the Libre as there are others who could get far more benefit from it than me... Plus I'll have to expand my poor old creaky spreadsheet even more!

Reactions: Bluetit1802

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
that's how i'd be tempted to go, BB..but as rachel says, it's not ideal if you can't trust your meter..

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This mornings numbers repeating a familiar pattern
Codefree 5.6
Caresens 4.9

Yesterdays were more of the same ish.. all numbers so far on this test

Screenshot 2018-12-07 at 09.55.24.png

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven’t heard back from Home Health, I’d been promised the report from the manufacturer about this dodgy batch. I have had a break from parallel testing this week, to give my fingers a rest. I have just emailed HH to remind them about the manufacturer’s results. I have one more batch to parallel test which I’ll do this coming week.

Reactions: Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been AWOL for a bit. Still parallel testing and still broadly similar between Codefree and Caresens with Caresens slightly higher overall. Have been getting some unusually high readings on both (out of sorts the past week) soman OMAD day today to test without food complicating matters.

Codefree. Caresens
5.44 am - 5.4. 5.1
9.01am. 5.2. 5.2
10.12am. 5.2 5.7
12.30. 4.7 5.2
14.28. 4.5. 4.6
17.20. 4.3. 4.2

garyb888

i recently gave up on codefree after about three weeks of use. didn't have the suspect batch and results were still horrible compared to my trusty Abbott Lite. inconsistent and uncalibrateable. the codefree might be good as a random number generator, maybe...

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just ordered a Tee2 meter and strips so when that arrives will carry on with the parallel testing.. as the strips are so much cheaper than the Caresens. If I'm going to ditch the Codefree I want a better priced solution..

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just ordered a Tee2 meter and strips so when that arrives will carry on with the parallel testing.. as the strips are so much cheaper than the Caresens. If I'm going to ditch the Codefree I want a better priced solution..

Will be interested to see how you go with the Tee2.

Reactions: bulkbiker

miffy49

I'm not a regular poster but my interest was taken by this post. I have been using the Code Free for some time now and suddenly started getting high readings. I don't worry over much about my fasting readings as I have FMS/ME and I think my poor liver has to pump out vast amounts of glucose to get me upright most mornings! They are normally below 7mmol but I had even been getting odd ones over 7. All my readings have been getting higher but at my annual revue my practice nurse said my HbA1c was 'fine, normal'. She refused to give me a result as she was too busy tearing strips off me for testing in the first place and for eating low carb! Having seen the OP I checked and my strips are part of the duff batch. I was at the end of my third pack so that could explain things. I have started a pack out of my new supply and suddenly I'm getting readings of under 5mmol before meals!

I don't want to stop testing but the cost of strips is a huge factor for me. Cheap strips are not cheap when you don't trust the meter and feel the need to retest!

garyb888

i think it is criminal when doctors-who-should-know-better are critical of low carb and rigorous testing. a pox on them all!!! they are responsible for so much suffering that no punishment would be adequate... let them shoot themselves up with their own garbage meds...

gary/

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Will be interested to see how you go with the Tee2.
Ive been using the Tee2 for a couple of years as a back up meter and it seems pretty accurate - it diagreed with my GP prescrbed one touch ultra, always reading lower but my hba1c was also always lower than the one touch ultra readings predicted.My GP changed me over to a Gluco nexus meter when the one touch stopped making strips and since then both meters and my hba1c have been singing in harmony