Suspected gallbladder problem due to losing weight too quickly?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can second having had the advice to eat fats for gall bladder health. When I had my kidney stones, the consultant advised me to keep my gall bladder healthy (apparently the two cn go hand in hand, kidney and gall stones) by giving it something to do by eating some fats as otherwise it can get silted up. This was 10 years ago.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I can second having had the advice to eat fats for gall bladder health. When I had my kidney stones, the consultant advised me to keep my gall bladder healthy (apparently the two cn go hand in hand, kidney and gall stones) by giving it something to do by eating some fats as otherwise it can get silted up. This was 10 years ago.
No guarantee though. I've always liked fat and still got gall-stones.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Having pain again. Awaiting for 4hrs since pains relief to take them and cuddle pillow in bed. Have had to take fibrogel again. Feels like severe constipation but with muscular spasms. :(
I just want to cry. As rubbing tummy isn't helping.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Will have to see GP again this week as i was in agony again last night :(
I'm sure my blood pressure is still up. I still need blood tests for bariatric Unit via GP. Awaiting a bariatric nurse appointment too.

Just had breakfast and here we go again. I feel ghastly. I'm off to take painkillers as took antibiotics 2hrs ago. Buscupan and pregabalin might help.
Nauseous. :(

cocobee.2017

I got gallstones too after rapid weight loss but I think other causes as well like nearly a lifetime of wrong eating + not drinking enough water

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
there are no guarantees with anything, but sharing our experiences is still good.
Thank god you all have. I would be climbing up the wall. I get to know nothing by nhs. Just snippets, it's like extracting teeth.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank god you all have. I would be climbing up the wall. I get to know nothing by nhs. Just snippets, it's like extracting teeth.
yeah, often 'full disclose' before something is anything but full.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I got gallstones too after rapid weight loss but I think other causes as well like nearly a lifetime of wrong eating + not drinking enough water
A&E doctor was surprised I was hydrated. I told him I'm always drinking water. He said my kidneys are brilliant for a diabetic. My two sickness bouts were settled quickly but left nausea, but I sipped water a few hours later. Even in waiting room at A&E. I carry it around. Always. ;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Done a booboo earlier. I left painkillers at home so bought some plain paracetamol and ibuprofen at 12.00. They didn't take my back pain away, at all. Watching clock to take paracetamol again at 16.00 but with codeine as normal.
I've just put paracetamol and codeine in my handbag.
Never again. I was in total agony and couldn't walk as far as boots in town so distracted myself to bus stop to be able to sit. Once 20mins I was in a lot less anguish.
Maybe i do have a bulging disc too. God knows but I cannot take much more of this. I'm seeing GP friday and I will have to tell him. I cannot do anymore. Hoping blood tests will be back from tuesday by then.
I don't know if gp now on holiday wanted any specific other tests doing, I know he was keen for me to have them but I was in agony and couldn't wait around in pain any longer.... before snow came.

cocobee.2017

A&E doctor was surprised I was hydrated. I told him I'm always drinking water. He said my kidneys are brilliant for a diabetic. My two sickness bouts were settled quickly but left nausea, but I sipped water a few hours later. Even in waiting room at A&E. I carry it around. Always. ;)
Good on you for keeping up your water intake. I know what gallstone pain is like so I hope u don't have more bouts + get better soon. I admit I have never drank enough water(trying to now) but had plenty of tea and coffee and alcohol though! lol

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good on you for keeping up your water intake. I know what gallstone pain is like so I hope u don't have more bouts + get better soon. I admit I have never drank enough water(trying to now) but had plenty of tea and coffee and alcohol though! lol
Thats just it. I haven't drank alcohol for years now. I don't miss it. Other half makes up for my share! Ha ha

