Suspected gallbladder problem due to losing weight too quickly?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
No gallbladder problem.
Scan revealed only fatty liver back from Xmas carbs.
No carbs next Xmas and we'll see if any difference. Should have smaller stomach by Xmas thou.

I'd called bariatric team and nurse assured me if needed gallbladder out, it would be done with bariatric op. So no 2 ops. Phew!

Luckily my innerds are fine!

I will work on getting rid of fatty liver so op can be lapscoptic.
Not given liver shrinking diet yet, either!
Hoping to meet my surgeon soon.

So......
My weight loss hasn't caused gallbladder problem.

Taking pain killers and carrying on. :(

Im very suspicious about the extra pains but hay ho.... I'm no medic.
I'm going to look like a nut if I press the nhs to look into it further, eh?
I'll just take the painkillers and call 111 if I get chest pains, like I'm told.

I guess no period whilst anaemia gets corrected?
Given 3x210mg daily of iron ferrate. Its improving my sleep. I slept for longer last night.

I still cannot believe. I've got anaemia.
I eat plenty of meats, veg and loads of eggs.
Maybe boiling veg then stir-frying them takes out their nutrients?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
there are several types of anemia, and several causes, not just dietary. Its worth finding out what sort of anemia you have.

also, you still need to find the source and cause of the pain you are in. It is your doctors job to do that, you are not a nut.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
there are several types of anemia, and several causes, not just dietary. Its worth finding out what sort of anemia you have.

also, you still need to find the source and cause of the pain you are in. It is your doctors job to do that, you are not a nut.
On doing a repeat for a med from A&E I've been asked to see GP next week. (will be taking sleeping bag soon).
GP has put buscupan generic med on repeat and am finding relief from it.

Its when walking I'm in agony until tramadol is in its second set of tablets from rising. Even then I feel disfigured and muscles spasm on me after a few meters (on second dose of tramadol). Ibuprofen is ok for me clutching my muscles getting up and down. Clinching jaw when in pain and back muscle relaxant for sleep, with Tramadol.
I walked a few yards at 11am and I was spasming and clinching in severe pain trying to walk. I had my crutch and partners arm.
At 1pm I was able to walk meter's until spasms kicked in and pain to walk down my street, to home.
I'm in pain awaiting for 4hrs to pass for next 2 tramadol so I don't hurt when I move, in any way.
My back is hurting as I sit typing this and await til 17.30 for next pain relief. :(

I think innerds were in pain more when I had infection and anaemia was untreated. Also when waiting for more buscupan tablets from chemist.
I'm just getting scatica in leg, still and pelvic shock!

I know I need to ask about damaged ovary scan. I will ask on tuesday.:(
Wish I didn't have too.

Discovered I am a little incontinent via running out of pads I was using for incase of accident in a toilet without other half's help.
I'd previously told physio I didn't have any of those issues. But I do :(

I will chase up MSK referral next week with appointments at our major hospital.
I just hope someone will investigate all this pain and tell me what's causing it.

I'm very very reluctant to tell 111 of any chest pains til it's sorted out.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, I will be blunt here:

it is possible that a nerve is being trapped, or several nerves. This can cause all sorts of problem, and lead to damage of your spinal cord and the nerves to your bladder, pelvis and bowel. This needs urgent treatment and, if your doctor wont do it, you need someone to come with you to kick and scream on your behalf until he/she does something about it. Especially now continence is involved.

https://www.spine-health.com/conditions/lower-back-pain/cauda-equina-syndrome

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

GP is treating me with iron ferrate only. 3x210mg per day. They are used for dietary anaemia, I thought?

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

it is possible that a nerve is being trapped, or several nerves. This can cause all sorts of problem, and lead to damage of your spinal cord and the nerves to your bladder, pelvis and bowel. This needs urgent treatment and, if your doctor wont do it, you need someone to come with you to kick and scream on your behalf until he/she does something about it. Especially now continence is involved.

@lucylocket may be onto something, @ickihun. Forgive me if you have had investigations for this but has anyone mentioned sacroiliac joint syndrome? In one of your other posts on another thread you mentioned pain in the lower back right pelvis area - this is where the s-i joint is. I have been suffering from this for a while and have resorted to seeing a chiropractor (I realise not everyone is able to) and he said the same as @lucylocket - the nerves and muscles (especially muscles) can be inflamed and affected by s-i joint syndrome. He asked me if I had trouble with 'the waterworks' and went on to explain why, and also bowel problems. I've been having ultrasound and acupuncture for it, but the last time he pressed down on the front groin/hip area and I almost hit the roof. "Ah yes, that's the muscles protesting." Didn't I know it! Please kick and scream about the continence situation (although you must be absolutely fed up with trying to get help) - you have had so much to put up with I just hope you find relief soon.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

It does say this condition is very rare.
However, I won't ignore your help in making me fully aware of this.
I only have minor incontinence which is helped by pads. However if it gets worse I will call 111 for more help. Hubby aware.
I will mention it to gp on Tuesday, if it doesn't progress to an urgent medical problem.
Thanks @lucylocket61

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
This is what the NHS has to say. You may find the whole article interesting.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/iron-deficiency-anaemia/
It makes me wonder how long I've had it.

Palpatations. Started Nov'16

January and February '18 filled with cereal as money was tight compared to other months.

I must look at low levels of vit C to help. Kiwi fruit is no good on my ulcered tongue and mouth.
Been treated by 2 loads of antibiotics but feel OK now. I was feeling ill.
I was given cipro, twice which treats gastric infections or bone/joint infections.

