So bleeping angry with my gp!!!!!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Apology accepted. It was the high blood sugar with DV that worried me. I am t2 not t1 but have learnt the hard way that we don't always realise we are as ill as we are and having nearly died from hellp syndrome before and then after I gave birth I don't mess around. Probably why I take my diabetes so seriously. Then again my husband tells me I'm difficult so......
Can you imagine what my hubby tells me!!!
Can't imagine what you been through!!
Calamity.. When able to check nhs choices reviews on Practices near you. Have a look at their websites too. We all know some Practices are better than others.. Its just finding the good ones...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been firm but not rude. They have put the phone down on me and I just think that to get out of the fact they have been rude and I haven't created...they will say I have been abusive...trust me, I haven't though!

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks again DD. I don't listen to my husband....that's what makes our marriage so successful...oh, hold on...is that my husband calling???......tough! ;-)

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Trouble is in this world is:

My hubby will see a tree-he sees it as wood for our coal burner.. I see it as a thing of beauty.
I see a squirrel as lovely, he sees it as vermin.

It doesn't matter what we say or do or look at in life, it will be different to how somebody else sees it or hears it...

I think thats why good Managers, GP's, consultants etc should recap what you have said to them, and ideally in this world allow you to recap what has been agreed... (Or not).

So their interpretation is always going to be different to yours....

Reactions: 6 people
H

Hooked

I have been firm but not rude. They have put the phone down on me and I just think that to get out of the fact they have been rude and I haven't created...they will say I have been abusive...trust me, I haven't though!

I'd wait and see what the letter says, if it accuses you of being rude: I wonder if their calls are recorded at the practice. If they are you can request copies of the recordings of your calls.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
At my Practice when I complained they listened back to the recording but somehow managed to say that the end of the recording had failed!! My Practice is out of Calamitys boundary probably at the moment but in October she could apply.
There is another one with good reviews near us but again, currently outside our boundary.

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmm.. I wonder if we need to have a practice review section, though having it in the forum is probably not the best place for it.

Just a thought :)

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hmm.. I wonder if we need to have a practice review section, though having it in the forum is probably not the best place for it.

Just a thought :)

There are Practice Reviews on NHS choices.. But I guess you are relating it to good diabetic Practices... This would be brilliant....

Reactions: 2 people

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
I have requested a replacement sharps bin from my GP three times now to no avail. Practice Manager will have a letter awaiting her attention when she arrives for,work on Monday.
I'll keep you posted.

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I have requested a replacement sharps bin from my GP three times now to no avail. Practice Manager will have a letter awaiting her attention when she arrives for,work on Monday.
I'll keep you posted.

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

Some Practices will give you an initial sharps bin, but when full I had to contact my council. I left it sealed on my doorstep, they picked it up and left a replacement bin...

RHNtype1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Days when my blood sugars do not work for me, HOWEVER these are now rare days as I have a pump after 33+ years of diabetes.
The surgery called me up once to ask if I was sure that I needed the blood test strips that I had asked for on prescription as I had recently had some and they wondered why I was using so many. When I spoke to the doctor they agreed to prescribe them but it caused a delay in my getting the strips and really bothered me because it was clearly all about cost rather than good control! Thankfully this has not happened since, possibly because I was quite stroppy when he called. LOL.

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't think I would be happy to leave my sharps bin on the doorstep!!!!!! However, as I childminder, I have to have one, but....getting one out of the drs is another nightmare so I don't bother. I use a klix box (like a tupperware box) bought from asda and empty it at the hospital when full.
I don't know, maybe we should start another thread on the things we have to do to get what we are entitled to and need from our drs!
letter still not here yet, bloods high, can't eat or sleep and honestly feel that gps don't think or care about what their actions can cause....receptionists too!
watch this space.....

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Have you contacted hospital consultant and told he/she that your GP is not prescribing as per their instructions? Ask to speak to consultants secretary and the DSN at hospital and explain to them what's going on.. This is no good. Think you have given them every opportunity..think you are going to have to contact MP. You got no choice now..

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
post just been.....no letter. these drs seriously know how to stress you out over the weekend! still......nice day so thinking of just going for a nice long walk and a coffee somewhere....have a good weekend all!!! x

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bummer :(

But on the positive side it avoids the frustration of being able to do **** all over the weekend if a response is needed ! Enjoy the weekend and recuperate and gather your inner strength :)

Signy

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I don't think I would be happy to leave my sharps bin on the doorstep!!!!!! However, as I childminder, I have to have one, but....getting one out of the drs is another nightmare so I don't bother. I use a klix box (like a tupperware box) bought from asda and empty it at the hospital when full.
I don't know, maybe we should start another thread on the things we have to do to get what we are entitled to and need from our drs!
letter still not here yet, bloods high, can't eat or sleep and honestly feel that gps don't think or care about what their actions can cause....receptionists too!
watch this space.....
I have a dn who refuses to treat me because I won't eat rice, pasta, bread or potatoes. Not because I'm a difficult old baggage (although I am) but because they raise my bs over 2 hours to double figures and make me feel ill. If I don't eat these things I am fine. I have finally found 1 doc in the whole practice who is happy with what I do so I'm sticking with him. The other doc refers to LCHF as that stupid diet. Even the consultant tells me I need to eat more carbs. When I showed the dn at the hospital my diet she was surprised at how healthy it was and asked me how I would sustain it. The silly dn at the docs told me that I'd never sustain it and end up binging. Really? Since she was no Kate Moss I can only conclude that this was more about her own issues. As for the receptionist..... She refused to give me a doc appointment (the NHS health line sent a paramedic to attend me as I hypod from too much met) despite the paramedic telling me to see the doc the next day so that my met could be reduced and I had to complain. The life of a diabetic is not easy!

Reactions: 6 people

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Omg! I thought I was treated badly!!!! tbh I have lost that much faith that ive started reading up on dr bernsteins diet etc. if I can get my own cgm meter, I wouldn't need to bother the dr for test strips.... I know its expensive aa I got details last week, but im seriously considering it. im struggling at the moment and made to feel like im hard work, but I just want to be well.....like anyone with or without diabetes.

well done on your low carbing etc....please feel free to message me with details of how you are doing it and what, if any, diet/lifestyle programme you are following xxx