Reactions: cocobee.2017

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Going back to bed. Ready for sleep again.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
what kind of gallbladder problem?
GP is treating me with a second dose of antibiotics so I'm guessing an infected gallbladder or duct or surrounding area... internally. I have symptoms of inflamed gallbladder but could be another organ or small intestine, although my internal examination ruled out some inflammation at A&E last week.
I'm being treated with a nerve damage drug for internal spasms and buscupan for spasms. I'm encouraged to continue with Constipating codeine for my spinal cord pain and ibuprofen for back muscle spasms.
I'm a wreck.
Awaiting a duplicate Abdominal ultrasound scan from last year (March).
Chest pains from it all gets rechecked when it affects me very badly and affects my breathing. Asthma needs steroids but on hold. Saturating oxygen levels are good. Blood pressure is up.
Antibiotics finish today so will be interested if it can hold its own til I see GP on Friday morning.???

Out this morning for hba1c blood test. It will be higher than 48. For sure.

Ive been having right rib pain to touch for more than 5yrs but ignored it. Got new baby after so it went away (or distraction, maybe resolved it at first look) ... but it's back with vengeance. However back pain in walking is the absolute worse.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
GP is treating me with a second dose of antibiotics so I'm guessing an infected gallbladder or duct or surrounding area... internally. I have symptoms of inflamed gallbladder but could be another organ or small intestine, although my internal examination ruled out some inflammation at A&E last week.
I'm being treated with a nerve damage drug for internal spasms and buscupan for spasms. I'm encouraged to continue with Constipating codeine for my spinal cord pain and ibuprofen for back muscle spasms.
I'm a wreck.
Awaiting a duplicate Abdominal ultrasound scan from last year (March).
Chest pains from it all gets rechecked when it affects me very badly and affects my breathing. Asthma needs steroids but on hold. Saturating oxygen levels are good. Blood pressure is up.
Antibiotics finish today so will be interested if it can hold its own til I see GP on Friday morning.???

Out this morning for hba1c blood test. It will be higher than 48. For sure.

Ive been having right rib pain to touch for more than 5yrs but ignored it. Got new baby after so it went away (or distraction, maybe resolved it at first look) ... but it's back with vengeance. However back pain in walking is the absolute worse.

Ickihun you’re having such a tough time of it at the moment, my heart goes out to you.
When you’re in pain you can’t focus on anything else but the pain can you. Really hope you get some relief soon.
D

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ickihun you’re having such a tough time of it at the moment, my heart goes out to you.
When you’re in pain you can’t focus on anything else but the pain can you. Really hope you get some relief soon.
D
Thank you @DJC3. I'm back from the most horrific walk to school. I cried most of the way back with agony. On returning home I've increased co-codamol to codeine and paracetamol. I'm going to suffer with constipation now. One pain and anguish for another. Humf! Fibrogel sometimes doesn't work as I cannot always afford it twice a day at nearly £4 for 5 days worth.
Just getting blood test this morning but might ask if GP will add fibrogel to my prescription. I feel guilty as it's long enough but I cannot suffer codeine without some constipation relief. Mind u codeine still not as good as tramadol.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ickihun would your doc prescribe tramadol instead do you think?
I don’t think it causes constipation like codeine, (although tramadol made me ill when I had it.) It is like the final straw for you I should think, nothing funny about constipation, its horrendous.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun would your doc prescribe tramadol instead do you think?
I don’t think it causes constipation like codeine, (although tramadol made me ill when I had it.) It is like the final straw for you I should think, nothing funny about constipation, its horrendous.
Just came of it a few months back as I started getting no relief on it. I'd been on it a year.
Seeing him friday as antibiotics finish today and side pain still very apparent. Hugely after food. No temperature of clammy skin at mo now thou.
Just pain.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hba1c has raised from 48 to 58. :(

Scan brought forward to Monday morning. Feeling very very nauseous this morning and everything is tight. Chest and back muscles.
Feel I have temperature again. :(
Blood tests showed I was on the right antibiotic as infection was coming down. (Tuesday blood test).
So narrowed down to organ infection or bone/joint infection.
Looking for pain relief from GP this morning so I can wait for scan Monday.