Share Your Diet

tree-peony

xyzzy... here's the modified info as I promised last night :-

breakfast - sesame Ryvita with butter and full fat Philly x 2, 1 coffee
Ryvita (37 cals, 1.1g protein, 5.8g carbs) 5g butter, 20g Philly each (46 cals, 0.5g carb)
lunch - slice boiled ham, slice cheese, lettuce, cucumber, fennel, tomato with a squirt of salad cream (but only a tiny bit!), water
ham 40g, 47cals, Emmental cheese 125 cals, 30 g 100g lettuce, 100g cucumber, 50g tomato, fennel 10g, salad cream 15g 50cals, 3.1g carb
afternoon tea - brew with 1 rich tea, 2 pieces 85% choc
Ignore the biscuit - it was a one off treat! Chocolate is 110 cals 4.1 g carb
evening meal - 2 home made beefburgers, mushrooms, brussel sprouts, tomato. greek yogurt with blueberries, coffee.
burgers made from 175g steak mince, 320 cals 20g fat. 4 mushrooms fried in butter, 8 sprouts. 100g yoghurt with 10 blueberries
supper - cucumber chunks (75g)

Milk is always full fat (and always has been - out of a nice glass bottles delivered by my milkman :) )

thanks for your time and effort!

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
tree-peony said:
xyzzy... here's the modified info as I promised last night :-

breakfast - sesame Ryvita with butter and full fat Philly x 2, 1 coffee
Ryvita (37 cals, 1.1g protein, 5.8g carbs) 5g butter, 20g Philly each (46 cals, 0.5g carb)
lunch - slice boiled ham, slice cheese, lettuce, cucumber, fennel, tomato with a squirt of salad cream (but only a tiny bit!), water
ham 40g, 47cals, Emmental cheese 125 cals, 30 g 100g lettuce, 100g cucumber, 50g tomato, fennel 10g, salad cream 15g 50cals, 3.1g carb
afternoon tea - brew with 1 rich tea, 2 pieces 85% choc
Ignore the biscuit - it was a one off treat! Chocolate is 110 cals 4.1 g carb
evening meal - 2 home made beefburgers, mushrooms, brussel sprouts, tomato. greek yogurt with blueberries, coffee.
burgers made from 175g steak mince, 320 cals 20g fat. 4 mushrooms fried in butter, 8 sprouts. 100g yoghurt with 10 blueberries
supper - cucumber chunks (75g)

Milk is always full fat (and always has been - out of a nice glass bottles delivered by my milkman :) )

thanks for your time and effort!

Thanks tree-peony will get to it in a bit. :)

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Grazer said:
Thanks for my updated donut xyzzy!

No problem .... Doing yours now tree-pony ....

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Here you go tree pony.

Vital stats as per fatsecret and your supplied info

Fat: 131.5g
Carbs: 69g
Protein: 113.87g

which works out as 1650 calories.

Your are doing just under 50% of your carbs from veg and salad and apart from the Ryvetta no grain so quite similar to me. If you're doing a bit of dieting then your calories should be ok and should be giving you a small but steady weight loss? When you need to stop you might need to up something a bit more. I face the same problem but am happy losing around 2lbs a week on my 1800 - 1900 calorie regime at present but of course you have to factor in man / lady and height and stuff.

Attachments

• doughnuttreepony.jpg
    doughnuttreepony.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 502

tree-peony

ooo well that looks pretty good to me :)

yes, I'm losing weight (and need to!) plus exercising as much as I can (when I have time, but I try to do an hour a day on the xtrainer)

My BG is still on a downward trend, even tho it's moving at glacial speed! I've also dropped back to 2 Metformin a day because of the **** side effects.

THANK YOU SO MUCH :D

I really appreciate the time and effort you're putting into this!

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Noticed you'd given enough info Truffle right back on page one. So here's yours

Fat: 88.5g
Carbs: 17g
Protein: 109g

Calories that equals 1306

Attachments

• doughnuttruffle2.jpg
    doughnuttruffle2.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 499

sugerfree

since starting my met med ,i have no hunger feelings ,full off energy,and have lost a stone in 2 weeks,also when i eat it goes straight throuh me ,is this normal .help newbiee :***:

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
xyzzy said:
Calories that equals 1650 so like tree-pony that's fine for some steady weight loss but you might need to up a bit at some point.

Isn't 1600 kcal the average for a female (as reported by the National Food Survey in 2010). The figure for men was 2200 kcal (I think, off the top of my head).

Defren

sugerfree said:
Since starting my met med i have no hunger feelings , full off energy,and have lost a stone in 2 weeks,also when i eat it goes straight throuh me ,is this normal .help newbiee

I was exactly the same except it didn't go through me, I just couldn't eat. My struggles are on the forum in various threads. It does get better. You could ask your GP for SR Metformin, that often helps. I battled on and now the Metformin is fine. I lost tons and masses of weight, a lot due to the Met. I would advise you see your GP though.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
borofergie said:
Isn't 1600 kcal the average for a female

My mistake if it is I didn't look it up thought it was 1800 but you're the expert :)

If so tree-pony and truffle can ignore as they wish as they're pretty much spot on the RDA in that case

That's why I do my 1800 - 1900 as its roughly 500 calories short of my BMR. BMR kind of takes the RDA and then adjusts for exercise, age and such like. I have no science to back up doing BMR - 500 calories except it would seem pretty reasonable and is giving me an average 1.5lb a week weight loss.

