ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm writing my findings down on paper. Will give the info at 24hrs stage.
Woke very full still from low carb mixed grill yesterday lunchtime. Very swollen on tummy due to overdoing painful walking yesterday and stressed when explaining everything to new physio.

It won't stop me from my fast.

Edited due to naughty predictive spelling making jibbersh sentences.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, have a later shift start today so I slept for 9 hours (I was exhausted). BG is 5.4 on waking and I have a lovely headache, I think I will increase my water intake and add a little cream to my coffee for today. One a slightly more 'delicate' note, I am peeing like a racehorse ;)

Blonid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. What’s this fasting all about? I’m intrigued.

For me and @rab5 @wiflib @Goonergal @ickihun @Mbaker @HarrisonK
I think that's everyone who said they wanted to do it.
I have had my last meal tonight but feel free to join in whenever you want and fast in whatever way you like.
I'm aiming for friday evening will come back with some figures in the morning cos its time for bed and I do all the numbers when I get up anyway.

See you all tomorrow

Sweet pre-fasting dreams
M
What’s this fasting

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Numbers for this morning

FBG 5.0
Ketones 2.0
Weight 213.2 pounds (3 pounds lower than yesterday but peed a lot so guess its mainly water weight)
Slept ok ...woke at 5.30 for no reason then chucked the cat out at 6.30.

Good luck all for day 2
35 1/2 hours fasted for me so far..

Reactions: DJC3

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Results:
Dropped 2 pounds or thereabouts.... my scales are ****!

FBG 4.1
Ketones ..... I have ordered new sticks so waiting on them. Im convinced I have some somewhere but cant find them.
I slept quite well last night.... woke up with a headache, but then when i stood up had a pee it was gone. Not the pee the headache. I also had a pee in the toilet not when i actually stood up.... ha ha you know what I mean

(Fasting Actual Run Time)
FART: 33 hrs 15 mins

Edited by mod for language

Last edited by a moderator:

Blonid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We're not eating for a few days to lower BG numbers, give our insulin production a rest, maybe trigger some autophagy and even maybe drop a few pounds..
Is this for people who are not on oral diabetic tablets?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is this for people who are not on oral diabetic tablets?
Not sure I understand your question.. I don't take any medication (and credit intermittent fasting for helping achieve this).
What medication are you taking?

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I will watch this with interest. I am too thin so have real negativity when I mention the word "fasting" but I know that the only way to reduce my BG is not to eat!!!! My diet is very limited (with the odd mini binge when I get really cheesed off). I would not be able to fast for more than a couple of days as I really can't afford to lose weight but I do feel that if I did something like the 5:2 diet it might help. I see some of you are normal BMI or on the low side so I will watch for a few days and see what is the best thing for me. Thank you for all your info.

Reactions: rab5

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
I will watch this with interest. I am too thin so have real negativity when I mention the word "fasting" but I know that the only way to reduce my BG is not to eat!!!! My diet is very limited (with the odd mini binge when I get really cheesed off). I would not be able to fast for more than a couple of days as I really can't afford to lose weight but I do feel that if I did something like the 5:2 diet it might help. I see some of you are normal BMI or on the low side so I will watch for a few days and see what is the best thing for me. Thank you for all your info.
People fast for different reasons. For me it was losing weight and giving my pancreas a rest. Autophagy was also a good reason. I have lost about 3 st since Feb 22 this year the LCHF has helped a lot. I have had to throw a lot of clothes out to various charity shops etc etc. Being thinner is starting to cost me money. I think Im forced to fast to cover the cost of new clothes lol

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@rab5 I would only be fasting to try and get my BG lower as it is too high after meals and in the morning unless I have nothing but protein and green veg and don't eat in the evening, just breakfast and lunch. My diet is so limited that I no longer look forward to eating!!!! Doesn't help that I don't particularly like cooking.

Reactions: rab5 and ianpspurs

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
@rab5 I would only be fasting to try and get my BG lower as it is too high after meals and in the morning unless I have nothing but protein and green veg and don't eat in the evening, just breakfast and lunch. My diet is so limited that I no longer look forward to eating!!!! Doesn't help that I don't particularly like cooking.
do you eat much fats?

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't really like fat. I cook my meat/ veg in coconut oil and when I have a few berries I have extra thick double cream but that is about it apart from the fat in my 2 eggs for breakfast. I love butter but don't really have anything I eat it with and I have my coffee black, never had cream or milk with it.

Reactions: Bexsy

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah ! So big inspiration for me. I've just bought ketones meter (FreeStyle optimum neo), I have scale with visceral fat measurement, gluco-meter... I think I'm ready for next May round. I'm looking for
"The Fabulous Fasters Group Fast May 2018"
thread to jump in...

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Found these quite funny.... would love to get a tee shirt with "Nil by Mouth"
ra,unisex_tshirt,x925,101010_01c5ca27c6,front-c,217,190,210,230-bg,f8f8f8.lite-1u6.jpg
ra,unisex_tshirt,x925,101010_01c5ca27c6,front-c,217,190,210,230-bg,f8f8f8.lite-1u6.jpg
i_wont_bite_im_fasting_t_shirt-red97c4c217b84479b9de3c16e5bf8357_k21jo_260.jpg

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Checking in with BG update 19 hours in

4.31 am FBG 4.4
8.07 4.7
10.16 4.0
12.43 4.0

Water and green tea only so far

May need to start adding cream to drinks

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs This is the thread you are looking for.
Thanks @Prem51 . This has proved very useful already. I will do 24 hrs today but have not tested keytones and wrecked the process by having almond milk in my tea. Definitely want to do a longer fast soon and do it properly. Full of admiration/awe for all of you. Two questions: does bone broth need to be from grass fed animals only and how long after exercise would be optimal for keytone testing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51