Suspected gallbladder problem due to losing weight too quickly?

sarah_chadwick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There is no proof fat causes gallbladder problems.
Its your body not able to adapt to your fast dietary change.
No more.
Changing dramatically to a high carb one won't resolve the situation.
Have you a blockage in the duct, or stones?
I had a scan and I have stones, just waiting on whether I need surgery or not to remove the gallbladder, I haven't changed dramatically, just introduced some small amounts of bread and pasta as these are the only things that don't make it flair up (with veg of course!)

Reactions: ickihun

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My friend's husband has recently been hospitalised for 3 weeks with stomach issues that turned out to be large gallstones. He had his gallbladder removed. He has been on a very low fat duiet for several years as advised by his doctor due to raised cholesterol. He eats as many carbs as he wants but no fat as far as that is possible. So fat did not cause his gallstones - more like a lack of fat.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I had a scan and I have stones, just waiting on whether I need surgery or not to remove the gallbladder, I haven't changed dramatically, just introduced some small amounts of bread and pasta as these are the only things that don't make it flair up (with veg of course!)
I hope the pain stops soon and permanently. I sympathise as I thought I had a problem last year. It was a stomach/intestine infection and IBS.