The Fabulous Fasters Group Fast April 2018

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve been out in company all day so not able to look at my phone - couldn’t wait to get back and check on how you are all doing.
Such great numbers I’m reading! Brilliant going all of you.

Reactions: rab5

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Be prepared to repel people with your breath....

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello and well done to you all, keep it up
I haven't eaten since lunch at 12:10pm and I'm hungry! I don't know how you do it - awesome.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Sabotage / Stitch up! Feels like an attempt anyway by my work. About the 3rd worst night in my career IT wise...long story short, I received an alert last night that a Server FAN had gone down. Usually this is no problem as there are 8 in a typical HP Server, however, not only had one of the fans failed but another was "degraded", so the Server was continually restarting. I tried all I could to resolve this remotely, to no avail, so had around 6 hours from midnight last night to ensure 5 Server workloads were restored elsewhere - I managed this, just one problem, no sleep, taking away from my results.

Reactions: Bexsy and rab5

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
On a positive note 24 hour fast numbers:
FBG 4.2 @ 10:38
3.8 @ 16:28

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Here are some numbers:-

Wed, 25 Apr 2018
Water Fast

33:00 hrs fasting
09:00 4.1

36:51 hrs fasting
12:51 4.1

40:56 hrs fasting
16:56 .3.7

I know I have a keto test strip/stick somewhere.....but I just cant find it. I am feeling really good and have been for the last few hours. I have just sat through the clan having their dinner the smell was lovely but it didnt make me feel hungry (probably jealous lol)

Anyway... more to follow

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Hi all

Checking in with BG update 19 hours in

4.31 am FBG 4.4
8.07 4.7
10.16 4.0
12.43 4.0

Water and green tea only so far

May need to start adding cream to drinks
Brilliant numbers. Im jealous of you lot that like green tea and coffee. I hate the stuff

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker As a data crunchaholic have you considered combining everyone's fasting figures in a table or possibly graph to show similarities or differences in how it affects different people?

I remember someone providing us with a combined weekly table of all our morning fasting levels on one of the threads a few years back, which gave us a handy overall picture of how we were doing.

Just a thought!

Robbity

ETA If I was going to do a serious fast, I'd want to be using a Libre sensor for continuous monitoring. The reader is actually a three in one gadget and can do finger prick glucose and ketone tests as well as logging the sensor readings for upload. So you'd have a a nice 24 hour glucose record with intermittent ketone figures combined.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
24 hour update

BG now at 3.7.

Uncharted territory - never been beyond 24 hours and first time getting this far on water only.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I won’t be adding to the data figures, I’ve not bought any strips, don’t have a ketone tester and no battery in my scales! I’ve just hit the 24° hour mark and my neighbour has walked in with a rare treat; rhubarb. I’m sorely tempted but I won’t.
I’ve had coffee with cream and other clear drinks and I’m not hungry.

HbA1c last week was 30.1 (if I’ve converted that correctly) but no lipid results, even though I checked they were being done at the time as apparently, they are not routine any more.

Vit D was a tad high, according to the Vitamin D council advice so I’ve altered my supplementation.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Here are some numbers:-

Wed, 25 Apr 2018
Water Fast

33:00 hrs fasting
09:00 4.1

36:51 hrs fasting
12:51 4.1

40:56 hrs fasting
16:56 .3.7

I know I have a keto test strip/stick somewhere.....but I just cant find it. I am feeling really good and have been for the last few hours. I have just sat through the clan having their dinner the smell was lovely but it didnt make me feel hungry (probably jealous lol)

Anyway... more to follow
I must admit I waived a little with the home made meatballs and sauce the family were having.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OK 24 hrs up. At 4.5 from 5.4 fasting and keytones were .7. Obviously not up with the big boys and girls but at least I have got to hang out with the cool kids.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I won’t be adding to the data figures, I’ve not bought any strips, don’t have a ketone tester and no battery in my scales! I’ve just hit the 24° hour mark and my neighbour has walked in with a rare treat; rhubarb. I’m sorely tempted but I won’t.
I’ve had coffee with cream and other clear drinks and I’m not hungry.

HbA1c last week was 30.1 (if I’ve converted that correctly) but no lipid results, even though I checked they were being done at the time as apparently, they are not routine any more.

Vit D was a tad high, according to the Vitamin D council advice so I’ve altered my supplementation.
well done for dodging the rhubarb!