I've been complaining of a swollen stomach for months to one of my GPs. He just put it down to obesity related as due for bariatric surgery.

I think if GP doesn't help more on tuesday about swollen stomach I will ask bariatric nurse to help me. Maybe my regular gp doesn't know what he should do to help? Water balloon tummy hasn't reduced on iron supplement... yet.
Cipro antibiotic made no difference. Still look 9mths pregnant as all on stomach area. No swollen feet as I move around. I'm not bedbound but if I was my ankles would balloon too.
Cardiologist discharged me due to healthy heart and mild heart disease.
Palpatations were helped by reduction in levothyroxine and not as a strict low carb diet.
Constipation was primarily from codeine which has resolved now I no longer take codeine. Iron tablets haven't returned this complaint... so far.

My diet is far smaller now, shame my body isn't.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@lucylocket may be onto something, @ickihun. Forgive me if you have had investigations for this but has anyone mentioned sacroiliac joint syndrome? In one of your other posts on another thread you mentioned pain in the lower back right pelvis area - this is where the s-i joint is. I have been suffering from this for a while and have resorted to seeing a chiropractor (I realise not everyone is able to) and he said the same as @lucylocket - the nerves and muscles (especially muscles) can be inflamed and affected by s-i joint syndrome. He asked me if I had trouble with 'the waterworks' and went on to explain why, and also bowel problems. I've been having ultrasound and acupuncture for it, but the last time he pressed down on the front groin/hip area and I almost hit the roof. "Ah yes, that's the muscles protesting." Didn't I know it! Please kick and scream about the continence situation (although you must be absolutely fed up with trying to get help) - you have had so much to put up with I just hope you find relief soon.
My original diagnosis from my regular gp was pelvic joint inflammation. Then after loads of blood tests via A&E and cardiology for chest pains I was told no return to naproxen and only low levels of inflammation. I don't think I have any arthritis like my whole family who have it even at an early age. I've got diabetes instead, it seems. (although I know doesn't work that way!)
My recent bloods still showed very low levels of inflammation.
A pinched nerve is definitely in keeping with scatic numb and painful leg. Although numb toe has improved since starting pregabalin.
My pelvis feels locked, hence pain in walking. It can be excruciating.

Spasms are fairly new and pain in my stomach and innerds. Inners spasms and pain is great on buscupan. I can feel a difference. So I'm happy to take those painkillers/relievers.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
do you know that that is the type of anemia you have? my husbands anemia wasnt diet related.
I'll ask specifically on Tuesday. Just to double check.
If I'm not bleeding anywhere and it's not dietary. What anaemia can it be?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
https://www.bupa.co.uk/health-information/directory/a/anaemia

https://pernicious-anaemia-society.org/symptoms/

my husbands was caused by NSAID's destroying his red blood cells. Once he stopped taking them, within 4 months his blood count was normal again.

have you had any tests like colonoscopy and endoscopy to check for internal bleeding?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
https://www.bupa.co.uk/health-information/directory/a/anaemia

https://pernicious-anaemia-society.org/symptoms/

my husbands was caused by NSAID's destroying his red blood cells. Once he stopped taking them, within 4 months his blood count was normal again.

have you had any tests like colonoscopy and endoscopy to check for internal bleeding?
No.
Bariatric surgeon is due to in a few months.
I should meet surgeon soon but he won't operate to do bariatric reduction til fully 100%. So the main op may be postponed if I need internal help.
They won't want me in hospital too long.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No.
Bariatric surgeon is due to in a few months.
I should meet surgeon soon but he won't operate to do bariatric reduction til fully 100%. So the main op may be postponed if I need internal help.
They won't want me in hospital too long.
so how does your doctor know what the cause of your anemia is? I think more tests are needed for you.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@ickihun is it that stole the 1.5 million painkillers from a lorry? BBC website reporting...

Hope you are feeling a little better even if you did not commit robbery.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun is it that stole the 1.5 million painkillers from a lorry? BBC website reporting...

Hope you are feeling a little better even if you did not commit robbery.
I couldnt even drive the lorry never mind heist that many painkillers about.
Wow.
What a heist?
I guess tobacco is no longer the popular steal these days!

Its scary isn't it. :eek:

Feeling more myself and just left with wanting to sleep during day and interrupted night sleep.

sarah_chadwick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Following a LCHF lifestyle along with 5:2 fasting for nearly 2 years, losing weight and bringing my sugar levesl down so that I could come off medication, I too now have gallstones and am awaiting for gallbladder removal. My GP told me that it was down to following the LCHF lifestyle and so has to re-introduce carbs (Bread and pasta) back into my diet as they are some of the things that don't bring on the pain! Can't win :(

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Following a LCHF lifestyle along with 5:2 fasting for nearly 2 years, losing weight and bringing my sugar levesl down so that I could come off medication, I too now have gallstones and am awaiting for gallbladder removal. My GP told me that it was down to following the LCHF lifestyle and so has to re-introduce carbs (Bread and pasta) back into my diet as they are some of the things that don't bring on the pain! Can't win :(
There is no proof fat causes gallbladder problems.
Its your body not able to adapt to your fast dietary change.
No more.
Changing dramatically to a high carb one won't resolve the situation.
Have you a blockage in the duct, or stones?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
so how does your doctor know what the cause of your anemia is? I think more tests are needed for you.
Think I have anemia again.
Very low blood pressure after gastroscopy. In bed ill, again. :(