Thank You. Reversed Type 2 in Two Months

Mottsy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank You.

I was diagnosed with Type 2 on 23 January this year. (Blood sample taken on 6 January). My HbA1C was 57 and I was prescribed Metformin 500mg twice a day.

I felt my surgery were more of a hindrance than a help and could not get an appointment to see the doctor to discuss the results. (My only other post was a rant about that!)

So feeling overwhelmed by it all and needing help, I looked to the internet and found this wonderful site.

I read everything I could to try and understand this disease and immediately started a low carb diet. (Very low carb).

I started to test my blood and within 4 days my blood tests were below 7 and so far have never gone any higher. Most being high 4’s to mid 5’s with the very occasional low 6 from the “Morning Phenomenon”.

Weight started to fall off me, 2.5 stone so far and hoping to continue.

I changed my GP Surgery and on 15 February the new surgery’s nurse was taking blood to get another sample tested.

I just got back from getting the results. My HbA1c level is 39!

The Diabetic nurse is extremely pleased and explained that my Diabetes is reversed but I still have Diabetes and will always have it. (Just as I learnt from this site).

We discussed whether I should come off Metformin, (I decided stay on it for now), and she is happy to see in me in a year for another blood test. (She said if my own blood tests should start to go up them give the surgery a call).

So a very big THANK YOU to everyone.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done indeed... stunning results and very quickly too. Glad that your new surgery is a little more supportive.
Still at the end of the day it's all down to you. Great news.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Marvellous! and well done for finding a doc surgery that is a bit more on the ball.
But most of all, well done for all your hard work. :D

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Drum roll ......followed by a cymbal, well done.

Reactions: Dinet

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant work well done. You’ve clearly taken the “bull by the horns” and worked hard at turning it round. I’m sure you’ll carry on going in the right direction congratulations on your amazing achievements so far in such a short time too.

adyf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mines a similar story to your Mottsy in terms of diagnosis date and result etc. I have my follow up blood test on the 23rd April, and whilst I haven't self tested I've been stringent with diet and exercise, no alcohol etc. I've also lost 1.5 stone, so fingers crossed the results will be positive.

JTJennings

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Brilliant, just had similar but not that good.

Was put in hospital on 17th Jan with a blood sugar of 27 and hba1c of 104.

Had my bloods last week and went in for my results today.

Hba1c was 62 but they said it will lower further as the 3 month window wasn't off.

Lost 1st 9lbs in that time and they've taken me off the met form in completely.

Properly pleased for you as I know how good it feels

hooha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
long queues.
Thank You.

I was diagnosed with Type 2 on 23 January this year. (Blood sample taken on 6 January). My HbA1C was 57 and I was prescribed Metformin 500mg twice a day.

I felt my surgery were more of a hindrance than a help and could not get an appointment to see the doctor to discuss the results. (My only other post was a rant about that!)

So feeling overwhelmed by it all and needing help, I looked to the internet and found this wonderful site.

I read everything I could to try and understand this disease and immediately started a low carb diet. (Very low carb).

I started to test my blood and within 4 days my blood tests were below 7 and so far have never gone any higher. Most being high 4’s to mid 5’s with the very occasional low 6 from the “Morning Phenomenon”.

I changed my GP Surgery and on 15 February the new surgery’s nurse was taking blood to get another sample tested.

The Diabetic nurse is extremely pleased and explained that my Diabetes is reversed but I still have Diabetes and will always have it. (Just as I learnt from this site).

We discussed whether I should come off Metformin, (I decided stay on it for now), and she is happy to see in me in a year for another blood test. (She said if my own blood tests should start to go up them give the surgery a call).

WELL DONE - You are not the first person to complain about lack of access to the GP, lack of good support , lack of educated Diabetic Nurse help. The whole thing is poor. Glad you were able to change dr.s [ Sometimes you can't - it is something to do with '' catchment areas ''
Check out Prof Roy Taylor and reversing type 2 for more info . good luck

hooha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
long queues.
Thank You.

WELL DONE - You are not the first person to complain about lack of access to the GP, lack of good support , lack of educated Diabetic Nurse help. The whole thing is poor. Glad you were able to change dr.s [ Sometimes you can't - it is something to do with '' catchment areas ''
Check out Prof Roy Taylor and reversing type 2 for more info . good luck

lt1v14

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank You.

You’ve done so well. It would really help me in my journey to hear what you used to eat and what you changed to?
Thanks Lesley

Incamum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done !
I started a low carb way of eating end of January, HbA1c had gone down from 57 to 52 mid Feb and will have repeat bloods taken in May .
I am surprised that I do not miss the carbs more but don’t miss them at all!
Can’t claim a great weight loss - only 4 Kgs - but any loss is better than a gain

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
Thank You.

Thank You.

That is fantastic. Very well done.
A word of advice though. I would ask for another test in three months. A year is far too long to wait.