So bleeping angry with my gp!!!!!!

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep...just 1. But it should last me until I have the review. Even rang the surgery to thank them. Panic over but still dreading the letter! Lol x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think so. The dr apparently, did the script yesterday but t couldn't get through to them as they were closed for training. The script went straight to the chemist. Would have been nice to have had a phone call, but maybe I was expecting too much x

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
After the nurses at my gp surgery telling me that I know more about diabetes than them and another one telling me to keep my bloids at 2.....they referred me to a consultant at the hospital for my reviews etc....
Just picked up my prescription and v was told that my test stri p s will no longer be on repeat prescription until I've been to the nurse for a diabetic review! I have tried calling gp and receptionist said it has nothing to do with her and I need to put my reasons in writing!
Surely seeing a consultant is a review and shouldn't waste valuable nurses time having 2 reviews. ...I also can't see a nurse for 3 weeks as they are fully booked for their diabetiec appointments. ..how the hell am I meant to cope with no blood test strips? ????????
Can the gp do this? Surely they can't withold them from me? ???
Any advice? ???
Thank you x

I haven't read beyond this post but make an appointment and don't give the reason to the receptionist. It's private and you don't have to tell them! Then take it from there....

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You're right. Problem is that my husband and I work full time together on our own business so taking time off together is difficult, but I agree that this is best...However ridiculous it seems! My pharmacist is wonderful however so know he will help. At present im still really tearful so im not going to go back to drs today. My hubby will however, go there soon to see if I have a script and either way will get me some from the pharmacist. I intend to make an emergency appointment tomorrow morning with or without the letter and ask him his reasons for this. I will also ask to see their complaints procedure and then go as far as I have to. I will try my very best not to cry or beg. I will also change my practice because if nothing else, I have lost all respect, confidence and trust in not only the dr but the staff too. I am just really grateful for everyone's support on here. Thank you xx

****** this - go to a &e tell them you've got a stomach bug, mention that you're type 1, explain about docs. Just read somewhere how acidketosis or whatatever it is is brought on by noravirus and your bs is 18. Tell them you're feeling really ill. Watch how quickly it gets sorted....

Reactions: 2 people

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Passing round the glucostix as everyone's BSug goes sky high on anger over this idiots surgery :happy:

Reactions: 6 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
****** this - go to a &e tell them you've got a stomach bug, mention that you're type 1, explain about docs. Just read somewhere how acidketosis or whatatever it is is brought on by noravirus and your bs is 18. Tell them you're feeling really ill. Watch how quickly it gets sorted....

Do you think A&E would send Calamity away with a pot of strips...?
As she stated she has her business to run as well... Do you really think using excuses to go to A&E is good for Patients and NHS? Somebody may be needing urgent care for heart attacks etc...
It was a complaint about reviews and blood strips and info.. Not a medical emergency. Just because you read something somewhere about novovirus... That is so wrong...

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Do you think A&E would send Calamity away with a pot of strips...?
As she stated she has her business to run as well... Do you really think using excuses to go to A&E is good for Patients and NHS? Somebody may be needing urgent care for heart attacks etc...
It was a complaint about reviews and blood strips and info.. Not a medical emergency. Just because you read something somewhere about novovirus... That is so wrong...

If calamity is T1, has high blood sugar and has a stomach bug (with no means of testing) then she is at risk of ketoacidosis. As you have already acknowledged, it is very dangerous and irresponsible to leave someone in those circumstances without strips. If the NHS do not like patients going to the hospital, then they should address the poor practice of some doctors who pay lip service to a serious, life threatening condition rather than deal with it in an appropriate manner often due to financial constraints but at the price of the patient. As it turns out, the op has been given some strips but if non had been forthcoming then yes, I think it would have been perfectly acceptable to go to A&E.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
If none was forthcoming.... Exactly..

I wrote this reply as I was cooking dinner. Ergo there had been no reply as I posted this so when I posted my reply , there was no post talking about the op receiving a pot. As soon as I hit the post key, the ops reply came up. Perhaps I am misinterpreting your reply as there is no verbal or visual reply but I think your response of exactly could be interpreted as quite rude.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Well to be honest, I cannot see on this posting that OP said she had stomach probs or hi sugars... If she did, I will apologise.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I agree with way Patients have to jump through loops to get treatment for anything. Been there myself.. GP in Wales expected me as a T1 to have 1 strip a day...

It is a fight, and heck Calamity has had **** when her GP's ignore consultants letters advising of qty of strips.

Totally agree she has had hell.

Just could not find any mention of her on this posting having stomach probs... i don't set out to be rude, but really what Calmity needs to do now is to go to review, and if she gets bad **** again.. Move to another surgery and contact her MP.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well to be honest, I cannot see on this posting that OP said she had stomach probs or hi sugars... If she did, I will apologise.

Another update...I officially give up!
In answer to previous notifications...yes...I can seriously feel the papers coming on and advising anyone with diabetes to avoid this practice. Im shaking with anger and upset and guess what? Blood sugars up to 18....Thanks for everything doc.....:'(

Update. ........receptionist manager has just put the phone down on me! Yes I did stay calm. She said that the dr will not give more strips until ive seen the nurse as they have to know im looking after my diabetes. I said I can't do that with no strips. ..she said I had a pot of strips a few days ago...a pot of 50, so couldn't see my problem. ...my problem is I have sickness and diarrhoea bug atm and I have 30 left but need to know im not going to run out.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Apologies sent..I know Calamity been through hell, recognise that totally. Even more so now!!

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think you've all been great, and you have all made me feel great. There have been many posts on this thread and I myself have missed some. I did have a stomach problem (will not elaborate but sure you all get the gist!) but that is getting better...yes the stress this has caused me has affected my bs which I hold my drs completely accountable for. I am expecting more hell from my GP as they have been wrong and, I believe, are trying to back out of the fact that they have cocked up big time. I appreciate everyone's help, I'm just hoping that on top of this, I'm paranoid about thus letter coming.......just want to be able to control my diabetes.....thank you everyone. I'm glad I'm not alone. Xxx

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I think you've all been great, and you have all made me feel great. There have been many posts on this thread and I myself have missed some. I did have a stomach problem (will not elaborate but sure you all get the gist!) but that is getting better...yes the stress this has caused me has affected my bs which I hold my drs completely accountable for. I am expecting more hell from my GP as they have been wrong and, I believe, are trying to back out of the fact that they have cocked up big time. I appreciate everyone's help, I'm just hoping that on top of this, I'm paranoid about thus letter coming.......just want to be able to control my diabetes.....thank you everyone. I'm glad I'm not alone. Xxx
If I understand correctly, you're frightened that you can be kicked out of that surgery? What have you done wrong? Also, do you want to stay and be treated like that? Are there other surgeries? I think you have good grounds to make a complaint. Wouldn't get too worried. Hope you get better and sorted soon. Take carex

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Apologies sent..I know Calamity been through hell, recognise that totally. Even more so now!!

Apology accepted. It was the high blood sugar with DV that worried me. I am t2 not t1 but have learnt the hard way that we don't always realise we are as ill as we are and having nearly died from hellp syndrome before and then after I gave birth I don't mess around. Probably why I take my diabetes so seriously. Then again my husband tells me I'm difficult so......