Defren

borofergie said:
xyzzy said:
Calories that equals 1650 so like tree-pony that's fine for some steady weight loss but you might need to up a bit at some point.

Isn't 1600 kcal the average for a female (as reported by the National Food Survey in 2010). The figure for men was 2200 kcal (I think, off the top of my head).

For my age, sex, weight and height my BMR is approx 1339 a day. Does that help any?

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
xyzzy said:
borofergie said:
Isn't 1600 kcal the average for a female

My mistake if it is I didn't look it up thought it was 1800 but you're the expert :)

It's not the RDA, but it's the number they calculated from the Food Survey. Frankly, I think those things are a bunch of nonsense, but then so is the RDA. You're better off working out your BMR and factoring it by your activity level. A 'one-size-fits-all" number is never going to work.

Truffle

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Someone who knows it all.
No xyzzy - you are right. I weighed myself today, 1st time in 6 months, and thought I should have lost weight as I spent last week mountain bike riding in the lake district (in the rain) but I have put on 6 pounds.

Thanks for my doughnut - it is right as I don't have milk in my tea - infact I only drink green tea and water - very virtuous!
I think I will go back to "Atkins inductions" for a month to lose some weight as I do not want the GP to find any fault at all when I go for my annual review. :D

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
XYZZY , we differ quite a bit on Truffle's calories, fat and carbs. I think you may have included more butter, perhaps more steak mince.

Breakfast - 60g full fat cheddar cheese
Lunch - 200g smoked salmon
Handfull of lettuce leaves. Lemon juice and black pepper. (missed out, so there might be 1 more g carb!)
Supper - Homemade steak burger assumed 200g steak mince
spinach, assumed 200g; 3.2g carbs
mushroom assumed 100g 0.4 g carb
(with butter) assumed 20g
half an avocado.: 1.36g carb
Pudding - Sugar free strawberry jelly : 2 g carb

totals: 1310 cal
88.2 fat (61%)
119.08 protein (37%)
7g carb( 2%)

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
"Daily calories needed for . . ." is another of those averages, one-size-fits-all, that I really don't like. I know what many of you will say about that, please don't bother 'cos I'm not arguing here, everyone is entitled to their beliefs! :D :lol:

I think people's metabolisms do differ. I know and have known a few people who eat more than I do but who never put an ounce on - some of them many years ago in my pre-drinking days! I had a school friend who was exactly the same height as me, exactly the same build (we could share clothes, each other's fitted perfectly) but who weighed a stone less than I did! :mrgreen:

I have another friend who doesn't have a single stretch mark, even after 3 healthy babies :shock: . She had no excess fat under her skin to stretch!

After 40+ years of dieting I can truthfully tell you that on a "high-carb low-fat no-alcohol" diet I can put weight on if I go over 1200 cals per day. And that was in my dog-walking days.

If Sid's daily calorie intake is enough for him, maybe he is just a very efficient utiliser of food? Just like me! :lol: Sid, thank you very much for going to all that trouble to work out that day's food intake. You have obviously found exactly what works for you, and I'm envious that you can eat more carbs than I do! But in some ways it's just as well that I can't eat more. I have no self-control and I'm very greedy - 'more' quickly equals 'too much'! :oops: :lol:

Please, the two of you, remember there is no body language on here to help you interpret each other's meanings. At risk of sounding like a horrible patronising pious person :sick: I can only quote Robert Heinlein (Glory Road):-

"An insult is like a drink; it only affects one if it is accepted."

No need to shout at me - I consider myself well and truly told off/slapped down, and will go and cry into my wine! :wink: :lol:

Viv 8)

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
phoenix said:
XYZZY , we differ quite a bit on Truffle's calories, fat and carbs. I think you may have included more butter, perhaps more steak mince.

Breakfast - 60g full fat cheddar cheese
Lunch - 200g smoked salmon
Handfull of lettuce leaves. Lemon juice and black pepper. (missed out, so there might be 1 more g carb!)
Supper - Homemade steak burger assumed 200g steak mince
spinach, assumed 200g; 3.2g carbs
mushroom assumed 100g 0.4 g carb
(with butter) assumed 20g
half an avocado.: 1.36g carb
Pudding - Sugar free strawberry jelly : 2 g carb

totals: 1310 cal
88.2 fat (61%)
119.08 protein (37%)
7g carb( 2%)

Yes you are right! I have mistakenly copied and pasted some info from tree-pony's sheet and totally missed out the mushroom and spinach. Will rectify and will drop the mince down to 85g half of tree-ponys and drop the butter back to 10g to cook the mushrooms in. have guessed 30g for the mushrooms and 100g for the spinach which might be a bit high. I've also removed the milk.

I've updated the original post with the amended info. Thanks!